Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A homebrew that generates all amiibos (currently ~830) by downloading information from an api and converting it into a format that emuiibo can understand. Its the same than emutool, just on the switch itself. That means it does not generate amiibo.bin dumps but only "virtual" amiibos. No code or files from nintendo are used.

The images you can download are resized to a height of 150px (width is resized according to aspect ratio) and if the images are missing an alpha-channel, that is generated too so all images can be displayed correctly in the emuiibo overlay. This will also shrink overall file size and speed up the overlay.

Before generating new amiibos, it will delete the old ones for compability reasons. It does it by checking for an "autogenerated.flag" file inside the amiibo folder. Your custom amiibos should not have that flag file and thus wont get deleted. Also, if for whatever miracle reason you should use the same folder structure than this tool, it also wont overwrite your amiibos.

https://github.com/Slluxx/AmiiboGenerator

Homebrew App Store

2022102317472000-3F45637D5C7801E066E1565E15D313F7.jpg

Last edited by Slluxx,

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super nice ! This would have been super useful for me in the past when I didn’t have a pc. Someone was kind enough to generate the Zelda skyward sword JSON for me. But now that shouldn’t be a thing for me or anyone else if they don’t have a pc for whatever reason !

Great work !

Reactions: Slluxx

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hella cool man. Missed it yesterday. Are you going to OSS it on GitHub?

Eh idk. the code is so shitty that i dont really want to have it on gh.
if someone really wants it, id take another look at the code, rewrite some things and publish it then

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
great stuff ;)
i found a little problem. your app generates some amiibo folders with a dot on the end of their name. those folders can not be easly removed beacause of it and they are unaccessible in some file managers. to remove this kind of folder the dot in its name must be manually removed (renamed).
do you think its possible to fix this issue ? so folders with dot on the end of their names wont appear
regards

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
great stuff ;)
i found a little problem. your app generates some amiibo folders with a dot on the end of their name. those folders can not be easly removed beacause of it and they are unaccessible in some file managers. to remove this kind of folder the dot in its name must be manually removed (renamed).
do you think its possible to fix this issue ? so folders with dot on the end of their names wont appear
regards
Noticed it too. Ill upload my code to github in a few minutes with a fixed and cleaned up version.
BTW it also failed on some amiibos because of (i assume) kanji letters. Thats fixed too.

@binkinator
like all amiibos in teh world?
All amiibos that are listed in the database. should be around 830 right now.

Reactions: hippy dave

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noticed it too. Ill upload my code to github in a few minutes with a fixed and cleaned up version.
BTW it also failed on some amiibos because of (i assume) kanji letters. Thats fixed too.

super :D
it would be great to also add support for amiibo images download, but this is only a humble idea ;)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
understandable ;)
so maybe as optional choice ?
I guess i could make a simple gui with IMGUI for preview and single amiibo selection. The code that is now on github is rewritten and easy to port. But i wont do that today
Post automatically merged:

@xFlesk New release. Allows you to download the images but without gui.

Last edited by Slluxx,

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is more then enough, thank you very much :D

the reason why i asked for images download its because emuiibo ovl plugin supports images display

emuiibo.png

unfortunetly, the downloaded images are big (some of them are even to big to display), because of that emuiibo amiibo list works pretty slow :/ the only way to fix this is to resize the images, but i think its beyond the programme's capacity ;)

i have prepared the package with all the graphics which works very well with emuiibo. i can upload if neccesary.

PS
the latest app hangs out when reaching the 800 amuiibo

Last edited by xFlesk,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

the reason why i asked for images download its because emuiibo ovl plugin supports images display

View attachment 333551

unfortunetly, the downloaded images are big (some of them are even to big to display), because of that emuiibo amiibo list works pretty slow :/ the only way to fix this is to resize the images, but i think its beyond the programme's capacity ;)

i have prepared the package with all the graphics which works very well with emuiibo. i can upload if neccesary.

PS

Then you probably got an old version. The issues with 800 (819 to be precise), is that the yu-gi-oh amiibo names have unicode escaped letters in them (probably kanji), which cant be displayed by the switch. Try the latest version again and tell me if you still have the issue. (just tested it, see attatchment).

unfortunetly, the downloaded images are big (some of them are even to big to display)
I feel like this is an issue with emuiibo / the overlay. Emutool also just downloads them and places them in the same folder (here's the code) and i am doing the exact same. I can build in image resizing but i dont know what the dimensions should be or need to be. Thus XorTroll should fix the overlay to display them correctly (or fix emutool and then i fix amiibogenerator).

On a seperate note: AmiiboGenerator is now available on the Homebrew App Store for easy download!

Attachments

• 2022102420451100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2022102420451100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by Slluxx,

mew2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

View attachment 333551

PS
Could you please upload the package with the resized images? Thank you so much.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe image resizing is a feature for the future of this great app? I think resizing (like in batch conversion) would be possible. I just don't know the pixel size the amiibos should have to be displayed properly on switch.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe image resizing is a feature for the future of this great app? I think resizing (like in batch conversion) would be possible. I just don't know the pixel size the amiibos should have to be displayed properly on switch.
Like I said, that's an issue with the overlay, since emutool does the exact same. I can add resizing pretty easily (if stb_img library supports PNG), however it will add more time till it's done and it's really outside of this scope. If XOR is against updating the code, I'll think about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters +1