Hacking EZ Flash JR - stuck at OSINIT

BeniBel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just received my EZ Flash junior, but can't get it to work. Everytime I boot it, it get's stuck at "OSINIT"

I tried on multiple devices:

- Gameboy Color
- 1 x 010 GBA SP
- 2 x 001 GBA SP
- 1 x Original GBA
- 1 Fat Game Boy classic

I also tried multiple SD cards, and different layouts. Current layout is fat 32 formated card, the EZGB.Dat file in the root, together with the folders "ROMS" and "SAVER". Am I missing something, or is it just a defective unit?

PS: I tried all devices with new or fully charged batteries

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just received my EZ Flash junior, but can't get it to work. Everytime I boot it, it get's stuck at "OSINIT"

I tried on multiple devices:

- Gameboy Color
- 1 x 010 GBA SP
- 2 x 001 GBA SP
- 1 x Original GBA
- 1 Fat Game Boy classic

I also tried multiple SD cards, and different layouts. Current layout is fat 32 formated card, the EZGB.Dat file in the root, together with the folders "ROMS" and "SAVER". Am I missing something, or is it just a defective unit?

PS: I tried all devices with new or fully charged batteries
I also had this issue. Try to format micro SD normally (not fast) and copy ezgb.dat on card first, then roms folders, finally create a saver folder. For me this solved the problem. Then probably you will have a file sys error in some folders for an incomprehensible reason.

Reactions: BeniBel

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
can you tell me the SD card volume size? and the file allocation unite size when you format the card.

the most important thing: how many files and folders you put in the ROMS folder?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can you tell me the SD card volume size? and the file allocation unite size when you format the card.

the most important thing: how many files and folders you put in the ROMS folder?
Some users claim to have inserted full romset of GB and GBC in the SD with full lenght filenames without issues. This is incredibile! I have 20-30 roms in each folder A, B, C, d etc. and the last i copy on card gives 2 file sys error in files in this folders. If i copy from Z to A the problem is with A, B, C folders. If copy ezgb.dat latest, Gameboy hangs in osinit. How come?

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some users claim to have inserted full romset of GB and GBC in the SD with full lenght filenames without issues. This is incredibile! I have 20-30 roms in each folder A, B, C, d etc. and the last i copy on card gives 2 file sys error in files in this folders. If i copy from Z to A the problem is with A, B, C folders. If copy ezgb.dat latest, Gameboy hangs in osinit. How come?

This cart has an horrible start, the EDGB chinese clone is more faster at the menus and It doesn't show so many errors...

Above the Pokémon gold beta gives error too :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

@EZ-Flash2

BeniBel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doing the steps Nikokaro told helped, together with adding all the .txt files from the zip file. Thank you! Indeed there are some folders that give the 2 file sys error, so I will just have to select the best roms, put them in a folder and hope that doesn't give any errors. I hope updates will make this card a bit more stable.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doing the steps Nikokaro told helped, together with adding all the .txt files from the zip file. Thank you! Indeed there are some folders that give the 2 file sys error, so I will just have to select the best roms, put them in a folder and hope that doesn't give any errors. I hope updates will make this card a bit more stable.
What are those txt files? I advise you to remove them because useless and fill precious space in SD card. Read this tread for explanetion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are those txt files? I advise you to remove them because useless and fill precious space in SD card. Read this tread for explanetion
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-junior-folder-and-filename-regulation.557906/

BeniBel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, correct formatting of the sd card fixed the issue, the cluster size has to match that of the manual exactly, which differs from the windows default settings when formatting

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JakobAir @ JakobAir: What's wrong with Washington? I live just south of Seattle and we only have a lot crime and high...