R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) wont start

LSTmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,

A few days ago, I received my R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), and despite my efforts, I haven't been able to get it to work. Whenever I try, I'm greeted with a white screen instantly, and it doesn't progress further. Occasionally, I've managed to reach the loading screen, but I'm unsure which software was running, and it never progressed beyond that point. I'm using a NDS Lite.

From what I understand, the R4-III Upgrade Revo is a clone. I visited the website mentioned on the box using the Wayback Machine, but even the kernel from there doesn't take me past the white screen. I've attempted reformatting the SD card multiple times using both Windows and an SD card formatter program.

I haven't tried using another SD card yet, although this card functions perfectly on different PCs.

At this stage, I'm at a loss for what to do to get the card working. I just want to be able to play. If anyone out there has managed to successfully use this card, I'd greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Here a Picture of Card & Box

S2N5MTa.jpeg
F2bEhj8.jpeg

Reactions: Teddie

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

A few days ago, I received my R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), and despite my efforts, I haven't been able to get it to work. Whenever I try, I'm greeted with a white screen instantly, and it doesn't progress further. Occasionally, I've managed to reach the loading screen, but I'm unsure which software was running, and it never progressed beyond that point. I'm using a NDS Lite.

From what I understand, the R4-III Upgrade Revo is a clone. I visited the website mentioned on the box using the Wayback Machine, but even the kernel from there doesn't take me past the white screen. I've attempted reformatting the SD card multiple times using both Windows and an SD card formatter program.

I haven't tried using another SD card yet, although this card functions perfectly on different PCs.

At this stage, I'm at a loss for what to do to get the card working. I just want to be able to play. If anyone out there has managed to successfully use this card, I'd greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

View attachment 431618View attachment 431619
Install TWiLight Menu++ instead, I don't recommend downloading outdated kernels.

https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard

Teddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey there,

View attachment 431618View attachment 431619
I had the same r4 cart recently, sold it with a nds lite but i have the backup kernel.
I attached it, hope it works on your cart!

Attachments

• R4IIIREVOLUTION.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.