Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force launches on Steam on Feb 14th

logo.png
Idea Factory and Compile Heart are bringing the popular enhanced version of Fairy Fencer F to PC on Steam. It will feature better graphics than it's PS4 counterpart, and will also have Steam Trading Cards and Dual Audio support. There was also talk about a Deluxe version but details are not yet available.

LOS ANGELES, CA., February 2, 2017 - You've got a hot date with some fairies, Fencers, and goddesses when Fairy Fencer F™: Advent Dark Force releases this Valentine's Day, February 14 on Steam for PC! This release brings Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force to North America and Europe with improved graphics in glorious 1080p! There's also a Deluxe Edition to sweeten up your Valentine's Day so get ready, details are coming soon!
> Originally released for the PlayStation®4 system, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force takes place in a land filled with power-imbued weapons known as Furies, the Fencers who wield them are locked in combat to collect as many Furies as possible. The unassuming hero Fang finds himself caught up in their struggle when he pulls a sword from a stone. With up to six characters on the battlefield, enemy-turned-friend party members, and a customizable world, join Fang and his band of Fencers in an epic battle to revive the Goddess or the Vile God!

Source

Last edited by Chary,

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the 1st out of curiosity, but dem script and vaing was just way lower than what i can tolerate. Hopefully, this new version is at least bearable.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I know what I'll be doing on Valentines Day.
Weeping over Persona 5's original release date?

Glad to see this coming to Steam. Can't argue with more Japanese developers moving their stuff to PC...although IFI has been a little hit-or-miss with their ports lately.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeping over Persona 5's original release date?

Glad to see this coming to Steam. Can't argue with more Japanese developers moving their stuff to PC...although IFI has been a little hit-or-miss with their ports lately.
I'll be behind whatever games Idea Factory releases. The stories are cheesy I'll admit but I'm drawn to that gameplay and all the different quest that's available. I enjoyed the first game so I'm confident this will be great too.

Reactions: Chary

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the 1st out of curiosity, but dem script and vaing was just way lower than what i can tolerate. Hopefully, this new version is at least bearable.
The script and voice acting isn't going to suddenly become great because of a deluxe edition. I can't really get into Idea Factory games (other than Hyperdimension Neptunia because Nepnep is so gosh darned adorable). Like you said, the voice acting is often below par, and just like this game (at least the original version) the gameplay gets stale quick and it either ends up being super hard, super easy, or super "hard" (i.e. enemies have tons of health but there's no risk of you losing). I don't know why it's so hard for JRPG developers to create a game with a comfortable difficulty curve...

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I fucking loved the first one, Hope this 1.5th one is Longer and with more battle Skills/Spells.

Also hope the 1st and 2nd Fairize themes are well remixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...