Fallout NEW VEGAS BABY!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
brandonspikes said:
TwinRetro said:
It's all good. I'll enjoy my buggy cash-in, no wait, I already am, and it's a hell of a lot better than Fallout 3.

The fact of the matter is, a franchise in and of itself is a cash in. Mario? Cash-in. Zelda? Cash-in. Def Jam games? cizash-izzin. Call of Duty? Cash-in! Mega Man? More like Mega Cash-in. Resident Evil? Cash-in. Would you like me to continue?
The difference between those games and fallout , is the fact that at least if they're cash-ins they aren't plagued with unplayable bugs.

So, what say you when the patches are released? (PC patch is already in the wild) and again, I say greatly exaggerated with the unplayability.

D

Deleted User

TwinRetro said:
brandonspikes said:
TwinRetro said:
It's all good. I'll enjoy my buggy cash-in, no wait, I already am, and it's a hell of a lot better than Fallout 3.

The fact of the matter is, a franchise in and of itself is a cash in. Mario? Cash-in. Zelda? Cash-in. Def Jam games? cizash-izzin. Call of Duty? Cash-in! Mega Man? More like Mega Cash-in. Resident Evil? Cash-in. Would you like me to continue?
The difference between those games and fallout , is the fact that at least if they're cash-ins they aren't plagued with unplayable bugs.

So, what say you when the patches are released? (PC patch is already in the wild) and again, I say greatly exaggerated with the unplayability.
Pretty sad for a "critically acclaimed" video game to need patching on 3 consoles day one because of game breaking glitches.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we just drop it? Most if not all commercial games are made purely for money. (Well most not all since the games trying to recruit people and the other one which is probably not acceptable to talk about so I'll leave it at that) So what if he doesn't like Fallout New Vegas is there any reason to post arguing with the guy unless he will change or something else happens. Also expansion packs as some people consider it to be aren't always bad. I find the game adds something to the story and gameplay. While it may be a few tweaks and new lands to explore a few tweaks can go a long way which are shown in a lot of expansion packs.

What are you talking about.... If you didn't want the DLC, Collector's Edition, buying it local instead of online and or more quickly then a slow ship then paying 60 dollars for it just seems stupid and unlikely since I doubt any place sells it for exactly 60 maybe 59.99 with tax. The PC version is 49.99 and cheaper if you bought it amazon for 46.99 shipped or another place or person that sold it for cheaper. Plus if you bought the 360 version it was 49.99 shipped for a preorder previously and amazon would of sold it for the price you preordered it for. If your buying the ps3 or 360 version ebay, amazon, gametz sometimes, bonazna sometimes and some other sites have people or will sell it to you for cheaper NEW. 52.99 new and shipped is the cheapest I found reputable seller as well 6 copies left.

He or she never said it needed a online feature to be qualified to be a sequel so why are you bringing that up. Not going over the last part because the amount of things wrong with it just make you seem........

The bugs don't make it unplayable. Less enjoyable would be a better way to put it since I'm still going to play it and some of the other people here would still play it. Though the less then enjoyable bugs make it seem less then fully developed and less then enjoyable.

It does not need patches. While it would benefit from then it does not need them.

Conversation

Person A: I need this medicine.
Person B: You don't need this medicine you want this medicine.
Person A: I need it to live.
Person B: Well then you should of said I need this medicine to live longer.
Person A: I'm leaving the store for another since you were very rude
Person B: Thank you come again.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
My brother recieved his copy of New Vegas today. He tried to install it and discovered that it used the Steam API therefore he can't install the game until its actually released (as of Midnight tonight)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah these days games are starting to use Steam and GFWL to enforce the release date of a game.
Very efficient too for the most part. Though the biggest anti-piracy method is definitely making a majority of game sales online.
New Vegas must have been damn near pure digital downloads (or shipped from Amazon type sites), because it wasn't leaked and cracked until several hours after its initial release on Steam, which is incredibly uncommon for big releases.

Though, it was released on the 19th for NA, I wasn't aware it had a different release date for other regions. Doesn't really make sense to do that these days.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my first freeze at almost 10 hours of gameplay. God, glad I saved. I had just gotten past the area with the ghouls... Ghouls scare me. :/

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sterl500 said:
I got my first freeze at almost 10 hours of gameplay. God, glad I saved. I had just gotten past the area with the ghouls... Ghouls scare me. :/
The part with the night kin in the basement?

If it's the same part, how the f did you beat it?!?

EDIT: Thought I'd better spoiler it, just in case.

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Scott-105 said:
Sterl500 said:

The nightkin in the basement? It was hard as hell, but I beat that quest with my Weathered 10MM Pistol. What also really helped is having companions. Rex and Lily specifically.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
Scott-105 said:
Sterl500 said:

The nightkin in the basement? It was hard as hell, but I beat that quest with my Weathered 10MM Pistol. What also really helped is having companions. Rex and Lily specifically.
How do you even get companions?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
TwinRetro said:
brandonspikes said:
TwinRetro said:

Pretty sad for a "critically acclaimed" video game to need patching on 3 consoles day one because of game breaking glitches.

Fallout 3 is a buggy ass piece of shit but it's still one fantastic game. It's been how long since it's release and there's still crashes bugs, freezes, and various other glitches? But that still doesn't stop you from plugging 100+ hours into that game.

Yeah, New Vegas may be inexcusably buggy, especially considering the time they had to develop it and fix the bugs from Fallout 3 but it still doesn't stop it from being just as deep and atmospheric as Fallout 3.

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Scott-105 said:
TwinRetro said:
Scott-105 said:
Sterl500 said:

How do you even get companions?

You can get Rex (Cyber Dog) from The King in Freeside. When you take the quest to fix him, it will take you to a place in the mountains where there is a doctor that can fix him. There you will also find Lily she is also a Nightkin, and she hits hard (melee) and can take some good hits before going down. You can also find a doctor called Arcade Bannon in The Old Mormon Fort, and you can easily have him accompany you if you have the Confirmed Bachelor perk. He is automatically hostile toward's the Legion, so be careful. And you can find Cass in Mojave Outpost, but you have to go through some serious hoops to get her, but IMO it's worth it. If you do manage to get her, do yourself a huge favor and DONT take her to John-Babtiste in Freeside.

Thats all I know for now.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Scot-105

The trick to that quest is to help the nightkin. I had a lot of trouble trying to kill them all, and I almost succeeded. When you find the Nightkin leader, agree to help them get that shipment of stealthboys. He'll let you into a room with a ghoul that wants you to find his companion in order for him to leave. I didn't want to have to trek back through all those nightkins and find her dead. So I had to find a way up to the second story, and discovered that as the Nightkin leader said the whole place is booby trapped. When I get to the second floor, the ghoul starts to shoot me. Believe me when I say that he is mile easier than a nightkin to kill. After you kill him, hack the terminal in the second floor to discover that the shipment was moved. Then just tell the NK leader that it was moved then they will leave.

I like the varmint rifle you get at the beginning of the game. I have a silencer, extended mags, and a night scope. This just kicks ass on the desert at night, especially when you're hidden.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought NV was an okay game, but I have a huge problem with Obsidian. (Long story) Anyway, besides, a boring story, uninteresting landscape, (Don't argue it's a desert, it's boring and lazy programming) and horrible VO's clouding a great-written scripts, it's a decent game.

The fact that some of the original devs is a nice touch, but the game seems rushed. I dunno, I really don't feel like reiterating my review again.

EDIT: So....I killed Caesar and the entire Centurian army at The Fort with a Super Sledgehammer. Let me tell you something, people. I have never before felt like a God.

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
SubliminalSegue said:
I thought NV was an okay game, but I have a huge problem with Obsidian. (Long story) Anyway, besides, a boring story, uninteresting landscape, (Don't argue it's a desert, it's boring and lazy programming) and horrible VO's clouding a great-written scripts, it's a decent game.

The fact that some of the original devs is a nice touch, but the game seems rushed. I dunno, I really don't feel like reiterating my review again.

EDIT: So....I killed Caesar and the entire Centurian army at The Fort with a Super Sledgehammer. Let me tell you something, people. I have never before felt like a God.

Especially when you take out all those damn Praetorian Guards. Fuck they were annoying. That being said, much caps were to be had when I sold all of the Ballistic Gloves (after I repaired them all to max of course.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...