Muddled through, still struggling...

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got hekate, runs fine with Atmosphere. I've got DBI on and installed from a game card to my SD, copied over fine. But I get a error with WiFi on of 2155-8007, and with WiFi off of "cannot open"

I'm new to this, found nothing definite, or old, tried to get sigpatches, have installed AIO Switch updater, but get same error

Anyone help please?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That just means you block connection to the Nintendo server(s). Are you trying to run a game with internet access to the Nintendo server or is it during DBI?

Reactions: Hayato213

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you trying to do 2155-8007 point to server communication?
Just trying to open game, I've set manual DNS as recommended. I don't want to connect to any servers

That just means you block connection to the Nintendo server(s). Are you trying to run a game with internet access to the Nintendo server or is it during DBI?
"Just block Nintendo servers" - So how do I get past that as the game won't open

Do all games not have internet? Or just the ones that I've tried? Its not during DBI, the games are showing on the Home Screen fine, clicking on them to run, gets this error on both I've tried so far

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It depends on that have an online feature or not, if the game try to connect online it would explain the 2155-8007, you can try exosphere to properly block Nintendo Server communication.
No idea if that have online, I'm not bothered for online play anyway, just want the game to run. Even if I put into flight mode, or say I was somewhere on a bus/train/park with no WiFi the game just errors as well, so how will this work?

Should I put the DNS back to auto and try? what's risk? I don't want to get banned, don't want to connect and play online etc. But still have same prob as if I didnt have WiFi

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea if that have online, I'm not bothered for online play anyway, just want the game to run. Even if I put into flight mode, or say I was somewhere on a bus/train/park with no WiFi the game just errors as well, so how will this work?

Exosphere blank out your system serial number while in CFW.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exosphere blank out your system serial number while in CFW.
Is there a guide to do this?

So once I do this I can go back to DNS auto settings?

What happens if no WiFi though, as it seems the game needs to connect when opening? Is this normal on all games?

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after making that ini file, I rebooted to payload and started sysCFW. Do I now change the DNS back to auto?
Do I also have to put the host files on exosphere link?

You can use it along with 90dns if you want, just extra layers. There is a 90dns tester app.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so tried and still get error, with manual DNS.

Changed DNS to auto, and same error 2155-8007.

tried Linkalho, did what it said and linked, tried game and now says "Nintendo Account is required"

Last edited by MrMrMr,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok so tried and still get error, with manual DNS.

Changed DNS to auto, and same error 2155-8007.

tried Linkalho, did what it said and linked, tried game and now says "Nintendo Account is required"
Then you managed to UNLINK your account x3

Link it again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc