Gaming File size loss when building a .cia from an encrypted .3ds file through GM9

pancakee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm currently trying to convert an encrypted .3ds file into an installable .cia file, but each time I try to convert it into a .cia (Whether that be through GodMode9's 'Build CIA From File' option, or a tool such as matif's Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor), the file size always seems to drop from 128MB to 62MB, then once installed and selected on the home menu, it just crashes the system.

Is there a way to convert an encrypted .3ds file to an installable .cia file, without a loss of file size of which causes the system to crash when selected?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently trying to convert an encrypted .3ds file into an installable .cia file, but each time I try to convert it into a .cia (Whether that be through GodMode9's 'Build CIA From File' option, or a tool such as matif's Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor), the file size always seems to drop from 128MB to 62MB, then once installed and selected on the home menu, it just crashes the system.

Is there a way to convert an encrypted .3ds file to an installable .cia file, without a loss of file size of which causes the system to crash when selected?
What game are you trying to convert?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Digital versions of the game downloaded from [ eShop / freeShop / CDN server ] are usually smaller than their game cart .3DS converted to .CIA counterpart. The increased size is from the offline system update files.

pancakee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
* Digital versions of the game downloaded from [ eShop / freeShop / CDN server ] are usually smaller than their game cart .3DS converted to .CIA counterpart. The increased size is from the offline system update files.
Sorry, I should've mentioned that this was the updated version, as the original eShop version doesn't allow you to use the app unless it is updated. Once decrypted though, the updated version seems to work fine with Citra, but I still don't understand why 66MB of it is lost when it's made able to be installed through FBI.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should've mentioned that this was the updated version, as the original eShop version doesn't allow you to use the app unless it is updated. Once decrypted though, the updated version seems to work fine with Citra, but I still don't understand why 66MB of it is lost when it's made able to be installed through FBI.
Early .3DS rom leaks have the wrong encryption bit flag set to the NCCH header. To covert these into working .CIA, see this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: