• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Every since Net Neutrality was repealed my internet has been acting up.

D

Deleted User

My internet has gone even more to shit than usual lately. Not to mention, the day after the initial net neutrality vote finished, my internet and phone went out completely for 16 hours. That's actually quite common (thanks CenturyLink), but the cell tower nearest me went down too for a few hours. The timing had me shitting bricks. And ever since that happened, I haven't reached my full speed of 768k. I'm lucky if I get 200k.
A lack of net neutrality, best I can tell, is fucking me over before it's even become a real issue.

Reactions: Xzi

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
My internet has gone even more to shit than usual lately. Not to mention, the day after the initial net neutrality vote finished, my internet and phone went out completely for 16 hours. That's actually quite common (thanks CenturyLink), but the cell tower nearest me went down too for a few hours. The timing had me shitting bricks. And ever since that happened, I haven't reached my full speed of 768k. I'm lucky if I get 200k.
A lack of net neutrality, best I can tell, is fucking me over before it's even become a real issue.
Looks like your ISP is doing large infrastructure changes to most likely take advantage of the new freedoms they've been given. You might wanna start using a VPN pretty soon so that you don't get things like BitTorrent and Tor throttled.

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

You might wanna start using a VPN pretty soon so that you don't get things like BitTorrent and Tor throttled.
It seems like exactly that has already happened. Wish I could afford a half-decent VPN :mellow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?