Everything's blue today

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

There's been a bit of a running theme to the last couple of days. Everything of significance seems to have at least a tenuous connection to something blue. So here's the news from the world of Blaze, now with added blue.

- Shivali, or Shiva as I call her, hence the blue thing, seems to be seriously mentally unstable. One minute she'll be nice to me, the next she's bitching about things that are nothing to do with work, never mind me. Starting to think she's got multiple personalities. The problem with it is that she seems to have four personalities, and three of them are bitches.

- I get paid in about ten minutes and I'm trying to decide whether or not to invest in DOA Dimensions for my aqua blue 3DS. On the one hand it seems like a solid fighter and a decent game for my collection, but on the other hand I've always sucked ass at DOA. Seriously. There was a time when I couldn't even defeat the computer on the easiest settings. I blow chunks at DOA. But I'd like to improve. Play a fighter more technical than simply 'build up special attack meter, tap screen/enter combo, use Wrath of the Raging Demon, win match, repeat.' So, buy or no buy? Might order it online, saves me a tenner. If my wages are ok I might also pre-order Ocarina of Time 'cause it comes out a week before my next pay date.

- I'm replaying the Mass Effect games. Just finished my second playthrough of the original. Trying to mix it up and be different this time, so I went for a Vanguard instead of the Soldier I had in my 'master' file (which I had to play through twice because Tali went and got a grenade to the teeth first time). I have to say, I'm liking the biotic powers, hurling people off cliffs, slamming them into the floor, shockwave is basically a Kamehameha once fully upgraded. And fuck me, that Biotic Charge attack may just be the most kickass thing ever. Although the original game quickly became a joke as I found a shotgun very early on that can take out any non-boss enemy in a single shot regardless of range. Seriously. Geth Destroyers in one shot from across the room. Being more of a jerk this time too, trying to get my Renegade score higher, but I still ended up more Paragon 'cause I didn't want to do anything seriously jerky. Guess I'm too nice at heart. Although my Renegade score is still nice and high, enough to use any conversation option anyway.

I've also mixed up my relationship settings this time. See, I recall reading an article about the upcoming Mass Effect 3, in which Bioware expressed concerns that most people who played both games did not remain loyal to their original love interest. Which struck me as an unfair judgement as unless you happen to be nailing Liara, it's not actually possible to retain your love interest, as the only other love interests were Kaiden and Ashley (you couldn't date Tali in the original game, hence why my Soldier file is 'unfaithful' to Ashley), one of which is dead and the other one hates you for being with Cerberus and plays little part in the second game. So, I went for Liara on the original, and as I have all the DLC for ME2 I now have her again on the second game, after paying a lot of points for Lair of the Shadow Broker, killing a shitload of mercs, punching a giant alien to death and then having to get Liara over her confidence problems as she was shitting bricks at the idea of me leaving again. All I can say is that you better give me something good for being loyal, Bioware. That's an awful lot of effort I've put in. Not to mention the hideous mental image Shepherd brought up right before slipping Liara one in ME2 about marriage and little blue babies. Yeah, thought I'd forgotten the blue thing, didn't you? NOT A CHANCE.

- I find myself to be a little blue, to be honest. Literally. I wear a tag around my neck, an FF7 'Soldier First Class' dogtag my friends got me as a joke when I was promoted to the same rank in Air Cadets as a kid. It has sentimental value so I never take it off. Problem is, it's not silver or anything. Just a bit of tin, really. So it's finally giving up the ghost and seems to be leaving blue marks on my chest.

- I'm also a little blue emotionally. Things are really starting to get to me lately. Everything annoys me. There are times when I'm fists clenched ready to kill enraged with something simple. Like my dad ordered a dog tag for Nanaki. Couldn't be bothered to spell his name properly so he put 'Kye' on it. Which not only is it not the dog's name, thus utterly defeating the point of it being a name tag, it's not even a contraction of the name. It's a totally different name. It's not so much the act as the principle behind it. His lack of respect for anything except his own views. He doesn't like the name so he sees fit to fuck up the dog's name tag so he can do things his way. I'm sick of it. Show some respect to me and Nanaki or just GTFO, to be honest.

And it's not just that. The lack of success in the job hunt. The lack of any noteworthy girls within a fifty thousand mile radius. The fact that FF8 is being a dirty cheating hoe-bag. The fact that even after five years my ex girlfriend still hasn't taken the hint and made herself a grenade sandwich, pinless on white with the crusts blown off. The list goes on. Normally these things just bounce right off me but right now they're all going right through my shields and really pissing me off. I feel like I'm about to snap any minute. Contemplate the effects of someone with their own wolf and a selection of deadly weaponry finally losing his temper after nearly 24 years of self restraint in the face of countless near fatal betrayals. Yeah, I don't see many people walking away when I finally go, to be honest.

- One of my best friends is getting married soon. Chances are at this rate I'll be her 'something blue', whether by my mental state of the fact that my tag is turning me into a smurf. At least it settles the great debate my mother insisted on having at every opportunity for two long years regarding which os the Starling sisters I'd end up with. The answer it seems is neither, as Sam is due to be married any day now and Sian's fucked off to New Zealand, about as far away from me as she can possibly get. So that settles that, I guess. Shame really. They both had...potential.

Well, I'm running out of interesting news which I can link with anything blue, so I guess I'll call it a night and go watch Avatar. I hope that my life picks up soon and things start to improve at last, but let's be honest. It'll be a cold night in Hell under a blue moon before that happens.

Blaze.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, she's got Sensui/Shinobu Syndrome? That sucks. Though if she really had multiple personalities I think you'd know for sure.

Anyway, I really hope things get better for you.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, here's the update. Pay day today. Well, depends how you define 'pay' I guess. Instead of the £480 I usually end up with at the end of every month, I have a piss poor £313 this month. So...

- Instead of the £200 I give me dad for rent he only has £180. Not a major issue but he'll have any excuse to bitch, and in my current state I'll have any excuse to lose my temper and beat fuck out of him.

- I've not paid the £50 monthly installment on paying him back for the £300 he loaned me for Nanaki either. He'll just have to wait.

- I have enough set aside to pay my bills but Nanaki's on the cheap food for the month. It's a shame but unavoidable.

- I did treat myself a little, bought DOA Dimensions for my 3DS. Might be a little immature to buy a game when I'm this bad, but I'm not working all month just to pay bills. We all need a little something to make it worth the effort. This is my treat for all my hard work. It's a fuckin' great game. Good story, solid gameplay, much easier to get into than DOA4 was as it's been made more accessable to new players like me, graphics are phenominal, the 3D works great, the inclusion of English voices is a nice boost, and you can use play coins to unlock new costumes and stuff, or get them via Spotpass. Online and local multiplayer too. With the exception of the tilt sensors it uses every feature of the 3DS to the full potential. Seriously, give it a look, especially if like me you always wanted to get good at DOA but you found it too unforgiving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol