Hacking "fake" Homebrew games

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just make sure your fake games have decent size to look legit.

But I personally wouldn't play homebrew games sent to me by unknown person.

Oh it can be any size as long as it´s not 2kb.
They can´t be played at all.

Before you continue, I would like to note AGAIN (it's like the third time I say this) that DS-X already supports 2 Mbit (Mario Kart, Metroid PH, SimCity DS JPN, Hoshigami JPN, many others) AND 4 Mbit saves (Pokemon D/P). It in NOT a save size support question, but a PROTECTION check on Zelda, SimCity EUR/USA and Hoshigami USA.

That´s why ive asked 4 TIMES already about if it´s 2 or 4. And if it´s a protection check. How come it works on the other carts?

Why would you make a fake homebrew game anyway? Just be totally annoying? I don't mean to be harsh but its tw*ts like you that make fake crap like "Manhunt 2 (PAL) (DORANDO)".

Fun? Gee, you must be a Anti-Ds-X. What´s ManHunt 2?

QUOTE(pika3000 @ Jul 3 2007, 01:43 PM)
It wasn't a good idea to make the idea public, some fan can easily warn the DS-X team about this and have the thread as proof.
Okay let´s see... A topic made to send to Ds-X to make them fix a issue.
Now who the f**k is so dumb that he TELLS the company that these are fake games that are to FIX a issue with the cart.
I´m SURE as h*** they also want the games fixed. I mean cmon! Don´t be stupid! We just want it fixed.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fun? Gee, you must be a Anti-Ds-X. What´s ManHunt 2?

Nah dude I just used the resent manhunt debate as an example of people releasing fake content onto the internet.

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Okay let´s see... A topic made to send to Ds-X to make them fix a issue.
Now who the f**k is so dumb that he TELLS the company that these are fake games that are to FIX a issue with the cart.
I´m SURE as h*** they also want the games fixed. I mean cmon! Don´t be stupid! We just want it fixed.

Whether they want it fixed or not they may report you anyway as they are loyal to the company.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's pretty cool that you are actually the first person trying to make some effort into getting it resolved supposing that the DS-X team would even bother. I can only imagine the mods of the ds-x fourm want a resolution just as fast for this problem so people will stop spamming there fourms over this problem, so I can't see them complaining too much.
But yea keep up the good work, they look cool none the less!

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"sigh"

Here i am, trying to send into Ds-X so they can fix there cart... Just so i can play some games...
And what do i get... people being negative.

I´m getting so mad at you guys now! I´m trying get them to fix it!!!

Okay, sure it might not work, but at least i´m trying unlike you guys!!!

So if you wanna go tell em, DO IT! Whatever! I´m close to give up this idea cause you guys are so dumb idiots that just sit at your lazy butt and don´t do a thing other then whine about it! Whine less and try fix it yourself. Ugh! >_<

And thank you Jawas.

At least i´m doing something!
hate2.gif

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
That´s why ive asked 4 TIMES already about if it´s 2 or 4. And if it´s a protection check. How come it works on the other carts?

How do you explain SimCity DS JPN and Hoshigami JPN are working?

It doesn't matter 2 o 4 Mbit, DS-X supports both. The problem is current DS-X EEPROM access routine fails the check, whatever it is. Those games are detecting something "wrong" upon trying to save (writting to DS-X EEPROM) and refuse to continue.

The other carts work because:

1. Their teams (contrary to the DS-X team) found a fix to bypass the protection check (that's why firmware 1.10 is required for R4/M3 to play ie Zelda, please correct me if I'm wrong)

or

2. Their save management, contrary to the DS-X one, is well designed in the beginning (N-CARD was allowing to play Zelda without any firmware update, again correct me if I'm wrong). This is like G6 Real being the only flashcard being able to connect to PBR. G6 team did something right when designing it.

You missed my point KirbyPink. I was just trying to help you to avoid look like an idiot using that "2M/4M save support required" slogan.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean that we are not trying to solve this problem too.

Personally, I think lying to attempt to solve the problem is a poor way and tiptoes around the matters. I'd rather just tell them exactly what I think and > let it be known < .

P.S. Spelling mistakes hurt me so.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a matter of duping the DS-X team, I'm assuming an admin can just nuke this thread if you plan to spread stuff around.

Believe me Kirbz, if half of these guys had a DS-X, you'd better believe they'd have a different opinion towards your plan. At least you're willing to contribute.

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

nietz1950

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now the fix will take even longer to come out as some DSX developer spends weeks trying to figure out why these "popular" homebrews still won't work.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pft...sick.

Maybe he was? I know he wasn't on IRC for more than a week, but i've seen him back online today.

At least it's news and they say they will work on the 2MB save problem. At least now the argument about how they won't fix it since no homebrew uses that format is not valid. No need to fake an homebrew now...
wink.gif

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Double post reply uptade
APPERENTLY the issue as been fixed. So, i see no reason to post this on the DS-X board. But, hey it was fun while it lasted.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Double post reply uptade
APPERENTLY the issue as been fixed. So, i see no reason to post this on the DS-X board. But, hey it was fun while it lasted.
QUOTE(Konfucius @ Jan 1 1153, 08:00 AM)When you are last poster in thread, it is common courtesy to edit your last post instead of making new post.

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Double post reply uptade

Confirmed that the issue has been resolved. The solution is to replace the arm7.bin file from a JP game (e.g. #0864) with the one in the protected game; Zelda, Sim City etc.

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed that the issue has been resolved. The solution is to replace the arm7.bin file from a JP game (e.g. #0864) with the one in the protected game; Zelda, Sim City etc.

Sorry but the issue has not been resolved. That solution is just a workaround. I want the "drag and drop" functionality I paid for.

Well, I'm sure the DS-X team will release a FW-update that does this .. soon enough.

But as today, this is the only solution - and a very easy one as well. Just be happy that you didn't have to flash your firmware or something like that. I'm more than happy with it. (You can "drag and drop" as much as you want after you've patched your game
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: WUT! Get my belt. +1