Gaming [Essentials] PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few suggestions for essential games, straight from the official discussion thread:

Retail games:
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Weapons...
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Unreal Tournament 3
- WarHawk

Online only:
- Tekken: Dark Resurrection Online Bundle
- Calling all cars
- Everyday Shooter
- Gran Turismo HD Concept

kthxbai

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uncharted and UT3 is whats making this winter SO awesome! So put them up there!
smile.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I was overseas for a couple weeks, list will be updated more frequently from now on
biggrin.gif

And the games I played during the break, I have to vote for Folklore and R&C as well (Gotta check if I already did ;P)

Edit: I'm looking forward to Haze and Yakuza 3, played the Japanese demo and the quality is good. Especially real-time cutscenes were astonishing quality, like how even veins of extras show properly and good voice acting + lip sync. But suddenly Miyamoto Musashi is a bummer...

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (so far ahead of most next gen games it aint even funny. It alone was worth the price of the PS3)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (had the Jap version for a while just got the english one and back into it again, best racer ever)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (waiting for a friend to finish with this, yeah I should buy my own, but its cheaper this way and I am not made of money, but from what little I have played and from what he says its defiantly worth a vote).

Resistance:Fall of Man (not a big fan of console shooters, but this game is great fun)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot (demo kicked all kinds of ass, ordered game last night and now I wait...

Mr.Burns%20of%20Japan.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Turmoil said:
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (so far ahead of most next gen games it aint even funny. It alone was worth the price of the PS3)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (had the Jap version for a while just got the english one and back into it again, best racer ever)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (waiting for a friend to finish with this, yeah I should buy my own, but its cheaper this way and I am not made of money, but from what little I have played and from what he says its defiantly worth a vote).

Resistance:Fall of Man (not a big fan of console shooters, but this game is great fun)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot (demo kicked all kinds of ass, ordered game last night and now I wait...

Mr.Burns%20of%20Japan.gif

Condemned 2 is multi-format ... so I, personally, wouldn't consider it for a list like this ... the other games you listed are great, though.

I also like Eye of Judgement.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
PSN:
Tekken 5 DR

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
If thats the case then:

Package Games:
Bladestorm (1) - gone 360
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1) - PC, 360, wireless
Folklore (Folks Soul) (3)
Heavenly Sword (2)
Madden NFL 07 (1) - all
Motor Storm (2)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (1) - lots
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (7)
Resistance:Fall of Man (2)
Ridge Racer 7 (1) - lots
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (4)
Unreal Tournament III (2) - PC 360
Warhawk (2) - does the 1996 PC game count...
Virtua Fighter 5 (1) - arcade, xbox

so all we are were left with are:

Folklore (Folks Soul) (3)
Heavenly Sword (2)
Motor Storm (2)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (7)
Resistance:Fall of Man (2)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (4)
Warhawk (2)

The other essentials list have crossover games, so I cant see why PS3 wouldn't either. I'm not going to go to a store and say I wont get this excellent game coz its on multi-platforms instead I will get this average PS3 only game (well unless I have both systems and its better suited to that system than this one, and if thats the case I would want it on the other systems essential list also).

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Fair enough, I see where your coming from, but then do all the non exclusive games get forgotten about?

Or does that mean we need some more essential lists like:

PC + Wii
or
360 + Arcade
or
PS3 + Xbox + Wireless + DS
and so on
laugh.gif

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd have to say going multiplatform doesn't make games any less appreciated.
I have to cast my vote to Disgaea 3 because I'm absolutely loving it. It's great now that Disgaea 1 is being ported to DS, more Disgaea fans!

Edit: I also cast a vote on DMC4.
I hated Condemned 2 because it's so dark and low fps (frames per second fps =P) made me sick.
Well anyway, I don't like voting multiplatform games because it can easily go into "But 360 version is better~~~", where most of that argument is based on GT videos which uses HDMI/AV cable for 360 and composite (Yes GT has used composite cable to record PS3 gameplay videos) / component of PS3 with full range RGB off.
It's amazing how easy it is to mutilate a video capture to make something look bad.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dreamcast is a better system at this poit than a PS3....seriously, when your "killer app" is a Blu-Ray player for what is supposed to be the next gen gaming console, you're in serious T R O U B L E(as a country song, whose name I can't remember at the moment says)...

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gblock247 said:
Dreamcast is a better system at this poit than a PS3....seriously, when your "killer app" is a Blu-Ray player for what is supposed to be the next gen gaming console, you're in serious T R O U B L E(as a country song, whose name I can't remember at the moment says)...

Off-topic. That post doesn't belong here, go to PS3 discussion thread instead.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
deathfisaro said:
gblock247 said:

Off-topic. That post doesn't belong here, go to PS3 discussion thread instead.

Not only that but it's pure fanboyish trash.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Another vote to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, this is probably the BEST adventure game I've ever played in my entire life, and it is definitely among my top 3 games of all time.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
+1 for each of the following:
Devil May Cry 4
Disgaea 3
Ridge Racer 7

Wonderful games, I'm gonna be spending a year in my uncle's house now...
frown.gif
Don't have my own PS3.

L

Lyuse

ZeWarriorReturns said:
Can I suggest we add GTA IV? I've been playing the hell out of this game and its damn great!

+1 for GTA IV

Also my PSN ID is Lyuse so add me when you got time would love to play against you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...