• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Facebook pulling a twitter

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
https://www.engadget.com/the-mornin...ice-for-facebook-and-instagram-121537095.html

GENNNUIS. Man these big brains are so big
biiig

Because yes, totally, most people want to pay to leak their own government information, to Facebook. Fucking geniuses right here. Biggest brains on the planet. No wonder why they are among in the richest on the planet.

You know what this feature is great. It's as great as "new all" or ticking the tickbox to enable the switch in dorico. Oh I know, make it so you have to enable a tickbox that enables a slider that allows you to then pay for twitter blue and meta blue. Harmony with intelligent and advance design at last.

Why you need to tick a tick box to enable a switch? Must be because they're geniuses with 2,000 IQ.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You know there's too much CO2 in the air when people are willing to pay for a tiny jpeg of a checkmark. Will probably be even more popular on Facebook than Twitter too, given all the boomers there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I would never pay for such a service I don't get the great objection, not to mention Facebook likely have more info that a back end database dump would have ID scans as one of the less interesting aspects, and if not for the silicon valley censorship choices might even be a boon (people often treat things better if they have a not insignificant sum of money to pay, possibly also not anonymous any more).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
While I would never pay for such a service I don't get the great objection
Identity verification is a means for social media companies to protect themselves more than anything else, it's laughable to pretend as though it's a valuable service they're providing to the end user instead. It's the most basic of basic functionality, at this rate it won't be long until they're emboldened to charge you for each time you login.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of verification was just to signify that it's a real tweet from the notable person in question. They had a lot of dumb takes but at least you knew they were genuine and not a shitpost. I get why Elon would dumb it down as candy to his fans because they're all petty but it makes no sense to also carry the petty move anywhere else. Putting it behind a pay wall doesn't actually counter smug checkmarks, in fact you just make new, worse ones.

You know what this feature is great. It's as great as "new all" or ticking the tickbox to enable the switch in dorico.
The move for all technology is to Jank It Up. That's how you know it's Advanced and Premium.

1677377646311.png

Last edited by Tsukiru,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still remember the verified "nintendo" twitter acount with Mario giving the ole middle finger to viewers (which is sadly accurate state of nintendo to it's fan base)

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy for only $15 a month I can give more of my personal information to social media companies

What's not to love?

Crazy to me people will pay for this
People give the government all of their personal information so the government can take their money every time they are paid throughout the year in the hopes of getting a refund the following year. And there are people who love doing this even though they are not given a choice. Oh, and if your math is wrong, they can come arrest you. Now that is crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Tsukiru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F