Eyeball being tattooed

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats nuts! yeah i'm with tony, don't wanna cripple my body ever!

Even i'm a bit squeamish after that lol.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Wouldnt it be easier, less painful, not permanent to just get colored contacts?

my point exactly, those videos were disgusting
frown.gif
freaks.

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Nov 14 2008, 08:57 AM) people are cutting off their healthy body parts, or making all kinds of implants..People do everything!!
And I still say that smoking cigarettes is way more extreme than this..
tongue.gif

i don't see how smoking can be worse than cutting a piece of your body off, you are permanently disabled for life when people mutilate their bodies like that, i think you are just having a dig at smokers imo.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Toni Plutonij said:
[...]It IS damaging your eyesight....(from 30%-complete blindness) [...]
I guess this point can't be stressed enough.

I just read an article about LASIKs (article itself was German only, sorry), where a doctor advised against such an operation (EDIT: a LASIK). He said that the skin on the eyeball never really heals after an operation, since the immune system only operates on very low levels on the eye. Waiting rooms currently are filled with patients who had similar operations, just with knifes, 15 years ago. These people are are losing their eyesight in droves and he expects similar amounts from LASIK operated people, but the method it's not old enough for significant amounts of eyes to age enough to show symptoms.

This was for operations on the cornea, under sterile conditions, carried out by doctors who should know their stuff. But I assume that a tattoo on the eyeball, carried out in a non-sterile tattoo studio, will show similarly bad results. Especially when skin on the eye can't heal itself due to the immune system not working.

The people from that video are really, really stupid, IMHO.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
people are cutting off their healthy body parts, or making all kinds of implants..People do everything!!
And I still say that smoking cigarettes is way more extreme than this..
tongue.gif

Smokers can quit. If they have a healthy diet and excersize regularly, their lungs could be as clean as someone who never smoked before after a certain amount of time.

This is permanent though. And really freaky to boot. These idiots are gonna regret it once they grow up.
Who'd want to have a father/spouse with blue eyes?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
jalaneme said:
what next eye-rings?
Eyelid piercings are quite old -

surgery04.jpg

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/196367/#

I've a friend who had it done nearly 5years ago.

All the squeamish people on here are funnee too - eyeball tattoos aren't for me, but good on anyone who gets one. Certainly more appealing than a sleeve/full back that everyone has these days.

QUOTE(Xcalibur @ Nov 14 2008, 11:41 AM) Who'd want to have a father/spouse with blue eyes?
Me? It's not something I'd pray for - but if my partner/child decided to get it done then so be it. I'm not narrow-minded enough to think any less of them because of it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I don't see why is this so bad that you're all disgusted with it..
I said that people that smoke, and don't plan to stop, in the period of some years are just as "bad" as the people who decide to tattoo or pierce themselves!! (even worse, because they effect people around themselves with the smoke!! Passive smoking..)

But, this is not a thread about smoking..
I have nothing against all this stuff that people do to themselves, because it's their body..I'm not here to judge them..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well all im saying Toni is it seems pointless, you can have colored lenses to get the same effect without risking your eyesight!

The effect of the tattooing is pretty lame im my opinion.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Joujoudoll said:
I've seen the implanted jewels in the eye before... Some people even get diamonds in their eyeballs.

Ive seen those too, thats different it actually looks cool, I can understand that, but the tattooing looked crap in my opinion, cant see why you would do it!

Oh well.
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
This is permanent though. And really freaky to boot. These idiots are gonna regret it once they grow up. Who'd want to have a father/spouse with blue eyes?
Reading about it a few months ago, I 'm not certain it's permenant. I might be wrong, but I think the ink runs out, something to do with the eye being full of liquid meaning it doesn't take or something. So if that's true it's a lot of trouble to go to for something you'll only have for a couple of months anyway.

Of all the medical things they show on TV, eye operations squick me out the most. I don't understand how anyone would want to put their eyesight on the line; what's the point of tattoos if you can't look in the mirror and see yourself?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, from the "artistic" point of view, I agree it really sucks bad..You can't get it right, color looks shitty, all you can do is make it look like something spilled in your eye..
And, I don't prefer it at all.....I don't actually understand why would anybody do that either, but I respect someones decision to do it, because it's his eye!!
I won't say anything against it, because it's not my place to say it, you know!

Same as some people don't get why I would want to have Nintendo on my ass, or robo-leg...It's my body, and it's my pleasure!!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
For the record it's not a tattoo. Your eyeball has a colourless membrane covering it called the conjunctiva. What they're doing is injecting a dye underneath this layer but on top of the white scleral layer (No eyeball penetration involved). After a while the dye will be absorbed by the vasculature, so no it's not permanent. (Think of it like when a blood vessel breaks in the eye and it floods the area making your eye look like it's a bloody mess...in that instance the blood would get totally resorbed in about a week).

That dye better be completely biologically friendly though....

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never said it was permanent... I just said they were tattooing it. I suppose it's not considered a "tattoo", but that's the closest thing that I can think of to call it.

I highly doubt that ink is biologically friendly... Most inks used for tattoos are chemically made, and companies might say it's biologically friendly, but I don't believe it if it's made with chemicals.

If someone squirted ink from a squid into that syringe then I'd say that's biologically friendly. People eat squid ink, so I'd say it's probably safe for your eye too, but if you ever get a scratch on your eye it never heals, so that guy will never heal from having that syringe puncture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok