evertonstz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT AGAIN: problem not solved actually, I'm open to sugestions

-----------------------------
SOLVED (NOT ACTUALLY): be aware, the guide has wrong information in the dd part:

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd-# seek=29854 bs=1M count=1 status=progress
the seek part should only be 29854 if your SD card is 32GiBs, for any other SD size you have to insert the last sector, you can see the last sector in your last partition.
--------------------------------------------
original post:

I've followed this guide for linux: https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/linux

Basically: created two partitions, one fat32 that's about 512MiB and the rest of the cart was also fat32 and zeroed the zones as explained in the link. The problem: the SD space in the console shows 425MiB (I suppose this is the partition I've created), and the internal memory shows only 25GiB, my SD is 128GiB, so it should be around that. Any ideas?

On my PC the partition's space is shown 118,68 GiB, so I know it was formated correctly.

Last edited by evertonstz,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've followed this guide for linux: https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/linux

Basically: created two partitions, one fat32 that's about 512MiB and the rest of the cart was also fat32 and zeroed the zones as explained in the link. The problem: the SD space in the console shows 425MiB (I suppose this is the partition I've created), and the internal memory shows only 25GiB, my SD is 128GiB, so it should be around that. Any ideas?

On my PC the partition's space is shown 118,68 GiB, so I know it was formated correctly.
Why do you want to partition the entire card as emuNAND? There is no point to doing this. 512MB is very little space and you may want to put some emulators and ROMs on there or something, which can only load from the SD.
Hekate AFAIK just flashes the NAND raw data to the partition, if the partition is bigger it won't automatically resize the NAND, you have to do that manually.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

evertonstz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do you want to partition the entire card as emuNAND? There is no point to doing this. 512MB is very little space and you may want to put some emulators and ROMs on there or something, which can only load from the SD.
Hekate AFAIK just flashes the NAND raw data to the partition, if the partition is bigger it won't automatically resize the NAND, you have to do that manually.
I'm just following the guide, tbh. Btw, tought I had solved the problem, but it's not solved, do you have any other guide for emuNAND? I literally got the console today and this is tbh quite confusing.
Where I can resize the NAND?

Last edited by evertonstz,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm just following the guide, tbh. Btw, tought I had solved the problem, but it's not solved, do you have any other guide for emuNAND? I literally got the console today and this is tbh quite confusing.
Where I can resize the NAND?
The guide is a bit poorly explained. You should set "Free space following" to 29856 on the first partition. Don't change the size, let it fill up the rest of the card. And the second partition should be size 29856.

evertonstz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The guide is a bit poorly explained. You should set "Free space following" to 29856 on the first partition. Don't change the size, let it fill up the rest of the card. And the second partition should be size 29856.
Now I'm more confused. What you told me gave me two partitios: sdb1 with 90 GiB and sdb2 with 29,16GiB. I suppose sdb2 will be the emuNAND and shown in the system as Internal Memory and sdb1 will be shown by the system as SD, right?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You followed the guide wrong. In GParted you were supposed to put 29856 in "Free Space Following."

Following that guide puts the EmuMMC at the END of the SD card. Alternatively, you can put it at the beginning instead. I prefer it that way, to me it's easier to work with if you later decide to upgrade your SD card.

For more info, you could check out this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emummc-setup-win-linux-quadboot.541152/page-4#post-8682981

Basically, I create my ~30gb partition at the beginning of the SD card, and then a second partition covering the rest of the sd card. In this case, you'd take a NAND backup made by Hekate, and DD it over your sdb1. Afterwards, to prevent the Switch from trying to mount sdb1 as a FAT32 partition, potentially corrupting your emuMMC, simply delete the partition. The data will stay there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You followed the guide wrong. In GParted you were supposed to put 29856 in "Free Space Following."

Following that guide puts the EmuMMC at the END of the SD card. Alternatively, you can put it at the beginning instead. I prefer it that way, to me it's easier to work with if you later decide to upgrade your SD card.

For more info, you could check out this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emummc-setup-win-linux-quadboot.541152/page-4#post-8682981

Basically, I create my ~30gb partition at the beginning of the SD card, and then a second partition covering the rest of the sd card. In this case, you'd take a NAND backup made by Hekate, and DD it over your sdb1. Afterwards, to prevent the Switch from trying to mount sdb1 as a FAT32 partition, potentially corrupting your emuMMC, simply delete the partition. The data will stay there.
A possibly better (at least easier) way to do it if you want to have the partition at the beginning is to just use SX OS to format the emuNAND, then the emuNAND will be at the beginning and in SX OS compatible format (but still detected by Hekate and usable just fine with Atmosphere)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Penischu, I choose you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol