Gaming Fighter RPG

admotonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey just wondering if there are any games for the DS where walk around and level up like an RPG, but battle like a 2D fighter like Bleach blade of fate. Any sugestions?

Cam275

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Their aren't any just like that, but I suggest Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier.
It's the closest thing to what you described on the DS.

Posts merged

Their aren't any just like that, but I suggest Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier.
It's the closest thing to what you described on the DS.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been saying that we need a game like that for literally years now. It would be like a standard RPG as far as the quests and the wandering around and whatnot, but the fights would be like Street Fighter or Tekken. You start out with simple punches and kicks and as you level up you get more moves. Armor could lessen your damage at the expense of moving slower, weapons could strengthen your attack, if you chose a character that would use weapons, other characters would use magic to blast their fireballs or whatever, etc. They've made fighting games before where you have multiple characters you could switch out.......do that with your RPG party characters. Why not?

Simple moves like in Streets of Rage or even Bleach wouldn't cut it, it would have to be closer to Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Tekken and other games like that to be really good.

I honestly don't know why no one has made a game like this yet. It seems like it could be a no-brainer evolution for RPG's to make them fun as opposed to being somewhat boring, tedious and repetitive like they are now (IMO).

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still remember Guardian Heroes from the Sega Saturn very well. You'd like it. Sadly, these games are few and far in between over many systems.

Anyway, if you're playing on a DS or Lite (not DSi), you might be interested in Advance Guardian Heroes. Overlooked by many, but essentially like you describe and quite good. It's from Treasure, after all.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I dunno any fighter with levels but then there are SNES beat em' up games with levelling up like Knights of the Rounds and King of the Dragons

Rayder said:
I've been saying that we need a game like that for literally years now. It would be like a standard RPG as far as the quests and the wandering around and whatnot, but the fights would be like Street Fighter or Tekken. You start out with simple punches and kicks and as you level up you get more moves. Armor could lessen your damage at the expense of moving slower, weapons could strengthen your attack, if you chose a character that would use weapons, other characters would use magic to blast their fireballs or whatever, etc. They've made fighting games before where you have multiple characters you could switch out.......do that with your RPG party characters. Why not?

Simple moves like in Streets of Rage or even Bleach wouldn't cut it, it would have to be closer to Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Tekken and other games like that to be really good.

I honestly don't know why no one has made a game like this yet. It seems like it could be a no-brainer evolution for RPG's to make them fun as opposed to being somewhat boring, tedious and repetitive like they are now (IMO).

This idea is so cool
yay.gif

But game companies are already cashing in big $ with ARPGs.... they would just think 3d fighting are better...

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:

This is every Tales game ever.
Well, ones with the combo counter item or similar.
Lets you fight using commands instead of mapping moves, just like a fighter.

knightguy363

Trophies
XP
Country
dragon ball advance adventure is one o.o well its kinda rpg i guess since you can upgrade attacks and weapons
but its on gba tho

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't understand how people can actually like the total crap that is Draglade. Shitty characters, shitty storyline, horribly short length, and the gameplay style is incredibly repetitive.

Yeah, I sure as hell will enjoy a game where every single character is a generic piece of shit that was created without any usage of creativity, or originality.

The gameplay was hollow, there's barely any challenge, and the rhythem part was absolutely useless. Say what you will, but the game was mediocre at best.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
All the tale games fits perfectly? Tales of Innocence.. Tales of hearts.. Tales of tempest.. A full translation on the game Tales of Innocence is being made and cooming out summer.. Just wait ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU