Hacking Faulty Acekard2i

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sup guise. Got this Acekard2i which has been working just fine for about a year or two now, but recently, it had become a lot more likely not to be read when I popped it into my 3DS/original DS, up to the point where it never gets read. Suspecting it to be the contacts on the cart that malfunction or something, so I was wondering if there's some way to clean them with something. Will rubbing alcohol on a cue tip work, just like with NES games? Also, if there already is a thread with flash cart malfunctions, I'd be glad to be redirected, so this thread can be removed.

Thanks,
Glys

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover containing alcobol should be fine too. Removing thepcb from the case first will also be better, if it's one you can take apart easily. But first... do your other cartridges suffer from the same problem?

Have you also tried swapping the memory card from the cartridge with a different one? Incase of fragmentation issues

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's pcb, and how do I remove it from the case?

Other cartridges? What exactly do you mean? Are you referring to other official DS/3DS games? If so, those work just fine.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried all of the paper tricks. The first one worked, but only briefly. Should I just get myself another flash card and try and prevent such issues in the future? Been wanting to maybe get a Supercard, due to GBA emulation and the likes. Anyone recommend that?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
glysegui said:
Tried all of the paper tricks. The first one worked, but only briefly. Should I just get myself another flash card and try and prevent such issues in the future? Been wanting to maybe get a Supercard, due to GBA emulation and the likes. Anyone recommend that?
Buy a Supercard...you won't regret it.

Kasumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem, and am looking to buy several of the same card. I can't chance this manufacturer again, since the few Acekards I have all have this problem and I need several for the devices I own.

I'm looking for a different card with the following features (in order of importance):
1. DSi compatible. (Not necessarily 3DS as of the latest update)
2. Proper argv support. (Extremely important)
3. Solid build quality/Reliability. I can pull the case of an Acekard far enough away from the PCB to stick paper in there, and that shallow part bends and such. The original CycloDS is rock solid.
4. Some type of autoplay. (Acekard and CycloDS both allow you to skip the menu and boot straight to a rom. Acekard does by setting an autoplay the last rom option, and CycloDS does it by running a rom named a certain thing in the root. An option to directly boot a rom is VERY important to me)
5. Fairly easy setup. From what I recall, cycloDS automatically creates the folders it requires if they're not present, while acekard does not. And updating the card is as easy as having the file on the microSD, you don't even have to select it manually. I'd rather not have to go in depth to set up all the ones I plan to buy, but I will if I have to to get the other 4 options.
6. Either comes preflashed (up to the retailer probably)/ or can be updated without a DSi.

Things I don't need:
1. Frequent firmware updates from the manufacturer. I only use it for homebrew, so the card not being updated with game compatibility fixes is not an issue.
2. DSi mode access for running DSiware games.

In case it's not clear, I'm a pretty big CycloDS Evolution fan, but that won't work on DSi. I know about the iEvolution, but I've heard it's dodgier than the original. Supercard is also a little cheaper, so if it has an autoplay and solid build quality, it's probably the card for me. Anyone got an M3i? Is it all these things? Should I get my own topic?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Frz3J25ZRw