OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
WTF? why are -1 posts are allowed? that's just stupid
I really think you shouldn't allow that, the point of the game is to let people raise points, besides no one but him made a -1 post

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
OmerMe said:
I really think you shouldn't allow that, the point of the game is to let people raise points, besides no one but him made a -1 post

Right, I think -1 posts are just useless.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmerMe said:
1. It's not a game, it's a list of opinions.
2. It's his opinion and just because it doesn't match with everyone else's opinions, doesn't mean it needs to be discarded.
3. -1 votes for:
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Now he's not the only one that did -1 votes.

When you make a thread asking for what people think, you're going to get objective opinions. That is the truth, and the only one to blame is the op for making this list of opinions.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Keep Tropicana's post, but make a new rule on the limit of -1s you can do.

Yeah, I'll most likely limit the -1 rule to 5 or something, but I really don't feel comfortable keeping the rule, so I'll recount everything and update the topic with the new posts coming in. I'd really like to have just a library and if there happens to be too many essential or recommended series I'll just create a new category or raise the # of votes needed. Sorry everyone for the inconvenience.
frown.gif

*NEW* The -1 rule no longer applies in this essentials list.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
-1 to all of these

Yotsuba&!
Neon Genesis Evangelion
NHK ni Yokoso
Full Metal Alchemist
Slam dunk
Rozen Maiden

Shakraka said:
2. It's his opinion and just because it doesn't match with everyone else's opinions, doesn't mean it needs to be discarded.

How delightfully hypocritical. His opinions shouldn't be discarded yet he clearly denounces everyone elses.
Brilliant logic right there.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Shakraka said:

How delightfully hypocritical. His opinions shouldn't be discarded yet he clearly denounces everyone elses.
So that brings me back to square one, is his opinion invalid because he thinks other people's opinions are invalid? His opinion is that everything that he put a -1 vote for is what he thinks doesn't belong on the list, the very same list that was made to listen to everyone's opinion, not just the majority.

Instead of getting rid of a certain manga from the list entirely, the OP should leave the votes at (0) to show that a person(s) suggested it, but another person(s) doesn't agree with the vote(s) for that manga.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
Everything I've listed here, will get a -1.
Ichigo 100%
u sir, have just lost my respect. who the fuck do you think you are doing -1 posts? what a bullshit elitist way of thinking. u remind me of my friend who refuses to watch ANYTHING mainstream. i know a lot of mainstream is bad *cough* bleach, but simply not watching it because of that, is pretty fuckin stupid.

assuming you've read all the manga u've "-1" (which u prob have), i still don't see why u can just cancel out someone else's previous suggestion.

[/rant]

EDIT: o and err

Deathnote
Liar's game
Suzuka
DNAngel
Full metal panic
Naruto (yeah i went there)
Blue Heaven
Shamo
I's

that's all i can remb for now

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One PIece

Great Teacher Onizuka

God those were great MangA!

A VERY rare Manga to find that's amazing is called "IO"

It's about scuba diving and little girls, it's crazy!
ohmy.gif
!1

Found it on OneManga though :wtf: http://www.onemanga.com/IO/ (To prove it exists)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Shakraka said:
Xcalibur said:
Shakraka said:

So that brings me back to square one, is his opinion invalid because he thinks other people's opinions are invalid? His opinion is that everything that he put a -1 vote for is what he thinks doesn't belong on the list, the very same list that was made to listen to everyone's opinion, not just the majority.

Instead of getting rid of a certain manga from the list entirely, the OP should leave the votes at (0) to show that a person(s) suggested it, but another person(s) doesn't agree with the vote(s) for that manga.

This is an essentials topic. A topic where you post your essentials. True, there is nothing in the rules about -1 posts, but that goes against the entire point of this thread. When voting on a ameshow, you're not given the option to vote for your favourite contestant. You're not supposed to vote everyone else down. Thats a retarded way of doing things.

Tropicana can fuck off with his bullshit elitist and possibly trolly comment. I can tell his post is intentionally flame-inducing because all he did was copypaste everything in the list and gave it a -1.

Consider it successfull if it was. I fucking raged.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm time to refresh my memory of favorite mangas

Elfen Lied
Trigun
Trigun Maximum
D. Gray Man
Full Metal Alchemist
Slam Dunk