Hacking few small rxtools questions

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rxtools emunand installed and updated on my O3DS (thanks to those who helped me)
Some cia's I've installed say they have updates available. Is it save to launch them with internet active to download the updates?

My 03DS is on 4.4 and I have a regular DS flashcart. Am I able to install the DS Profile exploit to launch rxtools emunand? If so, can I still use my DS flashcart to play regular DS games?

Inexplicit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-So long as your emunand is 9.9 and the cias you have are for your region, updating them should be fine, but I personally prefer manually installing updates through cias.
-Yes, you are able to install the mset exploit for rxtools. Check the rxtools site for instructions
-You can use your ds flashcart to play regular games, but you need to reinstall the mset exploit every time you are finished with ds games, assuming you use the mset exploit.

Reactions: daicon

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-So long as your emunand is 9.9 and the cias you have are for your region, updating them should be fine, but I personally prefer manually installing updates through cias.
-Yes, you are able to install the mset exploit for rxtools. Check the rxtools site for instructions
-You can use your ds flashcart to play regular games, but you need to reinstall the mset exploit every time you are finished with ds games, assuming you use the mset exploit.
How time consuming is it to reinstall that exploit?

Inexplicit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a good 30 seconds i'd say. You launch your flashcart, launch a .nds, and wait a few seconds for it to patch the exploit. No need to connect to a computer or anything, it can be done on the go. Could be longer with other flashcarts though. I use a dstwo.

Reactions: daicon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong