Hacking EZ-Flash V 3in1 rumble not working with R4 card

DinoBuzzHorse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 Upgrade - Revolution for DS card from www.r4i-sdhc.com. I also have an EZ-Flash V 3in1 cart. The GBA feature is working great, but the two DS games I've tried (Trackmania DS and Diddy Kong Racing) have not been able to find the rumble pack, or have not been able to use it.

Any advice on how to fix this? Do I need to patch the .nds files?

Thanks!

DinoBuzzHorse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out curiousity, would this problem be solved if I had gotten a "better" DS cart when I initially purchased these items, or is this a problem for all DS carts' compatibility with the 3in1?

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi DinoBuzzHorse, jimmyemunoz and everyone,

I know it's been a while since this thread was on but I am facing the same problem as DinoBuzzHorse.

Unfortunately the link given by jimmyemunoz is on private access only :(

So I'd like to get this patcher and to see this video if ever someone has got them.

Thanks in advance.

Salut @pcekid :)

I will undoubtedly answer you by being off topic but indeed the EZ 3in1 is not compatible with the games of DS on some R4 card unfortunately I do not have a link to forward to you to download the patcher but if you want to use the rumble function or ram expansion with homebrews like gameyob, quake 2, quake mods, ScummVM (J build), GBA Exploader, NeoDS, Pokemini or even DSOrganize, you just need to install HBmenu and launch these programs under HBmenu

I leave you a link to download HBmenu as well as a link of a pack that I made some time ago and which contains all the homebrews I told you about a little above ;)

HBmenu (last version) : https://github.com/devkitPro/nds-hb-menu/releases

DS emulators, homebrews & apps pack : https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-all-emulators-for-ds.255764/page-6#post-9049950

pcekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Salut @Indy13 and thanks for your answer! I really appreciate your blazing pack. Great job!

Maybe I should have been more specific. According to the thread title "EZ-Flash V 3in1 rumble not working" I am not sure being off topic.

My EZ 3in1 does work well excepted the rumble feature on DS games. However the rumble works when tested under the flashcart menu.

That's why I am looking for a fix as the patcher from @jimmyemunoz.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So this was a long ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe you've always needed to patch games to get rumble working using the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. Some flashcarts did this automatically, but for those that don't you indeed have to patch it in manually.

pcekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks @Minox! I know it was the old days before the CFW era.

Anyway I believed the EZ Vi flashcart would do it automatically too. Which manual patcher to fix the rumble would you suggest?

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not sure being off topic.
Non, je te rassure @pcekid tu n'étais pas hors sujet mais n'ayant pas de lien à fournir concernant ta demande, seulement quelques astuces pour utiliser l'EZ 3in1 avec des homebrews moi je l'étais, c'est pour ça que je parlais de hors sujet mais ça concernait ma réponse, pas ta demande ;) et comme j'utilise un traducteur en ligne, ma façon de m'exprimer n'était pas très claire^^

Reactions: pcekid

pcekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Non, je te rassure @pcekid tu n'étais pas hors sujet mais n'ayant pas de lien à fournir concernant ta demande, seulement quelques astuces pour utiliser l'EZ 3in1 avec des homebrews moi je l'étais, c'est pour ça que je parlais de hors sujet mais ça concernait ma réponse, pas ta demande ;) et comme j'utilise un traducteur en ligne, ma façon de m'exprimer n'était pas très claire^^

Ah, oui, je croyais me faire aligner pour mon premier message, mais en fait c'est très sympa de ta part ! Ta version punk de Woody Allen est très réussie.

Merci pour le HBmenu que je ne connaissais pas. Ton pack est une merveille. Il est très utile pour remplacer les liens filetrip.

What is your hardware and software config and settings for the EZ 3in1?

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, oui, je croyais me faire aligner pour mon premier message, mais en fait c'est très sympa de ta part !
C'est pour ça que je me suis permis de le préciser, je ne voulais pas que tu penses qu'il y ait un quelconque reproche dans mes propos :)

Ta version punk de Woody Allen est très réussie.
Merci, c'est Woody Allen mixé avec GG Allin en fait.

Merci pour le HBmenu que je ne connaissais pas. Ton pack est une merveille. Il est très utile pour remplacer les liens filetrip.
Cool que tu aies pu trouver des trucs intéressants dedans. :)

Pour la question suivante je vais te répondre en anglais parce que à forcer de parler en français on va se faire aligner tous les deux^^

What is your hardware and software config and settings for the EZ 3in1?

I mainly have two configurations, I also have a third more basic one that I use for testing.

I only have one DS model, it's a DS Lite, it's the medium I prefer, it's not the most powerful but there is a lot of stuff on it and it's a very good way to have a good approach to console customization, what I also appreciate about this model is that there is no update to do and therefore, it does not hurt the configurations that you can put on your sd card and which can become obsolete after an update of the big N

My first configuration, the one that allows you to do the most things and, I think the most successful is a DSTwo + combo with EZ flash 3in1, with that I use the EOS of the DSTwo + and two versions of HBmenu (one of the first version and the latest version), in parallel, I also use Dingux which only works on DSTwo and allows to emulate a Dingoo with the set of emulators, ports and homebrews that go with it.

My second configuration is an R4 3ds Upgrade SDHC 2016 combo with EZ flash 3in1, with that I use the firmware of the R4 with always the two versions of HBmenu, it's a happy medium that allows to do a lot of cool things afterwards.

My third configuration is a classic R4 (the first one in which we can only put 2gb sd cards) with EZ flash 3in1, with that I use a wood akmenu 1.56 and always the two versions of HBmenu, it's a light configuration which allows you to easily perform tests, generate configuration files when necessary or debug the EZ flash 3in1 when there are hardware / software conflicts (which can happen from time to time depending on how you use it )

After concerning my settings I go to the simplest for example on my second configuration for GBA games, I do not use NOR mode, so I only put games of 16mo and less, for the biggest games I use the emulator of my DSTwo+ (TempGBA), it avoids hardware / software conflicts and ghost game problems, I also avoid making savegames on all console emulators, it avoids possible data corruption problems and then that gives a more real take on things in the days of cartridge games there was no backup system, just password systems so that's something I keep in mind for emulators of consoles on the other hand for PC games with programs like DSx86, ScummVM or PC game ports there I make savegames, otherwise in terms of settings apart from the fact that I use the firmware of the cards (R4 and DSTwo +) to launch the DS games and HBmenu to launch the emulators, ports and homebrews, that's all about it. :)

pcekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
C'est pour ça que je me suis permis de le préciser, je ne voulais pas que tu penses qu'il y ait un quelconque reproche dans mes propos :)
:)

Merci, c'est Woody Allen mixé avec GG Allin en fait.
I didn't know GG Allin: whaouh! In France many use the "rock'n'roll" or "punk" words meaninglessly. Obviously GG didn't! Do you watch Woody's movies while listening to GG?

Cool que tu aies pu trouver des trucs intéressants dedans. :)
Yeah, it's a great compilation work.

Pour la question suivante je vais te répondre en anglais parce que à forcer de parler en français on va se faire aligner tous les deux^^
:lol::lol:

I only have one DS model, it's a DS Lite, it's the medium I prefer, it's not the most powerful but there is a lot of stuff on it and it's a very good way to have a good approach to console customization, what I also appreciate about this model is that there is no update to do and therefore, it does not hurt the configurations that you can put on your sd card and which can become obsolete after an update of the big N
Sure I do see what you mean. It's very nice to push this old handheld to new directions with customization... and to avoid the 3DS updates.

I mainly have two configurations, I also have a third more basic one that I use for testing.
Thanks for fully sharing your expertise! Your method seems to be very efficient.

My first configuration, the one that allows you to do the most things and, I think the most successful is a DSTwo + combo with EZ flash 3in1, with that I use the EOS of the DSTwo + and two versions of HBmenu (one of the first version and the latest version), in parallel, I also use Dingux which only works on DSTwo and allows to emulate a Dingoo with the set of emulators, ports and homebrews that go with it.
Why do use two versions of HBmenu? Which one is "one of the first versions"?

How does Dingoo run on your DS Lite / DSTwo?

Now I'm going to test your HBmenu solution in order to get the rumble from the EZ flash 3in1.

I also avoid making savegames on all console emulators, it avoids possible data corruption problems and then that gives a more real take on things in the days of cartridge games
You want to play it real, that's all to your credit!

It's a bit difficult though to endure nowadays the pixel perfect challenge that old games put us through...

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you watch Woody's movies while listening to GG?
:rofl2:
Like any good old self-respecting punk I'm still too drunk to do anything^^

Why do use two versions of HBmenu? Which one is "one of the first versions"?

Now I'm going to test your HBmenu solution in order to get the rumble from the EZ flash 3in1.

Well, I realized that the oldest version of HBmenu I was using (version 0.4.1, the one I put in my pack) was the most compatible with emulators that used the EZ flash 3in1 and all particularly GBA_ExpLoader but besides that there are new versions of emulators or homebrews that do not work with this old version of HBmenu, these programs only work with the latest version, that's why I use the two versions.

How does Dingoo run on your DS Lite / DSTwo?

To emulate a Dingoo, you need a DSTwo or DSTwo + flashcart and DS2Linux (also called Dingux), unfortunately, I believe that the links to download DS2Linux are dead, we only find independent puglins, in fact DS2Linux n 'was unfortunately never finished and it's a shame because the project was promising but it has a lot of bugs even if it's still interesting to install it, I wanted to prepare an archive a few months ago (@CrashMidnick it's a personal message addressed to you there, I have not forgotten you, I still think about it! ^^) but at the time of today I still have not found the time to do it between family, work and all the old files to find in my personal archives, I don't know when can I do it, I will do it for sure because I find it unfortunate that it is difficult to find but at the same time I want do it well which means making an archive containing all the emulators and homebrews that are really worth it that we dwell on it which also means that by creating such an archive it is also necessary to create the readme file which goes with it, a clear and understandable text for all which explains the installation and the functioning of more about twenty emulators and homebrews, it may seem silly but the exercise is not that easy especially in English, a language that I do not speak very well

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4