Hacking EZ Flash Omega - Save State Issues

prizna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having some issues with the save state function of my EZ Flash Omega, I'm playing Metroid Fusion and I can create a save state fine, but after loading the save state, I can still move in game but the sound is all messed up, making ringing noises.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm using Firmware 7 and Kernel 1.07

thanks,

edit: I just had a freeze while creating the save state, so maybe there is more of a problem than I thought.

Last edited by prizna,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm having some issues with the save state function of my EZ Flash Omega, I'm playing Metroid Fusion and I can create a save state fine, but after loading the save state, I can still move in game but the sound is all messed up, making ringing noises.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm using Firmware 7 and Kernel 1.07

thanks,

edit: I just had a freeze while creating the save state, so maybe there is more of a problem than I thought.

If you've ever read the product manual (you can scan the QR code on the kernel help page), it says the following

Code:
Sound turn to noise after load game states: The sound register of GBA hardware is write only, it can not be saved and restored. Change a scene should get the sound normally. But there are some game exceptions, the sound will never return to normal. This is a limitation of the GBA hardware itself and it is not a defect of this product.

Each run of save states is a complete dump and complete write to the system memory, which may cause a crash due to register permissions, after all, this is running on real hardware, not an emulator on a computer. Because the emulator on the computer has higher read/write and fault tolerance.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

prizna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you've ever read the product manual (you can scan the QR code on the kernel help page), it says the following

Code:
Sound turn to noise after load game states: The sound register of GBA hardware is write only, it can not be saved and restored. Change a scene should get the sound normally. But there are some game exceptions, the sound will never return to normal. This is a limitation of the GBA hardware itself and it is not a defect of this product.

Each run of save states is a complete dump and complete write to the system memory, which may cause a crash due to register permissions, after all, this is running on real hardware, not an emulator on a computer. Because the emulator on the computer has higher read/write and fault tolerance.
Thank you for the info.

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

DazedDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i also have this same issue with Zero Mission. When i load the save state back i get a ringing noise. Are you saying nothing can be done to fix this issue?
Post automatically merged:

I also have the same issue with metroid zero mission. Are you saying nothing can be done to fix it??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds +1