DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Currently have my hacked switch running nsp files on a 256gb fat32 sd, I really don't want to format my sd card into exfat unless there is a way I can copy/paste my current data back, but Im pretty sure if I format my sd I would have to re-apply my hacks/payloads/saves/etc all over again which is a pain. Currently looking for a way around tranfering files larger then 4gbs on the sd card, is it possible to split nsp files? I heard that there is a FTP homebrew, could I transfer larger files on that? and if so do I need to connect to the internet in order to use the FTP? Thanks for any and all replies, greatly appreciated!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Just copy your files to PC and format as exfat, put it back on switch so the switch download the exfat support.
After that you put your files back, there is no need to re-apply all your hacks, they will works fine.

Also you can't split nsp files.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just copy your files to PC and format as exfat, put it back on switch so the switch download the exfat support.
After that you put your files back, there is no need to re-apply all your hacks, they will works fine.

Also you can't split nsp files.
If I was todo this would all my games be deleted from the switch? Would I need to reinstall all the NSP files regardless if I copy the content back over?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing gets deleted. Switch doesn't create hidden partitions or anything, it's all there out on the open on the SD card. Installed content is in Nintendo folder, Homebrews, payloads and such are only copied onto the SD anyway. It's basically like migitating to a larger SD - just backup all the SD card contents to PC, and copy them back after formatting to Exfat. Done. Everything's like it was before.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing gets deleted. Switch doesn't create hidden partitions or anything, it's all there out on the open on the SD card. Installed content is in Nintendo folder, Homebrews, payloads and such are only copied onto the SD anyway. It's basically like migitating to a larger SD - just backup all the SD card contents to PC, and copy them back after formatting to Exfat. Done. Everything's like it was before.
Did it! Seams to all be working just fine! Awesome!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu