Trantor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys, :)
I have a really crazy problem and I don't know what to do. I have mi Nintendo Switch hacked with atmosphere 1.3.2 and hekate 5.8.0. Everything went fine until yesterday, when I installed Lakka 4.2. Everything was running great with the ""dual boot"" and I even restarted the switch a couple of time to test how to jump from one boot to another.

BUT...i dont know what happened the last time i rebooted the switch from Lakka while pressing volume+ to go to hekate. Suddenly some yellow text appeared saying "missing lp0 sleep lib Missing or old Minerva library! update your bootloader folder! press any key...". So I turned off the switch and hook up the SD card to the computer and this is what the file manager shows:

Screenshot 2022-10-17 114028.png
Screenshot 2022-10-17 114051.png

As you can see we have 2 problems here:
1. Now the SD card shows 2 partitons, one in RAW, the other in FAT32, can't access the RAW as expected. Never happened me before, so im not completly sure if this is normal.
2. Do you see something strange on the USB F: right? 99% of the installation is gone, atmosphere folder, Retroarch, Lakka, payloads, savefiles (from retroarch, my sister is gonna kill me if I dont recover her Pokemon Black savefile). The only thing left (apart of what I show in the images) is the installed games/apps i had on the switch (F:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered).

I really hope you can help me, I have no idea of what happened or how to solve it. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: SOLVED!!! If someone needs help with a similar problem here is what I've done:

1. Find any recovery files program, like Recuva, Disk Drill or EaseUS. Don't need the full version if you're only looking for save files. Run ALL of them (I recommend 3 programs at least) one by one. All of them should find your save files but maybe they won't be able to fully recover them and won't be recognized by your emulator again. For me, only EaseUS recover them successfully.

2. Put your SD back to the Switch, launch RCM and inject Lockpick. Extract your prod.keys and title.keys as described here: https://github.com/dezem/Lockpick_RCM.

3. Insert the SD card back to the computer. Run NxNandManager > File > Open Drive and select your SD card. Go to tools > Dump RAWNAND and follow the steps. Close NxNandManager.

4. Format SD card completely, erase every partition. Use FAT32, with a 32K cluster. I used Rufus, but you can choose any other program.

5. Run again NxNandManager:
File > Open File > Select your RAWNAND.bin
Options > Configure Keyset > Import Keys from file > Select your prod.keys and title.keys
Tools > EmuNAND creation tool > select your SD card and follow the steps

You should have now 2 partitions on the SD card, one of them is the Emunand with your profiles, switch titles and savegames.

6. Reinstall Hekate, CFW, emulators, savegames, etc.

DISCLAIMER: I do not take responsibility for any lose data, corrupted SD card or EmuNAND or any other problems you can encounter during the recovery, this is what solved MY problem (and maybe can solve yours).

Last edited by Trantor,
  • Wow
Reactions: zxr750j

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, :)
I have a really crazy problem and I don't know what to do. I have mi Nintendo Switch hacked with atmosphere 1.3.2 and hekate 5.8.0. Everything went fine until yesterday, when I installed Lakka 4.2. Everything was running great with the ""dual boot"" and I even restarted the switch a couple of time to test how to jump from one boot to another.

BUT...i dont know what happened the last time i rebooted the switch from Lakka while pressing volume+ to go to hekate. Suddenly some yellow text appeared saying "missing lp0 sleep lib Missing or old Minerva library! update your bootloader folder! press any key...". So I turned off the switch and hook up the SD card to the computer and this is what the file manager shows:

View attachment 332333View attachment 332334

As you can see we have 2 problems here:
1. Now the SD card shows 2 partitons, one in RAW, the other in FAT32, can't access the RAW as expected. Never happened me before, so im not completly sure if this is normal.
2. Do you see something strange on the USB F: right? 99% of the installation is gone, atmosphere folder, Retroarch, Lakka, payloads, savefiles (from retroarch, my sister is gonna kill me if I dont recover her Pokemon Black savefile). The only thing left (apart of what I show in the images) is the installed games/apps i had on the switch (F:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered).

I really hope you can help me, I have no idea of what happend or how to solve it. Thank you for your time.

1. The two partitions is normal. One is FAT32 that you can access. The other should off to format (but make sure you don’t do that).
2. Not sure why your files disappeared. Could be corruption or possibly a fat finger.

Test for a bad sdcard with this:

• h2testw — test to determine if your SD Card is good or not.

Since you are on a hidden partition your game saves should be safe as they are written to that other partition you were noticing. Download NXNand manager and see if yiu can see a NAND on that card.

• NXNANDManagerBackup or restore any Switch's NAND plus a lot more

Ping back with your results and we’ll take it from there.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes, try nx nand manager to know what you wan see. A corruption of the entire partition seems strange, not lucky you are if it's it... For your sister, are you sure she didn't try anything with this sd card and the switch?

Trantor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi again guys,
I had to lock down my sister in her room to prevent any "accident" than can lead to my dead...:rofl2:

Let get serious, the h2testw report 0 errors, i expected it because its a month old SD card.

The NXNANDManager show this:
Screenshot 2022-10-17 141712.png

And I'm also sure it wasn't a fat finger situation, im very careful when i do all this stuff and i follow all the guides strictly.
I'm not sure what to do next, I would usually search how to use NXNANDManager and tinker with it but im afraid to fuck something up...

Yes, try nx nand manager to know what you wan see. A corruption of the entire partition seems strange, not lucky you are if it's it... For your sister, are you sure she didn't try anything with this sd card and the switch?
Yes im completly sure, she didn't touch it after installing Lakka and the only thing she does is play Switch Titles and melonDS; I don't let her tinker with any system files cause she have no idea on how to do anything related to hacking

Reactions: flowlapache

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again guys,
I had to lock down my sister in her room to prevent any "accident" than can lead to my dead...:rofl2:

Let get serious, the h2testw report 0 errors, i expected it because its a month old SD card.

The NXNANDManager show this:
View attachment 332346
And I'm also sure it wasn't a fat finger situation, im very careful when i do all this stuff and i follow all the guides strictly.
I'm not sure what to do next, I would usually search how to use NXNANDManager and tinker with it but im afraid to fuck something up...

Yes im completly sure, she didn't touch it after installing Lakka and the only thing she does is play Switch Titles and melonDS; I don't let her tinker with any system files cause she have no idea on how to do anything related to hacking

So you will need a copy of your system keys to browse the USER partition. The /saves directory is under there.

You can get the keys by injecting Lockpick_RCM (instead of Hekate or Fusee) and then dump your prod.keys to your sd card.

https://github.com/dezem/Lockpick_RCM

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly you won't beable to get back the pkmn black save since nds saves aren't stored in the user partition. You might be able to with some kind of recovery software but that's it

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly you won't beable to get back the pkmn black save since nds saves aren't stored in the user partition. You might be able to with some kind of recovery software but that's it
Didn’t even register that info. Crap.
…savefiles (from retroarch, my sister is gonna kill me if I dont recover her Pokemon Black savefile)…”
You’re screwed.

Maybe try this?

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk.

Trantor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is the situation:
I managed to recover the .sav files with Recurva and Disk Dri ll, but no luck, they are not recognized by the emulators so i'm trying to use another program.

Edit: not recognized by emulators or PokeGen.

So you will need a copy of your system keys to browse the USER partition. The /saves directory is under there.

You can get the keys by injecting Lockpick_RCM (instead of Hekate or Fusee) and then dump your prod.keys to your sd card.
I will do this next, will let you know about any updates.

same thing happened to me it ruined my sdcard I cant even format it fails every time
It also happened to you with lakka? did you try any formating tool apart from Windows itself?

Im so confused, I have no idea of what could had happened, I did nothing wrong (except for not doing bakcups before using lakka xd). The SD card is brand new, the CFW, Hekate and everything was working fine for the last month or so, what did I do wrong?

BTW, thank you very very much for your time, especially to binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the situation:
I managed to recover the .sav files with Recurva and Disk Dri ll, but no luck, they are not recognized by the emulators so i'm trying to use another program.

Edit: not recognized by emulators or PokeGen.

I will do this next, will let you know about any updates.

It also happened to you with lakka? did you try any formating tool apart from Windows itself?

Im so confused, I have no idea of what could had happened, I did nothing wrong (except for not doing bakcups before using lakka xd). The SD card is brand new, the CFW, Hekate and everything was working fine for the last month or so, what did I do wrong?

BTW, thank you very very much for your time, especially to binkinator
You bet man. Quick question. Was your SDCard on exfat or FAT32? Exfat drivers are inferior on Switch. Nintendo carefully works around it to make sure they aren’t writing to disk during key times to avoid corruption. Our homebrew apps (like LAKKA) are not aware of these tricks so it’s best to format your SDCard using FAT32 which is much more resilient. The issue is that Windows doesn’t natively format large disks under FAT32 so you have to use programs like rufus to format FAT32 w/ 32k block size. Just a guess on what might have gone wrong.

Trantor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You bet man. Quick question. Was your SDCard on exfat or FAT32? Exfat drivers are inferior on Switch. Nintendo carefully works around it to make sure they aren’t writing to disk during key times to avoid corruption. Our homebrew apps (like LAKKA) are not aware of these tricks so it’s best to format your SDCard using FAT32 which is much more resilient. The issue is that Windows doesn’t natively format large disks under FAT32 so you have to use programs like rufus to format FAT32 w/ 32k block size. Just a guess on what might have gone wrong.
It was formatted on FAT32 using rufus :rofl2: :rofl2:

Trantor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys! I have new updates!!!!
I was finally able to restore the .sav files !!:grog::grog: I had to use EaseUS Disk Recovery, neither Recurva or Disk Drill were suitable for the job because i couldn't load the saves into any emulator. Sadly, as EaseUS is a freemium app i could only restore 500mb of files, so I have to redo everything again :(

Screenshot 2022-10-18 200017.png

The backup of the emuNAND seems succesfull, but I have to wait until everything is set up again to confirm it. I will update my first post with all the steps in case someone need it (im looking at you @cloudxddd hahaha).

Thank you very much guys, it's a pleasure to have people like you in the community!!! Have a great day!

Post automatically merged:

You can pkhex the shit out of a pokemon black save file, i'll make a nice one for her if you like, maybe she'll only castrate you...
I mean, it's an option but i hope to have kids in the future:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network?
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1