Homebrew Error Code 002-0119

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>same end result
Last time I checked menuhax doesn't give you brick protection, 100% boot rate, or updated SysNAND CFW.

And Menuhax DOESN'T work. It fails randomly.

GET THIS - there are even people - now please make sure you're sitting down and have swallowed any liquid you might be drinking - who happily chose to stay in user land without CFW, without eshop access/online play without an emunand, without any need for brick recovery tools who see the odd menuhax boot failure as a bonus because it allows the 3D bootscreen to be admired for as long as you want.

Some people might also never want to risk modifying a migrated launch day nand regardless of how idiot-proof the guide is and think about maybe buying another console for the A9LH mod if they ever stumble upon a cheap one... but probably won't because none of the many benefits appeal to them enough to set aside precious downtime to install it.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GET THIS - there are even people - now please make sure you're sitting down and have swallowed any liquid you might be drinking - who happily chose to stay in user land without CFW, without eshop access/online play without an emunand, without any need for brick recovery tools who see the odd menuhax boot failure as a bonus because it allows the 3D bootscreen to be admired for as long as you want.

Some people might also never want to risk modifying a migrated launch day nand regardless of how idiot-proof the guide is and think about maybe buying another console for the A9LH mod if they ever stumble upon a cheap one... but probably won't because none of the many benefits appeal to them enough to set aside precious downtime to install it.
my friend is one of those people that just uses menuhax and is still on 10.5. People don't take lightly when you tell them that you can downgrade their 3ds and trying to explain the whole scene to them and that there is a potential risk in downgrading when they don't even know what the word "nand" means (and if they are broke that factors in too). However, with my other friend who has a n3ds now, he is more willing to downgrade his old one (and that one is kinda broken :/)

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of these people. Are they your imaginary friends?
I don't know why a "launch day nand" would matter, but if they're not installing A9LH for very specific/technical purposes, then I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with is bricking paranoia, and rationalizing with things like "menuhax wurx fien 4 me" "dont fix wut aint broke" and other crap.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why a "launch day nand" would matter, but if they're not installing A9LH for very specific/technical purposes, then I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with is bricking paranoia, and rationalizing with things like "menuhax wurx fien 4 me" "dont fix wut aint broke" and other crap.
I especially find this amusing since you downgrade EMUNAND during the guide and just flash it to SysNand...
I feel like the downgrading makes most people tense (remember SafeSys? gud tEMs)

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you really believe its that much of an issue not having everyone conform to your ways, why don't you go out and put A9LH on every 3ds because i'm sure with your attitude you must be that compelled to have everyone using it at this point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, kind of off topic but in terms of downgrading since everyone is talking about A9LH and we derailed the heck out of this thread, which updater is the most reliable on 10.7 (for my friend)? (I already have valid 9.2 firmware files, and I haven't downgraded since 10.2)

Last edited by TimX24968B,
Reactions: dimmidice

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I'm talking specifically about myself and yes - to a lesser degree about my few 3DS-owning friends who like me were overjoyed that it's so easy to play some amazing retro emulator action on such a suitable device. For all of us this alone breathed new life into a console that was either gathering dust, forgotten about - or in my case was bought specifically as a Sega 3D Classics player.

What I find curious is righteous judgement about paranoid peasants. It's amusing and becoming a meme like the fortune teller responding to the 'will [patched exploit] ever be available again' question. I feel like king of the world with most of my 64gb card space being occupied with retro games of my dreams because, you know, that's what floats my (and my equally old and sentimental) friends boats.

I know you're just trying to be helpful and I'm sure every day people discover Plailect's brilliant guide thanks to your efforts but for my (and my small gaming friends) needs it isn't relevant.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am running 11.0.0 CakesFW a9lh and i am not receiving any error from any game. this is probably a problem with luma 3ds
Never had that issue with RXtools either

Well, yeah, it's already been pointed out what the issue is, and how to fix it, literally on the first page of this thread...

Most likely just need an updated release of Luma with this commit in it: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/03dc4fc425dd3d26faa1d38436454760412f8a89

Testing with the latest nightly, online works fine.

merbiyatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello bumping this thread seeking for some help. im trying to play online but im getting the same code. im not sure if iam the on the latest version of the cfw (because this was just done by a friend) but iam on the latest version of the 3ds. anyways. where do i go from here. this is the method used for the luma3ds
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hello bumping this thread seeking for some help. im trying to play online but im getting the same code. im not sure if iam the on the latest version of the cfw (because this was just done by a friend) but iam on the latest version of the 3ds. anyways. where do i go from here. this is the method used for the luma3ds
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Update Luma to the latest version from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/ or use LumaUpdater or StarUpdater to auto-update.
Depending on when you followed the guide, you might already have LumaUpdater installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments