Hacking FAQ about 3ds system update 11.3

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate a little I'm not understanding how a entry point is going to get the browser to work. Also does soundhax even work on 2.1?
No, soundhax doesn't work on 2.1 "From 9.0.0-7 up to and including 11.2.0-35."..... BUT we've never gotten an update nag on 2.1 even when we used to have to downgrade to 9.2 first so I don't see why this would be any different. It's already been confirmed downgrading works after updating and restoring a NAND from 11.2 so I doubt this is a problem anyway. Not to mention you can just delete the pending titles in FBI to get rid of the nag before downgrading.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate a little I'm not understanding how a entry point is going to get the browser to work. Also does soundhax even work on 2.1?
I mean soundhax IS the entry point, no browser needed. But you shouldn't have to worry about nag on 2.1

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, soundhax doesn't work on 2.1 "From 9.0.0-7 up to and including 11.2.0-35."..... BUT we've never gotten an update nag on 2.1 even when we used to have to downgrade to 9.2 first so I don't see why this would be any different. It's already been confirmed downgrading works after updating and restoring a NAND from 11.2 so I doubt this is a problem anyway.
Awesome, I appreciate the quick response. I was guessing that 2.1 wouldn't have the nag after I downgraded. But I figured I would be good to ask before I started the process and ended up with a n3ds on 2.1. Thanks again for the info.

xp5800

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The entry points aren't patched, the payload itself is. Not to mention, 11.3 only effects the HomeBrew launcher. The CFW the guide suggests (Luma3DS) and A9LH work perfectly fine on 11.3. There is no reason to remove it as it's perfectly safe. No HomeBrew isn't a brick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please don't use Luma updater. Download the latest stable release from here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and then update. Luma was not patched.
That's all I needed to know Really thanks for the clarification!

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. So, I just downloaded JKSM.cia. To use it with fbi all I need to do is put in the CIA folder inside the SD card?
yes. go to your cia folder, install it, and it will be on your home menu.
once its installed, you can delete the cia afterwards.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, can someone help me out here, please. I entered in the luma icon in the homemenu to search for an update but an error message poped up and the 3ds rebooted. Can I only check for an update during the boot then? if so how do I do it? I think I have 6.6 but I have to be sure.

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can someone help me out here, please. I entered in the luma icon in the homemenu to search for an update but an error message poped up and the 3ds rebooted. Can I only check for an update during the boot then? if so how do I do it? I think I have 6.6 but I have to be sure.
You have luma updater right?

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DONT use the updater. use the latest stable, which is version 6.6, which i linked in the OP

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1