Homebrew Question emulator ps1\ps2\ps3 is possible on switch?

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just ignore Retroboy. He his pretty well know for being impossible to reason with. Don't waste your time with him.

Back to the topic :
-PS1 : Surely possible
-PS2 : should be but won't be simple to port I think and would require some optimisation
-PS3 : ...Tbh, I'm pretty curious of that one. Or course it won't be possible, the Switch being far powerfull enough for it (heck, even high ends PC's have trouble iirc), but I wonder if it could run it at 1FPM, with bug and bé unplayable, but still "run" it. Just for POC purpose and curiosity :P but even then it would be really buggy and unplayable :lol:

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore Retroboy. He his pretty well know for being impossible to reason with. Don't waste your time with him.

Back to the topic :
-PS1 : Surely possible
-PS2 : should be but won't be simple to port I think and would require some optimisation
-PS3 : ...Tbh, I'm pretty curious of that one. Or course it won't be possible, the Switch being far powerfull enough for it (heck, even high ends PC's have trouble iirc), but I wonder if it could run it at 1FPM, with bug and bé unplayable, but still "run" it. Just for POC purpose and curiosity :P but even then it would be really buggy and unplayable :lol:
retroboy just ignores me... But yeah I think that even if ps3 runs like ass, it would be cool as a POC

Reactions: Flirkyn

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, hey, if you want overheating and 45 minutes of play/charge, in handheld mode, then go right ahead.
They could have made it with the new tegra in a reduced feature or lower core count + lower frequency to be equivalent in power consumption to the old X1 and specially something in 10nm would have been epic ;).

Even a snapdragon 835 with a bit of OC would beat the old Nvidia tegra chip (though would be missing nvidia cuda cores and some other nvidia great software).

I have seen phones at like 380$ with snapdragon 835, and at least the CPU is way more powerful than the one used in the old Tegra X1 SOC.

I think Nintendo would have managed to keep a good price with a overcloked 835, specially because its a console, they make their money in software, not hardware, I mean who would pay 10 - 20€ for old games like from the 80's, 90's like I saw on the 3DS for an android device...

ps: And people are thinking a new revision of Switch will probably come later like the new 3DS and with an improved tegra, I hope that happens, more power for emulators and games :)

Last edited by guily6669,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@BORTZ WTF has half of this topic even got to do with emulation! I see a hell of alot of troll raging about the same old 3rd party shite that we've all read a million times before over the last 8 months.

Please people don't respond to retroboy, it just gives him an excuse to write his anti Nintendo rant yet again, before returning to his Vita forums ironically.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BORTZ WTF has half of this topic even got to do with emulation! I see a hell of alot of troll raging about the same old 3rd party shite that we've all read a million times before over the last 8 months.

Please people don't respond to retroboy, it just gives him an excuse to write his anti Nintendo rant yet again, before returning to his Vita forums ironically.
I have to learn not to reply to that kind of person. I apologize.

Thanks man!

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to learn not to reply to that kind of person. I apologize.

Thanks man!
We've all been there ;) it will always just be twisted into his anti Nintendo/fanboy/3rd party rantathon so there really is absolutely no point engaging him on Nintendo forums.

He's strangely more appoachable on the playstation/vita forums though, hmm, I wonder why that is...

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd imagine it'd overheat... Maybe at most it'll have like... 2fpm (maybe not but whatever! It also kinda reminds me of the saturn poc for vita retroarch)
Guys, be realistic.

I think it would run 2D games at 5-10 fps and 3D games at 1-3 fps.

Overheating isn't possible due to throttling.

Reactions: Flirkyn

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Don't tag staff for stuff like this, just report the offending posts (or the start of the chain of offending posts) and let any active mod take care of it instead.
I'll go through it all right now.

Reactions: DarthDub

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, be realistic.

I think it would run 2D games at 5-10 fps and 3D games at 1-3 fps.

Overheating isn't possible due to throttling.
Maybe. I'm not an expert about console architecture but I find the Idea interesting. But I'll guess we will never get a POC since it would be unplayable in any case ahah :)

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think a system with 256MB of RAM wouldn't be so hard to emulate.

On another point how is PSP emulation looking, not because I like sony, but because I want to play Project DIVA PSP at 60fps

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Think of anything the Nvidia shield console or google pixel tablet C can emulate and then reduce its performance by 40% or so. Voila, the answer on what the shield could emulate (if it is hacked wide open which may take quite a while) :-) Hardware on Switch is basically underclocked Tegra X1 system.

Reactions: nmkd

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gets hacked and we could OC it, would be pretty awesome. I would PM a guy from other forum to make me a custom full copper triple the size of the original cooler and cut the back cover a bit.

It was nice too if we could trigger the console into docked stat + OC, I would make a 15v portable charging station with batteries for it with my 6000mah nano type RC lipos.

Ps: can't wait for the console to get hacked :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON