Gaming FarCry Without a Disc?

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently found a brand new copy of FarCry for the PC, and it's AMAZING! However, my brother and I have play it on two different computers, so I have to wait for him to finish playing so I can get the disc! :P Is there any way for me to play it without the disc? (Legally)

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legally? eh... you'd be best buying a digital version. Also you could try getting a no cd patch. A lot of people are fickle about them because of piracy BUT... they're actually legal to use.. if you own the game that is. I use them all the time for my older games unless of course they're the rare few that require a CD to be in the drive for something like music(I'm talking about the old 90s games).

There's also software out there that can copy your cd files or make a slight patch so you no longer have to use a CD BUT they're about as pointless as it gets because guess what? you'd need the CD for those files :P

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, technically, backing up the disk image (iso) and using a crack shouldn't be illegal. Other than that...well...not much I can think of.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Using one copy on more than one PC at a time is actually illegal unless the license specifies otherwise, which is unlikely. One copy is to be used on one PC at a time, you can't use it on numerous stations simultaneously.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Legally? eh... you'd be best buying a digital version. Also you could try getting a no cd patch. A lot of people are fickle about them because of piracy BUT... they're actually legal to use..
Actually legally they are illegal. Just possessing the disc isn't enough, license which you purchase for the game is tied to the physical disc itself. Game must be launched however the publisher designed it to do, which is from the disc.

Furthermore, like Foxi4 have said, license restricts one copy may be launched at a time unless otherwise specified.

I suggest either buy the game digitally, or just ignore the whole legal aspect and use no-cd patch.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh... well if you wanna be a stickler for rules then sure. Then again by even sharing the game with a friend he's doing something bad. I think things like this remind me of how people are against illegal stuff yet have no problem downloading music or videos.

Yeah its illegal but to what end? That's up for you to decide and honestly I'd go with the nocd just because of the fact you no longer need the cd in your drive. However if you're really against doing anything illegal then you already blew it pal! you screwed up! the feds are gonna get you and your friend too! you're gonna go to jail for a long time. :D

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh... well if you wanna be a stickler for rules then sure. Then again by even sharing the game with a friend he's doing something bad. I think things like this remind me of how people are against illegal stuff yet have no problem downloading music or videos.

Yeah its illegal but to what end? That's up for you to decide and honestly I'd go with the nocd just because of the fact you no longer need the cd in your drive. However if you're really against doing anything illegal then you already blew it pal! you screwed up! the feds are gonna get you and your friend too! you're gonna go to jail for a long time. :D

See, that friend is my older brother! XD He has a computer that he uses for his College work, and I have my own computer for Highschool! ( Freaking 5 page papers...) So, we're good! ;)

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, that friend is my older brother! XD He has a computer that he uses for his College work, and I have my own computer for Highschool! ( Freaking 5 page papers...) So, we're good! ;)

Meh, you should know that there isn't a "legal" solution to your "problem" other than shelling out more money for an older game, lol.. Just clone the disc and use a no-cd crack, bam. It'll save you money, no one is really going to care, and you're not going to get caught unless you pick a retarded method for getting the crack.

Reactions: mbcrazed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?