Fallout 76 releases on Steam April 7th, coincides with the Wastelanders expansion

Ready to give Fallout 76 another chance? Bethesda sure hopes so, with the announcement of the release date for the Steam version of the game. That won't be the only new thing for Fallout 76, as that same day, the Wastelanders expansion pack goes live, finally adding NPCs to the post-apocalyptic world of West Virginia. Announced at last year's E3, the Wastelanders update brings factions and a reputation system, voiced dialogue with NPCs, quests, enemies, and a ton of buyable in-game DLC items. Is this enough to entice you into trying Fallout 76, either for the first time, or to pick it back up again, or has Bethesda's track record with the game left you uninterested?

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yet another piece of junk hits the Steam store; I wish Steam Direct was damn-near impossible for scammers like Digital Homicide, Berdyev, Dexion Games, and Bethesda to circumvent in order to flood the platform with their asset flips and knockoffs.
I know it's the cool thing to shit on steam's game library now, but this is a big game from a big publisher. If they wanted to, it would have gotten onto steam, Steam Direct or not.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's the cool thing to shit on steam's game library now, but this is a big game from a big publisher. If they wanted to, it would have gotten onto steam, Steam Direct or not.

Eh, only among ignoramuses that would rather watch YTubers play games and talk about the industry as opposed to, you know, playing games.

I'd rather get my opinions from the last group of people. Primary sources as opposed to secondary sources, you know?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was trying to make a joke, whereby I refer to Bethesda as a scammer on the same level as the guys who targeted Jim Sterling and SidAlpha.

...Guess it wasn't much of a joke...oh well. I tried.

D

Deleted User

Don't fix the game, just spread the broken pile of garbage to more platforms so more people can get infected. Duh, everybody knows that is the first thing you should ever think about when your game is critically panned across the board, just "well, we can still make money, so make more!". Actually though, my fucking dad plays this game all the time, somehow sinking like 100 hours into the fucking thing, and it's kinda sad. He genuinely likes the game and doesn't understand what everything wrong with it is. One time when I was around, he showed me his house in the game and as he was walking around, he was telling me that he does not understand why people say the game is broken, and then goes on to clip through his wall, disappear multiple times during SCRIPTED INTERACTIONS, textures kept bugging out, the game somehow dropped more frames than a drunken photographer, and also crashed the game twice. Wow. And I promise you, I'm am not making this up. The game is just that broken. Even worse is that my brother also purchased the game for use on my dad's computer, as he does not own his own, and he did it to play with the my dad. So I have to live knowing that I have two copies of Fallout 76 in my household. Anyways, the reason why I pointed that out was to say that my fucking family is probably going to buy the game a third time on Steam.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't fix the game, just spread the broken pile of garbage to more platforms so more people can get infected. Duh, everybody knows that is the first thing you should ever think about when your game is critically panned across the board, just "well, we can still make money, so make more!". Actually though, my fucking dad plays this game all the time, somehow sinking like 100 hours into the fucking thing, and it's kinda sad. He genuinely likes the game and doesn't understand what everything wrong with it is. One time when I was around, he showed me his house in the game and as he was walking around, he was telling me that he does not understand why people say the game is broken, and then goes on to clip through his wall, disappear multiple times during SCRIPTED INTERACTIONS, textures kept bugging out, the game somehow dropped more frames than a drunken photographer, and also crashed the game twice. Wow. And I promise you, I'm am not making this up. The game is just that broken. Even worse is that my brother also purchased the game for use on my dad's computer, as he does not own his own, and he did it to play with the my dad. So I have to live knowing that I have two copies of Fallout 76 in my household. Anyways, the reason why I pointed that out was to say that my fucking family is probably going to buy the game a third time on Steam.

This is like unironically enjoying The Room.

Reactions: Deleted User

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The game was a broken mess, and continues to be pretty broken, but I enjoyed it for what it was - a little multiplayer distraction. The addition of player-ran shops and other QOL did improve the experience, and the DLC looks interesting, so perhaps this is what the game needs, and what it should've been from the start. I'm not holding onto hope though, because I've heard all this before, Todd.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No thanks. What I've heard of fallout 4 made me think it's worse than 3 (which was good, but different than my favorite 1&2 fallouts). And what I've heard of 76 makes me think it's worse than that, so...

...why would I want to give my precious gaming time to a game that already had its chance and screwed it massively? :unsure:

(okay, fine: I admit. I'll probably get it if it's in the first tier of a humble bundle. But until then, I'll pass.)

However I am very hopeful that it's review score on steam is mostly negative if not overwhelmingly negative..
Now that you mention it...wouldn't this delayed steam addition be a way to rig the review system?

I mean...it's already so well known that this game is bad that nobody is going to buy it (again) on steam, let alone write a negative review about. :unsure:

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother convinced me to get it so we could play together. Said sure, why not. Bought at launch, couldn't step out the Vault the first two days, I kept falling through the floor, unable to respawn. Went on sale for half off a week later after buying it for full price. My brother played it for a week and stopped. Never got back on.

Fun story: I had a character, bout level 43 or so, just playing the game amid random crashes and then the game crashed, twice. Went back on and he was gone. Poof. Put a ticket in with support like, "What up? My dood is gone off the server." They said I had to leave the Vault to save my character. Lolol. Explained things and they said they would forward it the dev team but there was no way to get my progress back. Took a day off and made another cause I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my moneys worth. Level 128 now. despite the vats crashes that have plagued the game since launch, though I should say "in spite of" lol.

I will say the people I've talked to and played with on it are generally pretty chill and have had some good conversations, usually about other games lol. I haven't played since maybe mid-December, just haven't felt like it. I own it so I may as well check this out when it comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvWZq1S9x0g