Father's Day, What do for your father?

Z

Zorua

Can we get back to the topic?

The OP wanted to know what everyone's gifting their fathers on fathers day, but it seems like this thread has turned into a "I hate my dad/grandma/relative thread".

This wasn't the topic that the OP wanted people discussing on......

T

tigers_ran

smile72 said:
chris888222 My grandmother mistreated my mother when she was young and ended up kicking my mom out to live on the streets. I lok down on her to this day, just like I do on the rest of my garbage family.
my grandpa mistreated my dad and because of it my dad mistreated me. i fucking hate them both. i dont plan on having kids so the chain of hate can stop with me.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Sebastian said:
Father's Day is comming, Do U find the perfect to thank for all he's done?
Anyway and Anythings....
I intend to buy an affordable gift for my Dad.
about what? im thinking....
What about you, All guys?
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

OP
My dads dead so I cant give him anything. Books and chocolates were my dads favourites. We used to get a basket and decorate it and fill it with little chocolates and things he liked.
smile.gif

SamAsh07 said:
You live in U.S. right? Hm I found my answers, see ya
wink.gif

Trolling, I would have expected better of you. You aren't normally like this. Up until this I have always respected your posts.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ May 18 2011, 11:16 AM)
I feel bad for these kind of people really, and the problem mostly resides in the west....the only sole reason being - improper raising of child. Anyways, lets not wander off-topic and start a debate (which I hate doing). Chill
cool.gif
Then don't make a racist posts. Or I'll start listing all the Middle Eastern Countries were fathers sell their often prepubescent daughters to old men. Bad parents exist all over the world!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@mabilouz - I'm surprised to see someone even respected my posts and that too on gbatemp...but seriously speaking, that's quite nice to know.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not getting anything for my father, since my father loves being loved.
wub.gif
I don't hate my father because he loves me, and he protects me and our family. Love your father and he'll love you back, just so you know.
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm not doing anything because I haven't seen him for 4 years because he is busy with his other kids, is that a good enough reason to hate on him?

Inazuma Eleven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yeah. Last year, my father got a new iphone 3gs... for father's day, i made him a card expressing gratitude and my love towards him + some useful iphone tips and tricks...
smile.gif

Inazuma Eleven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chris888222 said:
SamAsh07 said:
chris888222 said:
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, just saying! (not aiming at anyone here)

Buying expensive top-notch gifts for your dad does not show true love towards him.

A typical handmade card may even have more 'value' then your $2,000 worth of louis vuitton gifts.
I agree with you, gifts that come from the heart
wub.gif
are of more value than those bought by mindless spending.

EDIT: Message To People Hating On Their Dad/Or Maybe Mom Too:-
Remember guys, don't make fun of your parents or hate on them for some particular reason, because you know, in the future that same reason may become a part of you and soon your kids will hate you for the same reason and the chain goes on. Hating on parents only ruins your future, listen to this call and heed it while you have the chance, or else pay for it later in life.
Well, to be frank, I have a similar hatred with smile, but it's with my grand mom instead. You see, my dad was adopted and she mistreated him since young. Even today, she also mistreats him including me and my l'il bro thru horrible comments saying that 'you don't belong to the family'. I was terribly hurt.

People have their hatred for a reason, I understand how exactly smile feels.
Tempers all understand your story. Hatred cannot be compressed easily... since your grand mom adopted your father, you are a part of the family. If she says that again, slap her, she has no right to say that...one punch and she will be dead, she should know that you are giving her mercy... Teehee
smile.gif
To both smile72 and chris888222

Inazuma Eleven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
smile72 said:
chris888222 My grandmother mistreated my mother when she was young and ended up kicking my mom out to live on the streets. I lok down on her to this day, just like I do on the rest of my garbage family.
Yes . Smile72 I agree in whatever you say. Different ppl look down on different stuff.. well if u have a family like that, just cherish it
smile.gif
may God bless you and your family

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If he was still about I'd get him nothing. That's exactly what he'd have wanted too.

Zorua said:
Does it have any historical significance?
I think not.

Mother's day, Father's day, Valentine's Day, Children's day etc, all of them are marketing gimmicks.
dry.gif

Mothering Sunday (the 4th Sunday of lent) and St Valentines day do have quite a bit of historical significance, if you're a Christian, maybe of certain denominations for Valentines, not sure. But yeah, they got usurped by Hallmark.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont have bunch of money just something small to signify I didnt forget about fathers day... Its the thought that counts IMO not the value of the gift

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, just saying! (not aiming at anyone here)

Buying expensive top-notch gifts for your dad does not show true love towards him.

A typical handmade card may even have more 'value' then your $2,000 worth of louis vuitton gifts.
What if your father is collecting.. let's say Captain America merchandise, and he is only missing one rare, precious object from his collection. It costs $10,000 and it's really rare and you spent a lot of money to find it.

What has more value, a handmade card you made with crayons or that precious collector's item that he has spent his entire life to find that you bought will your entire life savings?

Sometimes, the handmade card isn't always the best idea. Even if you made it "straight from the heart". An item that is both expensive and meaningful sure beats something that's only meaningful and nothing else.

By the way, no, not all fathers are good. If Hitler was a father (hypothetically), would anyone call him good at all? No. Being a father doesn't automatically make a person a good role model that spreads goodness and love to all his children. Fathers are just humans, and like all humans they can be an asshole. Fathers Day is... random. It's just some random day of the year where you're assigned to give presents to your father for no reason but the fact that it's supposedly the day for that. If you want to fucking give presents to your dad and give him appreciation, why the hell do you have to give them that day?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't give a gift for my Father's day. I give a gift to my Father at anytime, any months, and any years for I love my Father everyday. I dont understand why Father's day is on the calendar. Its disgusting and ridiculous. Some people dont loved the Father but gave a gift to father because they have to since father's day is on the calendar. Some people do that. SICKENING! The Father's Day is stupid!

I give to my father at anytime, any months, any years, and encourage to support my father as well. Love is everyday and not once a year! Stupid pagan.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:

About the Hitler thing, he might have being an amazing father, and while I bet if he had have had children it would have at least softened some of his views, there's no reason it would have to. He really believed he was doing the best for the future of the German people, if he'd have had children he'd have believed he was doing the best for them. He would have been doing the wrong things for the right reasons.

And lets take a good person with children. Einstein for example gave fuck loads of money to homeless people. He just didn't care about it. His family where going hungry at the time, he just didn't didn't care. He also had some quite thought provoking ideas on morality which it's hard to disagree with. Or look at Gandhi.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
KingdomBlade said:

About the Hitler thing, he might have being an amazing father, and while I bet if he had have had children it would have at least softened some of his views, there's no reason it would have to. He really believed he was doing the best for the future of the German people, if he'd have had children he'd have believed he was doing the best for them. He would have been doing the wrong things for the right reasons.

The point I was trying to make is being a father does not immediately make you a good person. Just because someone is a father doesn't mean he's an angel right away. Perhaps using a specific person was a poor way to make my point.

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inazuma Eleven said:
yeah. Last year, my father got a new iphone 3gs... for father's day, i made him a card expressing gratitude and my love towards him + some useful iphone tips and tricks...
smile.gif
Yay, I intend to buy a suit of clothes for him. He is not generous for himself.
What's more, I'll go to movie with him that day...
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM