Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But it doesn't state that it's working on a modified switch.
It's intended to work on a unmodified switch, and it does.
I think @biggyd was arguing that the whole front of the box warns you that you need to download extra data to play this game.

It's somewhat questionable if this warning is enough for N/the publishers to get out of this problem legally.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Revard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a Nintendo Switch game, I have a genuine Nintendo Switch bought from Nintendo, it's an official console, I should be able to play.
But then the issue is not the game, it's the switch which is banned and not able to play those games.

Reactions: c80

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yea, and the point is, there is nothing legally binding Nintendo to give you that update. "Necessary Update" is far from "You own this Update"
What's the definition of "necessary" ?
But then the issue is not the game, it's the switch which is banned and not able to play those games.
Which is not normal
If it is the official unmodified console, why have you been banned?
Because I bought it from someone and the seller didn't tell me it was banned...

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the definition of "necessary" ?

Which is not normal

Because I bought it from someone and the seller didn't tell me it was banned...
"required to be done, achieved, or present; needed; essential"
"the basic requirements of life, such as food and warmth"
So they need to be "present" and are needed to function yes? but if you are banned then you cant have it? So you cant supply it for yourself.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't the eShop account basically personal information?
I mean, sure you go by an alias there, but if you purchased something, then they are withholding an account with personal information about the purchase, locking you out of it.

Reactions: Buurmanzz92

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, its funny the lengths people will go to in hopes of getting a banned system unbanned. I get it, it sucks, but we all know that hacking is risky and only has gotten riskier as technology has advanced and more and more games and features utilize online in one way or another, it's a gamble we all should absolutely have known was there if we chose to hack our Switchs. I genuinely wish you luck with this, but in all honesty, I'm very certain you're just wasting your time here with any hopes of reversing a ban on the Switch no matter where you live.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: ghjfdtg and Lumince

snarkyerica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, just think about it for a couple of seconds before making a thread like this. Can you get someone's identity from their serial number and their certificate alone? No, of course you can't. That's what Nintendo uses to ban you. So if you make a GDPR deletion request, sure they will delete all your data for eShop and stuff like that since that involves payment processing, etc. But they will not remove your serial and certificate from the ban list. That isn't personal identifiable information. It's console-identifiable, since they can track that Switch around, but that isn't protected by GDPR. Only Personal Identifiable Information is, which the serial and cert are not.

Reactions: c80 and ghjfdtg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol