Hacking FAQ about 3ds system update 11.3

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.6 is the latest stable build.

You're right, typo. Maybe it's time for me to go to bed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's a little odd, my n3ds is running the latest hourly build of luma just fine, maybe something went wonky and your a9lh decided to take a nap? lol

Maybe so. Now that it's working, I'm going to do like I should have in the first place and refrain from updating anything until I know what's going on.

I already had my N3ds working fine, I did a CFW install for a friend last night. Was using 3ds dot guide, and on the A9LH install page, per the step, we updated after restoring with CTRTransfer. He got 11.3 and per the "It's safe to update stop asking", I updated too like I dummy.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Question about this bit "also once you get the update nag on a vanilla console you basically cant use the browser to perform any downgrades on a future console though."

What does it mean?? Does it mean if I have a 3ds with 11.2 on it but is is nagging for update I can't downgrade it ?

fortedsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about this bit "also once you get the update nag on a vanilla console you basically cant use the browser to perform any downgrades on a future console though."

What does it mean?? Does it mean if I have a 3ds with 11.2 on it but is is nagging for update I can't downgrade it ?

It just means you can't use the browser as an entryway. You can still use Soundhax to kickstart the downgrade process.

xp5800

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!I am a new user. I'm here because i'm trying to install AL9H+ Luma since seems the better setup at the moment. I'm following this guide : https://3ds.guide and everything is fine. Now im at this point , on SECTION IV - Restoring the system. I already restored sysnand keeping a9hl, and what should i do now is update the console and then install fbi+ luma! Is this gonna work? I was reading is suggested to first update luma using the updater and then update the console

P.S. sorry for the bad english

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!I am a new user. I'm here because i'm trying to install AL9H+ Luma since seems the better setup at the moment. I'm following this guide : https://3ds.guide and everything is fine. Now im at this point , on SECTION IV - Restoring the system. I already restored sysnand keeping a9hl, and what should i do now is update the console and then install fbi+ luma! Is this gonna work? I was reading is suggested to first update luma using the updater and then update the console

P.S. sorry for the bad english
I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Reactions: xp5800

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we should remove this from the 3ds.guide ?
upload_2017-2-8_16-12-34.png

This might cause confusion.. unless it's safe to upgrade but if i read correctly 11.3 patches all known entry points.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should remove this from the 3ds.guide ? View attachment 77560

This might cause confusion.. unless it's safe to upgrade but if i read correctly 11.3 patches all known entry points.
The entry points aren't patched, the payload itself is. Not to mention, 11.3 only effects the HomeBrew launcher. The CFW the guide suggests (Luma3DS) and A9LH work perfectly fine on 11.3. There is no reason to remove it as it's perfectly safe. No HomeBrew isn't a brick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read Luma has been patched and to make it work again I have to update the files using the updater before upgrading the console. That's why I'm asking
Please don't use Luma updater. Download the latest stable release from here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and then update. Luma was not patched.

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
You did not understand my point

I paste below the very first page of the guide. If you read it from UP to Down and you are one of those people that strictly follow instructions you will upgrade your 3DS and end up on 11.3... after this there is no method to actually proceed with the guide!

upload_2017-2-8_16-41-30.png

Last edited by rg,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I paste below the very first page of the guide. If you read it from UP to Down and you are one of those people that strictly follow instructions you will upgrade your 3DS and end up on 11.3... after this there is no method to actually proceed with the guide!

View attachment 77563
Oh yeah I see what you mean. The other pic didn't show that so I assumed it was the end part of the guide telling you to update after the restore. I'd agree, that should be edited.

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 77563
To be fair though, only consoles that have been in stores branded new or used within the last 2 days would actually be 11.3.

The bulk of 3ds consoles are still <11.2, so it is partially valid. Just now we have to add Don't update to the latest version when linking the guide for the guys who ask how to do it.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just wondering this since I have a new 3ds xl pikachu edition pre-ordered. Say you are on 11.2 and looking to install a9lh on your 3ds but you have the browser nag from 11.3. After downgrading to 2.1 would the nag persist hindering the browser from installing a9lh?

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just wondering this since I have a new 3ds xl pikachu edition pre-ordered. Say you are on 11.2 and looking to install a9lh on your 3ds but you have the browser nag from 11.3. After downgrading to 2.1 would the nag persist hindering the browser from installing a9lh?
Yes, but you can use soundhax instead to circumvent this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on...