Falling behind . . .

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
at least here in México, the system has never encouraged creativity.

It only cares about you getting to middle school so you can work in the factories so more rich people invest here.

At least your country wants you to get somewhere...

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Looks like things are changing.

Things are not the same anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...ths-textbooks-to-be-translated-for-uk-schools

Looks like the Western education system that we all use to be so proud of is a thing of the past.

It boggles my mind how every week pretty much there is a new story on how Far East Asia is killing it in Math and Science.

Yeah we have online services now that simply education like Math.com, StudyPug or Thinkific, yada yada yada . . . but the real change needs to happen in our school systems.

I think it’s because we became to obsessed with grades instead of encouraging creativity.
I wouldn't worry too much. The Asian mentality is very different from western mentality. Westerners think of putting men on the moon, solving problems, discovering the secrets of the Universe, etc... Asians apply their aptitudes towards copying and mimicking everything the west does. The west hires these Asians to do all the number crunching and dirty work, but the real creative thinking and innovation comes from western minds regardless if these westerners are the best at math or not. It's just fundamental cultural differences that makes it this way, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I wouldn't worry too much. The Asian mentality is very different from western mentality. Westerners think of putting men on the moon, solving problems, discovering the secrets of the Universe, etc... Asians apply their aptitudes towards copying and mimicking everything the west does. The west hires these Asians to do all the number crunching and dirty work, but the real creative thinking and innovation comes from western minds regardless if these westerners are the best at math or not. It's just fundamental cultural differences that makes it this way, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Thing is, you're much more likely to find a job in a field where many people are required rather than a creative one where you constantly need to compete and re-invent yourself to eat every month.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thing is, you're much more likely to find a job in a field where many people are required rather than a creative one where you constantly need to compete and re-invent yourself to eat every month.
Thing is, in a perfect world, companies out there would like all their employees to be creative, innovative, problem solvers. If said company hires a bunch of Asians, don't count on staying competitive. Japanese would be the exception to this rule. I like the contributions the Japanese have made to the world, especially when it comes to electronics. The Chinese on the other hand... Even with 1.5 billion people at their disposal, they haven't contributed jack shit to the collective knowledge of humanity. That's because of the cultural differences I referred to earlier. However, the Chinese and Asia at large is very skilled and industrious when it comes to copying, and making counterfeit everything out there. I worked for a large, global corporation for 10 years, side by side with Chinese, Indians, and Europeans. I can tell you that the Asians were pretty useless in the meeting rooms when it came to thinking up, and articulating new ideas.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill