Everything is grayed out after HD copy

Demon16v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Looking for some help I have a RGH 3 with 2TB hard drive and the latest Aurora with all games, Box art etc. I used my Sabrent hard drive cloner to copy everything to a new 2TB drive to put in my sons RGH 3 box.
Everything is copied over to the new drive but when I put it in sons Xbox all the box art is grayed out and won't work if it clicked on.
The only way I could get it to recognize anything was to go in and delete Managed paths under the Content and then re add the paths but then it looses all added box art and the names of games I changed.
Is there a way to copy the original hard drive without doing all the work to get art and names back?
Thanks for the help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that records the serial number of the hdd, so you can't copy the content from one drive to another. you'll have to redo everything. that's why I just leave game paths the same, and redownloading artwork no longer takes an eternity, at least with FSD, as I did it a few months ago when I added the golden eye prototype.

Demon16v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help.
FSD was great but it wouldn't let me update box art for new OG Xbox games. I did try to import the database but it didn't work.
I'd also like to be able to keep a back up 2 TB drive with everything to my liking if I can some how just copy 1 to 1.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the database for those custom dashboards is in the folder with the default.xex. you can copy just those files, but if importing the database doesn't work, I'm not sure what to suggest. an http connection will allow you to change things quickly, but box art can be a pita, at least with FSD, as you manually have to go to browse, then upload it to the database. maybe that's not the wisest thing to do actually.

Reactions: ChronoTrig

Dlnqt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Looking for some help I have a RGH 3 with 2TB hard drive and the latest Aurora with all games, Box art etc. I used my Sabrent hard drive cloner to copy everything to a new 2TB drive to put in my sons RGH 3 box.
Everything is copied over to the new drive but when I put it in sons Xbox all the box art is grayed out and won't work if it clicked on.
The only way I could get it to recognize anything was to go in and delete Managed paths under the Content and then re add the paths but then it looses all added box art and the names of games I changed.
Is there a way to copy the original hard drive without doing all the work to get art and names back?
Thanks for the help
I spent hours looking into this and figured it out. I had the same issue with an external HDD. I'm sure this will help someone who stumbles across the same issue.

Download DB Browser For SQlite

Insert New HDD into 360

Bootup

Go to HDD1/Apps/Aurora/Data/Database/

FTP and copy settings.db and content.db to desktop

Open contents.db in DB Browser

Go to browse data and select MountedDevice

Copy the device ID under usb0 and Open settings.db

Go to browse data and select ScanPaths

Delete Device ID under the old HDD for Content and XBLA

Paste old Device ID into both blocks and save

Reboot XBOX 360 and FTP both new files to somewhere on the HDD1

Open XEMENU and go to HDD1/Apps/Aurora/Data/Database/

Delete contents.db and settings.db

Cut both of the new contents.db and settings.db that you FTP'd to HDD1

Reboot Aurora

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent hours looking into this and figured it out. I had the same issue with an external HDD. I'm sure this will help someone who stumbles across the same issue.

Download DB Browser For SQlite

Insert New HDD into 360

Bootup

Go to HDD1/Apps/Aurora/Data/Database/

FTP and copy settings.db and content.db to desktop

Open contents.db in DB Browser

Go to browse data and select MountedDevice

Copy the device ID under usb0 and Open settings.db

Go to browse data and select ScanPaths

Delete Device ID under the old HDD for Content and XBLA

Paste old Device ID into both blocks and save

Reboot XBOX 360 and FTP both new files to somewhere on the HDD1

Open XEMENU and go to HDD1/Apps/Aurora/Data/Database/

Delete contents.db and settings.db

Cut both of the new contents.db and settings.db that you FTP'd to HDD1

Reboot Aurora
I totally forgot about that. I knew that you couldn't just use the same database on either another hdd or maybe it's system? I don't really remember what device id refers to, but it's in the resigning apps along with profile id.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍