Homebrew Question emulator ps1\ps2\ps3 is possible on switch?

D

Deleted User

PS3 could work

Remember the starts of PSP emulation the first working emulator was jpcsp it was slow laggy and buggy even on the best pcs
Way later ppsspp born and now we're able to play PSP on crappy smart phones and pcs

So a ps3 emulator for switch is possible in the future
The PS3 is a different kind of beast. We barely got PS3 Emulation running on PC´s.

Reactions: nmkd

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 could work

Remember the starts of PSP emulation the first working emulator was jpcsp it was slow laggy and buggy even on the best pcs
Way later ppsspp born and now we're able to play PSP on crappy smart phones and pcs

So a ps3 emulator for switch is possible in the future
Even if Sony worked with Nintendo they wouldn't probably be able to emulate the PS3, I mean imagine emulating the complicated CELL CPU on the switch already crap CPU...

I bet even a 2D PS3 game would run at like 1fps.

You are emulating a whole completely different console hardware with all it's most important components via software.

Even PS4 don't seem to emulate PS3, they have to make remakes of the games, however I think Sony would be able to emulate it on the PS4, but even them would have to put a lot of money into that.

Ps: and now imagine engineers and best devs that have no time and have lot of projects putting thousands of hours to even try something like that which won't even work... Even PS2 to run all games at full performance would require a huge amount of hours and optimisations.

Last edited by guily6669,

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I CLEARLY STATED, WHICH IS FACT, ALL CONSOLE PORTS OF EMULATORS ARE BASED OFF THE PC VERSION....... THAT IS A FUCKING FACT.

i never said ALL emulators are ported off the PC did i.
You kinda did say all emulators are ported off the PC...

But I do kinda see what you mean... the only plausible ps2 emulator is PCSX2 Which runs iffy on high end computers (depending on the game... hell p3 fes and p4 run 60 fps when my 1.5 ghz cpu doesn't throttle) So the only ps2 emulator on switch would have to be built from the ground up or ported from PCSX2

(Sorry if i stirred up old drama... I just wanted to state my opinion...)

Last edited by YeezusWalks,
Reactions: machinoman

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would say that the Tegra 16 is a nice platform to develop for, but I still don't think PS3 has much hope on the portable Nintendo table. I suggest heading over to the PC or just buying a PS3 if you want that.
I wish is that Nintendo would have come with the new Nvidia tegra Volta based, it would be so cool and make the portable console to be more like a Xone portable.

Smartphones are mostly being made at 10nm at this point in time.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish is that Nintendo would have come with the new Nvidia tegra Volta based, it would be so cool and make the portable console to be more like a Xone portable.

I mean, hey, if you want overheating and 45 minutes of play/charge, in handheld mode, then go right ahead.

Reactions: TimX24968B and nmkd

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Shield TV Has Metal Gear Solid 2 HD that runs better than on PS3... But it isn't emulated either. I would imagine whatever the Shield TV Can run (PS1, some PS2 Gamecube, Saturn, Dreamcast, higher end MAME, PSP) The Switch should THEORETICALLY be able to run the same thing. Of course OS/Syscalls are different, like some games running better in Windows than Linux for some games on the same hardware... But THEORETICALLY should be able

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Wii U in third-party games released for Xbox 360 and PS3 destroys both of them, so the Wii U is more powerful than both of them.
The Switch is capable of Mario Kart 8 in 1080p, and the Wii U only 720p, BOTW on Switch 900p, on Wii U 720p and worse framerate, Pokken also is better on Switch.

So, if the Wii U can do more than PS3 and 360, and the Switch can do more a lot more than the Wii U, then the Switch is more powerful than both the PS3 and 360.
Multiplatform games on the Wii u normally run worse than the xbox 360 counterpart because of the slow cpu, even the devs of metro 2033 says it was too weak for that game, 7 gen games on the switch iirc normally run at double the Frame rate but current gen games running at 60fps struggle to run on the switch at steady 30fps, even la noire runs better on the ps3 than the switch because it was developed with the quirkiness of the ps3 cpu. At least it has a good gpu powerful enough to run those game at 1080p in docked mode, that being said I don't see any evidence that the switch has a weaker processor than the xbox 360, is good for a portable system but not enough for a current 30 fps game

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mods, fair point, fair point indeed. Thanks. I appreciate ya. I need to reel it in. A lot. Just tired of ignorance and misinformation being spread around as fact. It confuses everyone.
there is no miss information here, just you seem to have the impression the switch will emulate better than i myself and others had stated.

i mean i did say repeatidly if said emulation was possible, likely that pcsx2 will be ported.

looking at the switch itself, it could run some commercial games, but to not expect overall high performance and compatibility.

reasons to back this arguement with FACTS is that even HIGH END PCs struggle with a high number of games.

you do know that the switch is FAR INFERIOR to that of a high end PC, question you need to ask, if you still refuse to admit t facts is...... why are android and iOS still lacking PS2 emualtors with great compatibility but to keep it close to home, look at the nvidia sheild that is pretty much identical and strugles to run a lot of games at what is aplayable speed.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Volta chips are $1000 and mainly for AI, not gaming.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are android and iOS still lacking PS2 emualtors with great compatibility but to keep it close to home, look at the nvidia sheild that is pretty much identical and strugles to run a lot of games at what is aplayable speed.

Well the only emulator I know so far is really far behind in development. I tried running the same emulator on windows and it was still slow as hell, not far off from my phone. Tried the game with pcsx2 and I got fullspeed
So far I have tested one game on my phone which was Kingdom Hearts, main menu ran at a solid 55-60fps while other parts ran at 3-5fps. In game moving my character was about 12-16 fps. With further development to the emulator its possible we could see better performance (although probably not playable) on Android especially since the snapdragon 835 handles some GameCube/wii games near to full speed.

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
none of them are opinions when its fact, just not a fact a fan wants to believe.

if its an opinion then tell me the below:
Wii wasnt a recycled cube with a gimmick to make it sound better
Wii had the same AAA third party titles the other systems were getting
Wii u wasnt another last gen revamp using another gimmick to make it sound better
Wii U had last gen ports that the Wii failed to get at the same time as the other systems
Wii U support was practically dropped shortly after it launched
Wii U sales were very poor, as with support it was practically DOA

Since the CUBE nintendo started lossing its grip on the console market, the CUBE was the last time it had somewhat third party support but started lacking, CUBE was the start of nintendo's financial problems hence selling its major game studio, RARE to MS.

Now Nintendo are facing worse times following the Wii U and want to ensure its next console does better.

Now tell me how its an opinion that they copied off the Morphus X300 to merge both home console and portable console markets into one...... this is not an opinion because this is exactly what they did.

reasoning behind this is the hope of replacing 3DS customer base to move to the switch, and then those of the home console to the switch also and combining both sectors in to one will hopefully provide higher sales.

that is not an opinion that is exactly what they did.

now go back to its launch, here again is not opinion this is directly quoting what nintendo said and keep saying.

they report the switch as being nintendos most successful console launch...... comparing to the Wii U..... yes i see the logic here comparing new console sales to a DOA console.

but if you have the ability to check this for yourself, you will see the flaw, comparing switch sales to just the Wii U..... erm hello nintendo do you remember combining both markets into one.

So why are you not including 3DS sales and Wii u of same period....... if they did which is FACT during its first launch months this sale figure was not including the 3DS, if it did the figures would show that the switch is not out selling Wii U + 3DS during same period.

plus can we remind our self how many times have we heard nintendo promise it will do better to improve third party support....... theyve said it every time they release a new console.

its all BS, third party support ends because it doesnt bring in enough return for them because its costing them more to port its current games to nintendo's inferior hardware, so why do you think its always OLD games that nintendo did not get first time round that gets ported.

again that is not opinion, if so, find me majority of X360/PS3 games that came to the Wii U...... find majority of PS4/XBX1 games that are penned to launch same time also on Switch....... hmmmm Im not seeing any, other than old ports.

And find me said game on PS4/XBX1/Switch where the switch version doesnt cost more.

again, not opinion, these are actual facts but we all know that nintendo fans refuse to see them.

as a gamer ive seen it over and over and over and to me it doesnt justify paying near £300 for a new console just to play the same old nintendo titles that theyve released on every single console before it, yea they may come up with a new title now and then but its not exactly ground breaking (maybe to the fans) but it caters only for young kids, games that are cartoonish and bright colours.

and before you try counter with well its not all about fps shooters, blood guts blah blah...... erm how many nintendo fans are getting excited to play erm 6 year old LA NIORE, how many are getting exited for a poor expensive port of DOOM, how many are getting excited for the OLD INFERIOR/EXPENSIVE skyrim port.

ohh yea thats right, these old games we already played years ago on sony/ms consoles.

and another example to prove said point that people are deluded when it comes to nintendo is when you reply to this thread saying yes if a ps2 emulator is ported it could run ps2 isos but it would play very few at full speed, most games will be slow...... because its the same even on high end pcs.

yet a fanboy has to come to nintendo's defence claiming to know it all about emulation and calling everyone who states how the current emulation scene is now, yes it plays games, but alot now are playable but depends on hardware, the switch is far inferior to a power built pc, so do not expect good speeds on majority of ps2 isos.
Neither Skyrim nor LA Noire or DOOM were ever playable on a handheld.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme