Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

leon8179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my point : Nintendo should not be allowed te prevent you from accessing games you bought no matter the reason. I insist, no matter why. However, they have the right to prevent me from playing online because it's a service, they don't owe me online play, however they owe me the right to play the game I bought, yes that's right, they owe me the right to play the game because like I said, I bought it. Steam for example doesn't prevent you from playing the game you bought, even if you're banned which is normal. It's my right you have to understand that. I gave you money now you give me the ability to play the game. It's a right you need to understand that.
You know...if your unit is hacked, nobody can stop you from playing those games..or any games.. you can still update your console/games offline.

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You can update the console with cartridge updates, so ultimately you can play the game. Online has nothing to do in the matter.
L.A Noire, Doom and Wolfeistein 2 require internet and eShop access to be played.
That's just, like, your opinion, man. The law does not support you here (yet). Until someone sues Nintendo and we get some solid case law that says that they are either allowed or not allowed to do this, your feelings are just that, feelings.
Preventig me to play the game after I bought it, how do you call that ? A scam (which is illegal)

snarkyerica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
L.A Noire, Doom and Wolfeistein 2 require internet and eShop access to be played.

Preventig me to play the game after I bought it, how do you call that ? A scam (which is illegal)

Again, that's how you -feel- about the matter. You -feel- like you were scammed. The reality is that you breached their license, the license was invalidated, so you can no longer play. Facts don't care about your feelings.

antiNT

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Wrong, you bought a license to use that game (digital copy). By the way, Steam does ban accounts based on your offenses.
I bought a license to use that game and it doesn't work as intended (I still can't play the game after buying the license), and no, Steam will ban your account from Online play but won't prevent you from playing the games you bought.

antiNT

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Again, that's how you -feel- about the matter. You -feel- like you were scammed. The reality is that you breached their license, the license was invalidated, so you can no longer play. Facts don't care about your feelings.
I don't see any correlation between my feelings and the fact that I bought something that doesn't work as intented.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ToS don't override law, in any case. Ever.
Bullshit. The ToS are a contract. Contracts usually 'overrride' law. Imagine you take your neighbours car, without a contract (if you asked him and he said yes, that's a contract). That would be against the law (theft). But if you rent it from him (this is a contract), that's perfectly legal and you can drive that car.

snarkyerica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no personal responsibility involved because there is no physical damage on the gamecard.

It clearly states on the box you need a connection to Nintendo servers to use the software if it requires a day one update. That's your fault for not reading. I'm not going to argue further, since it's probably gonna end up deleted like the rest of these cyclical arguments.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit. The ToS are a contract. Contracts usually 'overrride' law. Imagine you take your neighbours car, without a contract (if you asked him and he said yes, that's a contract). That would be against the law (theft). But if you rent it from him (this is a contract), that's perfectly legal and you can drive that car.

A ToS is not a contract, lol. Just a "legal agreement" made in exchange for use of something. It still has to adhere to regional law and regulation or it can be deemed null and void, like I said. Same for legal contracts, hilariously enough, so I'm not sure why you bring that up. Contracts and agreements are similar but are not interchangeable terms. A contract is a specific type of agreement.

Contracts are legally binding. Agreements generally are not.

antiNT

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It clearly states on the box you need a connection to Nintendo servers to use the software if it requires a day one update. That's your fault for not reading. I'm not going to argue further, since it's probably gonna end up deleted like the rest of these cyclical arguments.
If it was the case, then I agree with you but it's not. Take a look :
o4cXlXx.jpg
It's written "a game or system update may be required to play. Intersesting... English is not my native language but it's says "may be required" instead of "is required", it's still incorrect as far as I understand.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A ToS is not a contract, lol.
Maybe you shout just shut up instead of lolling.

A contract is a promise or set of promises that are legally enforceable and, if violated, allow the injured party access to legal remedies. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract
Terms of service (also known as terms of use and terms and conditions, commonly abbreviated as TOS or ToS and ToU) are rules by which one must agree to abide in order to use a service. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_service

Just a "legal agreement" made in exchange for use of something.
in other words: a contract

It still has to adhere to regional law and regulation or it can be deemed null and void, like I said. Same for legal contracts, hilariously enough, so I'm not sure why you bring that up.
100% agreed

Contracts are legally binding. Agreements generally are not.
Of course they are.

Do you remember Geohot sued by Sony in 2011? Sony claimed that by violating the terms of service of the PlayStation Network, Hotz and others were committing breach of contract. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_service#Sony

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to be an EU citizen, or is it enough to just reside in and have purchased your console in Europe? I ask because I'm studying there currently, and my switch was purchased in England.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it was the case, then I agree with you but it's not. Take a look :
o4cXlXx.jpg
It's written "a game or system update may be required to play. Intersesting... English is not my native language but it's says "may be required" instead of "is required", it's still incorrect as far as I understand.

The box also says: "The use of an unauthorized device or software that enables technical modification may render this software or your Nintendo Switch system permanently unplayable."

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm laughing because not all agreements are *contracts* and you fail to accept fact as fact.
It's funny. Sorry.
Stop laughing. Sure, not all agreements are contracts, but in this case the ToS are a contract. I never said that all agreements were contracts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste