Gaming [Essentials] PlayStation 4 games

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fist of the north Star: Lost paradise, don't understand players, so nice....
13 sentinels: Aegis rite
Seikiro
Odin's sphere
It takes two

Lenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
  • Bloodborne
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - TOP value
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • The Last of Us: Remastered

Others:

Reactions: hippy dave

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marsupilami (not sure if it's spelled correctly), but it has some great, creative stages. it's very satisfying to go through the stages with time trials, even if it takes several lives to do it. it's a dkc or mario type game, but you grab on to things with your tail. I think the ps4 version is on sale for like $4, while the ps5 version, just released recently, is $30.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
marsupilami (not sure if it's spelled correctly), but it has some great, creative stages. it's very satisfying to go through the stages with time trials, even if it takes several lives to do it. it's a dkc or mario type game, but you grab on to things with your tail. I think the ps4 version is on sale for like $4, while the ps5 version, just released recently, is $30.

That's because it was originally for the Sega Genesis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsupilami_(video_game)

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely felt like a DKC game. Awesome. :)

Reactions: godreborn

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I will keep trying to get gold with the time trials. sometimes I can do it just barely. the game is short as hell, but satisfying.

Is a Sega Genesis rom running in an emulator and they really charge 30 bucks for that in the PS5? Or this is a remake?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a remake of some sort. it was on sale for like $3 or $4 for the ps4, but it's now $30 for the ps5 version, which was just recent.

it's definitely not genesis quality.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What hurts is that the PS5 version is the exact same game and the PS5 can run like 98% of PS4 games so really there in no reason whatsoever to get the PS5 version.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's instant loading. if given a choice, I always choose the ps5 version. from the two main games I've played for the ps5 on the ps5, Ratchet and Clank as well as Tales of Arise, both had virtually no loading, unless you want to count milliseconds. I think that's what this next gen is supposed to be with those insane m2 devices.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pc might have issues (not sure). when I compiled the openorbis sdk for ps4 stuff, it took over an hour, when the guy claimed it took 5 minutes, so my computer is not that powerful. I prefer console gaming anyway. I do own the pc version of tales of symphonia, but I also have the game coming for the ps5.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
my pc might have issues (not sure). when I compiled the openorbis sdk for ps4 stuff, it took over an hour, when the guy claimed it took 5 minutes, so my computer is not that powerful. I prefer console gaming anyway. I do own the pc version of tales of symphonia, but I also have the game coming for the ps5.

My point is that the PS5 version is the exact same game as the PS4 version, the only difference is faster loading, that's it. And this is not a game like Crash 4 were it loads loads and loads in the PS4. They are basically charging you 30 dollars for a game you could already play by 4 dollars in the same console to save you microseconds.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like fun.

My point is that the PS5 version is the exact same game as the PS4 version, the only difference is faster loading, that's it. And this is not a game like Crash 4 were it loads loads and loads in the PS4. They are basically charging you 30 dollars for a game you could already play by 4 dollars in the same console to save you microseconds.
But you know, some microseconds here, some microseconds there, and they eventually add up to hours. /s
Also PS4 version in Europe sells right now at the same price as PS5 version: 40€.

The game is currently on sale on steam by ten bucks.

https://steamdb.info/app/1586700/
Damn, I want it for 4 dollars on my Steam Deck. :unsure:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not my fault. I don't know why they released a ps5 version in the first place. I'm using the disc, which I wish I could turn into a digital version, so I could toggle between that game and tales of zesteria. I'm starting to have the shakes again to where I have trouble putting a game in the disc slot. I have major problems with that and the switch, but now the ps4/5 is my main console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol