Oxa

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Zero4, has released a test build patch today.

Patch open for testing!

Google for Zero 4 Translation, check their forums, you will need the original disc and it is recommended you have a NAND backup...

The patch runs off a dol file.

Team Zero4:

http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It uses some weird patching process and does NOT describe how it works or at least what it does, but says it's beta and can brick and stuff...

When these people don't even tell what they do, and with which IOS they mess, i can't recommend anybody to try it. Also it *looks* like it will only work with retail discs and modchips, but i can't say for sure, because there's no info what this patching does. Maybe there's some info in the patch package, but i won't download and break law, just to read the readme.

K

Kurisuellegarden

These Patches are Unsupported: If you use them, report what happened here. DO NOT USE WITHOUT A BACKUP. As the uninstaller isn't working yet, you will need to manually delete IOS 202 once complete, it's okay to leave it though as long as you don't use it.

How to test: Run the either the dol or elf from the file, and report what happened. Try to run the game, and report whether it ran or not. Instructions are not provided for how to run dol or elf files - if you don't know you probably do not have protection and may end up destroying your Wii.

USER: Tested boot.dol
It downloaded the tickets and installed them. However, the disc is still not recognized by the disc channel on my pal wii v.4.1E[/quote

I'm guessing it installs tickets and does something with IOS 202, and they said they need someone who can run the game through the "Disc Channel" so maybe this patch might work with people with cIOSCORP installed?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kurisuellegarden said:
I'm guessing it installs tickets and does something with IOS 202, and they said they need someone who can run the game through the "Disc Channel" so maybe this patch might work with people with cIOSCORP installed?

Form what i have head, it uses some kind of hybrid dip module that reads the patched files from sd and the other ones from disc. That's why i think it won't work together with any softmod cIOS. But this info is months old now, i don't know how they do it and i can't see any info on that.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Form what i have head, it uses some kind of hybrid dip module that reads the patched files from sd and the other ones from disc. That's why i think it won't work together with any softmod cIOS. But this info is months old now, i don't know how they do it and i can't see any info on that.

Emi admin:
QUOTE said:
Asking if the patch will work with certain mods, freeloader, homebrew, gecko, etc is OK)
Asking how to install or obtain such mods... is not. That's all. Killbill's question was fine.

Tempus:
Oh, in that case I can say that all the testing is done via homebrew and that is completely possible to apply the patch to an ISO on your computer rather than on-the-fly. ISO's can be treated in any of the conventional manners you may know of.

So when they release the patchfiles you should be able to use them to patch an iso apparently.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess they want legit importers to be able to play it too, but instead they're making it a total fiasco, bleh

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PNo4 said:
Tempus:
QUOTE said:
Oh, in that case I can say that all the testing is done via homebrew and that is completely possible to apply the patch to an ISO on your computer rather than on-the-fly. ISO's can be treated in any of the conventional manners you may know of.

So when they release the patchfiles you should be able to use them to patch an iso apparently.

Thanks. But it still would be better if they would tell what it does. I guess i just have to wait for a final release until i get more answers. (or i could ask direclty, but i'm too lazy)

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What the patch will do:

Semi-Technical Description:
The patch will boot from an SD card, and run executable which will intercept and modify the DVD calls from the Wii and pass them through a script which will replace data with data from the SD card located in the same relative directory. This essentially allows loading of game resources by replacing the data with your own on the SD card.

Installation:
Will be simple and easy, should everything work as planned. You will need to download the patch (which may be quite large), and place everything inside the patch folder on the root of an empty SD card of sufficient size. Then, simply go to the Menu: Settings » Data Management » Wii Channels and it will load the file. This is still subject to much change, without notice or guarantee!

Will this work with my backups:
Ha ha, that's a good one. No, this patch will not work with your softmod. No, this patch will not work with your ?backup?. This patch will only run with the game placed inside the Wii disk tray, and being able to do that is both the most difficult and most impressive part of this patch.

fyi since the patch says it will load data off the sd card, and the patch doesn't come with any such data, the testpatch isn't at all a translation release, its just testing his dvd call patches probably

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what this patching does i would say it's "just" a cIOS that can read from disc and sd card at the same time for game data. From what it says "The patch will boot from an SD card[...]", it sounds like a temporary cIOS like the one from cBoot2. A cBoot2 cIOS wouldn't require to have the trucha bug, and it wouldn't do changes to the nand, especially no dangerous ones. Let's see what these guys are up to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu