Gaming FFIV Collection for 3DS - A "what if".

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see V, VI or IX ported to the 3DS. VII & VIII really deserve a high definition remake, something Squenix have repeatedly said is infeasible for them to do right now, but I'm happy to wait.

Honestly, though, what's wrong with making a whole new Final Fantasy for the 3DS? They could really go back to their roots with it and make it a little less linear than recent games.
this!

nerdstick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Petition for dissidia 3DS starting now! FLAME SQUENIX'S EMAIL BOX!

As much as I'd love to see another FF game for 3DS, Dissidia 3 belongs on Vita. Unless you want a Dissidia spin-off, which may as well be Theatrhythm given it features Cosmos.

I wouldn't mind a 3D remake of FFV (such as the case of 3/4 for DS), especially if they could enhance the story a bit. It was the only original FF I couldn't really get drawn into. Unless they'd prefer to skip to the fan-favorite VI, I suppose.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Square Enix should remake final fanatasy V and VI for 3DS
After that they could re-re-remake final fantasy 3 and 4 that I wouldn't bother

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, I want to play FFIV interlude and a full version of the FFIV the after years(hated the DLC system of the wii version), the FFIVDS was pretty good, but had lag.
I'd like a FFV or a FFVI remake tho

batman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've never got any remakes or re-releases of 4. Why not?

...Then again, 4 have recieved a lot more attention from squareE than any other FF. Just look at all those remakes. I figure it's easier to make 2D remakes. Would this be a re-release of the 3d version?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck the OP. FF4 has been released on everything under the sun. If you cant find a way to play 4, interlude, and the After Years, then there is something wrong.

Lets not forget that "After Years" is also one of the worst "games" to bear the crown(?) of Final Fantasy.

I have tons of better suggestions. How about remake 5 and 6 in the chibi style like the DS saw for 3 and 4? How about a new chibi Final Fantasy Tactics A3? How about Dissidia? How about a Final Fantasy original that doesn'tsuck and isn't friggin Kindamn Bleeding Hearts?

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FFIV - SNES
FFIV - PSX (JPN)
FFIV Collection - PSX (JPN)
FF Chronicles - PSX
FFIV - Wonderswan Color (JPN)
FF IV Advance - GBA
FFIV - DS
FF IV Complete Collection - PSP

Yeah, no. IV has enough love by now. They need to work on others now if they want to keep remaking and porting the same games.

And now, IOS version.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I have tons of better suggestions. How about remake 5 and 6 in the chibi style like the DS saw for 3 and 4? How about a new chibi Final Fantasy Tactics A3? How about Dissidia? How about a Final Fantasy original that doesn'tsuck and isn't friggin Kindamn Bleeding Hearts?

I absolutely love the DS chibi style 3 and 4 had. It's too bad that FFVI Android isn't using it, but a really shitty game maker-esque 2D port.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now, IOS version.

What, both the original remake and after years are already on iPhone.

I absolutely love the DS chibi style 3 and 4 had. It's too bad that FFVI Android isn't using it, but a really shitty game maker-esque 2D port.

The thread is around here somewhere, my opinion is the the new mobile port looks really really RPGMaker-esc and I really think its cheap and poorly done. I dont want an original graphics "upgrade" I want to be able to play the games with the same chibi style make over that the others got.

Along with the I can always wish for a Chibi FFTA3... :bortz: with actually rotatable grid boards like the original, but with all the fun of the Advance series.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
SE recently remade FFIV, FFV and VI, as well as The After Years... on iOS and Android. IV, TAY and V works great, but as for VI... I'd describe it with a hungarian poem's first line: "It hurts to see a god in ruins".

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want any more 3D remakes of FF, at least not if they're going to put voice acting in. "Sessil" is a girls name.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Please no. :sad: I love FFIV but it's too much now. Please bring back the epicness and fun that was anything before Final Fantasy VII!

batman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
...didn't know 4 was on the IOS.
I agree that there isn't any need for 3D remakes of 2D games like FF4. I havent'played the 3D version but seen plenty of gameplay etc to know I don't like it. The problem is that these kinds of remakes lacks passion from a whole team of developers like the originals had. Not to mention the budged and level of importance it plays for the company. The end result becomes, more often than not, a very obvious easy cash-in.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Final Fantasy VI for iOS look like an RPG maker game, if we ever see a version of Final Fanatsy V or VI on 3DS,
I hope Square Enix puts a little more effort in it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: