Gaming [Essentials] PlayStation 4 games

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that the PS5 version is the exact same game as the PS4 version, the only difference is faster loading, that's it. And this is not a game like Crash 4 were it loads loads and loads in the PS4. They are basically charging you 30 dollars for a game you could already play by 4 dollars in the same console to save you microseconds.

Some of us prefer to have the PS5 version, I never buy any PS4 version of a game that also have a PS5 version, God of War Ragnorak PS4 version files is actually larger than PS5 version.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us prefer to have the PS5 version, I never buy any PS4 version of a game that also have a PS5 version, God of War Ragnorak PS4 version files is actually larger than PS5 version.
same for me. I always buy the ps5 version if given a choice. I don't have the equipment to see 4K or anything, but I do like the near instant loading times. I think that's what the ps5/series s and x are about.

Reactions: Hayato213

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Again, there is no graphical upgrade, no sound upgrade, in this particular game you save microseconds. You are paying 26 dollars more to go like 10% faster.

Also this is a PS4 thread so we should stop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, there is no graphical upgrade, no sound upgrade, in this particular game you save microseconds. You are paying 26 dollars more to go like 10% faster.

who cares? I didn't buy the ps5 version, I have a retail ps4 version. I don't know why they did what they did, but you act as though we're responsible. have you even played the game?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The difference is $10 bucks not $26, for example God of War Ragnorak there is no free upgrade for the PS4 version for people that buy the PS4 version, also the PS4 version is stuck at 30 FPS, so for people that wants 60 fps they are out of luck, plus the size of the game is larger than the PS5 version, it make sense for Horizon Forbidden West to get the PS4 version since there was the free upgrade.

Your statement of "What hurts is that the PS5 version is the exact same game and the PS5 can run like 98% of PS4 games so really there in no reason whatsoever to get the PS5 version."

That is completely untrue, ain't the same,ps5 versions includes tons of graphical improvements, dualsense features, and fps increase

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference is $10 bucks not $26, for example God of War Ragnorak there is no free upgrade for the PS4 version for people that buy the PS4 version, also the PS4 version is stuck at 30 FPS, so for people that wants 60 fps they are out of luck, plus the size of the game is larger than the PS5 version, it make sense for Horizon Forbidden West to get the PS4 version since there was the free upgrade.

Your statement of "What hurts is that the PS5 version is the exact same game and the PS5 can run like 98% of PS4 games so really there in no reason whatsoever to get the PS5 version."

That is completely untrue, ain't the same,ps5 versions includes tons of graphical improvements, dualsense features, and fps increase
there's a $10 upgrade? if so, I'd just go ahead and buy it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf, man?? I even say it in your quote, quoting me. it's not my fault that they decided to get greedy or why this is even happening like a year later or whenever the game was released originally.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people actually read things?

I was talking about how PS5 marsupilami charges you more money to run 10% faster not about God of War.

Again this is PS4 thread not PS5.

It is because you are wrong about PS4 version of a game is the same as a PS5 version. And I don't care if it is a PS4 thread.

Reactions: godreborn

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It is because you are wrong about PS4 version of a game is the same as a PS5 version. And I don't care if it is a PS4 thread.

I was talking about a specific game were yes that is the case since the only upgrade is in speed and you talked about a DIFFERENT game when I was talking about a SPECIFIC game that's not the one you mentioned.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this has gotten oddly off track.

Bringing it back to a list of games and not a pointless argument, here's mine:

Bloodborne
Gravity Rush: Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Shadow of the Colossus

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so angry???
unfortunately, afaik, it was supposed to be a free upgrade for marsupilami. I sent the devs a message about why they're not honoring it, and they have yet to send me one back. upon platinum'ing the game, I can say it's one of the best platformers I've ever played, and my favorite genre is platformers, so that's quite the statement. :D

amusingmuse22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well this has gotten oddly off track.

Bringing it back to a list of games and not a pointless argument, here's mine:

Bloodborne
Gravity Rush: Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Shadow of the Colossus
Mine top5:
5. The Witness
4. XCOM 2
3. Devil May Cry V
2. Darkest Dungeon
1. Bloodborne

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is a must. I'm loving it.
Post automatically merged:

Mine top5:
5. The Witness
4. XCOM 2
3. Devil May Cry V
2. Darkest Dungeon
1. Bloodborne
I git The Witness for free, don't remember how. It is an absolutely beautiful game which you just walk around? I don't mind that.

• Love
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7