EZ Flash Omega Issue - Roms won't load

Orpheus206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my EZ Flash Omega set up, dropped GB, GBC, and GBA roms onto it unzipped in folders, and none of them boot. For GB and GBC, I get a "No ROMS found! Use Goomba Front to build a compilation ROM, or use Pogoshell with a supported flash cartridge" error, and for GBA games, they start to load, but hang on a white screen forever. I've put the same roms onto other systems and they work fine, so it's not the roms themselves. Wondering how to fix.

Orpheus206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried writing a GBA ROM to the NOR memory of the Omega and booting it from NOR?
Just tried. When I try to write a GBA ROM to the NOR, it says it's doing it and then just doesn't. When I try a GB or GBC game, there's no option for it, but I think that might just be how it works.

splaca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tried. When I try to write a GBA ROM to the NOR, it says it's doing it and then just doesn't. When I try a GB or GBC game, there's no option for it, but I think that might just be how it works.
I see. (I don't think GB/GBC games can be written to NOR as they require emulation, but I'm not sure.)

The only other thing I'd know to check is trying a newer kernel (and maybe trying another microSD, or reformatting, just to be sure).
However, since your Omega seems to be acting weird, trying to upgrade the kernel might not go well -- I'd personally only try it if I felt I had exhausted the other options.

Orpheus206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm it's not the microSD. Tried reformatting it and tried transferring everything over to a totally new microSD. Same issues.

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
All GBA roms run with a white screen?
If it's not a specific rom issue, it's a hardware issue.
You also need to find out if your GBA device has enough power.

Last edited by moon_rabbit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?