Hacking EZ OMEGA Power consumption optimization result

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
We'd added a new option in system to turn off the in-game RTC module. it can save more power.

We use a current meter to measure the card power load, not the whole console.

The different game has different power load.

Below image is firmware 4: 81.95 ma
001.jpg

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module on: 62.87ma
002.jpg

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module off: 53.67ma
003.jpg

Below image is firmware 4(another game):74.55ma
007.jpg

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module on(another game):59.32ma
004.jpg

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module off(another game):50.19ma
005.jpg

Below image is EZ-FLASH IV:45.88ma
008.jpg

It seems power consumption drop down 35% at maximum and very near EZ4. I don't know this result is satisfactory or not, but this is the best result that can be achieved with full performance, for now.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2, , Reason: typo

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing your results to what I've gotten in the past, it sounds like the EZ Omega can with your new optimizations get around 6.5 to 7.75 hours (or a ~1-2 hour improvement) vs the EZ-Flash IV's 8.25 hours (and the 12+ hours on an original cart). So, it's great to see those extra hours. Hopefully in the future you'll be able to bump it up just a little more to be in parity with the EZ-Flash IV. :)

Reactions: tiduscrying

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy the new EZ-Flash Omega and its good to see improvements and options, I also have a bit of a request for the EZ-Flash Omega

with long file names the end of the file name cuts off at the end in the user interface, which may contain valuable information like game region in parenthesis

it would be good if the name could scroll like with EZ-Flash IV interface so the user can see the full file name

dcervi

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems power consumption drop down 35% at maximum and very near EZ4. I don't know this result is satisfactory or not, but this is the best result that can be achieved with full performance, for now.

What do you mean with 'Full performance'? Game loading performance or in game performance?

If it's performance only when browsing/loading games, I'd sure prefer having an option to reduce performance and increase battery life. You only load a game once and play it for many minutes-hours.

Enviat des del meu SM-G950F usant Tapatalk

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Comparing your results to what I've gotten in the past, it sounds like the EZ Omega can with your new optimizations get around 6.5 to 7.75 hours (or a ~1-2 hour improvement) vs the EZ-Flash IV's 8.25 hours (and the 12+ hours on an original cart). So, it's great to see those extra hours. Hopefully in the future you'll be able to bump it up just a little more to be in parity with the EZ-Flash IV. :)

You can test how is the real increment with your console/metroid as before?, near 7 hours is very good.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
update two images

Below image is main menu firmware 4: 66.39ma
009.jpg

Below image is main menu firmware 5 test version: 53.72ma
00a.jpg

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'd added a new option in system to turn off the in-game RTC module. it can save more power.

We use a current meter to measure the card power load, not the whole console.

The different game has different power load.

Below image is firmware 4: 81.95 ma
View attachment 130865

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module on: 62.87ma
View attachment 130866

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module off: 53.67ma
View attachment 130867

Below image is firmware 4(another game):74.55ma
View attachment 130870

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module on(another game):59.32ma
View attachment 130868

Below image is firmware 5 test version with RTC module off(another game):50.19ma
View attachment 130869

Below image is EZ-FLASH IV:45.88ma
View attachment 130871

EZ-FLASH IV MicroSD
NOR FLASH not working on original gba!!!!!! i can't play many games that need nor to work, i have FW 2,05 PLEASE FIX asap!!!!!!!

Last edited by Arnold101,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
don't know wich games exactly ma they exist, still no reply from
EZ-Flash2 for original gba rom FIX!!
That's likely because it's not generally broken, NOR works fine on the regular GBA. To fix your issue it's necessary to know more details. What games are you trying? What exactly "doesn't work"? What type of batteries are you using? Etc.

Try to tell us more about your issue and we might be able to find the issue.

Edit: you also might want to create your own dedicated thread for your issue as this thread is about something else entirely.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Localhorst86,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, this is why I was confused when he was talking about requiring NOR and games not working if they're 32MBit. He thread jacked about the EZ IV, for which, like you say, I don't know of any NOR issues on the original GBA specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: wait, wtf, nwc nes edition will only include 13 games, I didn't realize that