Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series coming to Switch and PS4 on April 19

final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-cjx9496cw.jpg

Originally released on PC and mobile last year, the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series will be coming to Switch and PlayStation 4 on April 19, 2023. Available for individual purchase or as a bundle, this series brings the six NES and SNES Final Fantasy titles to modern platforms with new pixel art designed for HD monitors. The console release will have the same features as last year's release; namely, the updated pixel art, as well as several optional enhancements, like a new orchestral soundtrack, a different font, the ability to turn off random encounters and EXP multipliers.

While pre-orders aren't yet available for the PlayStation 4, the pre-orders on the Nintendo eShop show that the console release will maintain the same controversial price point as the PC release. Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II are $11.99 USD, while the other four will be $17.99 USD each. The bundle for all six games will cost $74.99 USD.

:arrow: Source

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
75? That's uh... that's quite a bit for versions missing content. the xp modifier is nice; less grinding needed. and i'm guessing the ps4 version is ps5 compatible?
I would honestly find it hilarious if they somehow fucked it up so it couldn't run on ps5 right despite the titles relative simplicity compared to modern titles

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does this not come on a disc/cart for the console? Download only? Guess they don't like doing that overseas anymore, just in asia region only. :blink:

They have a waiting list on SE's store. I assume it will open up eventually. Don't buy FOMO.

And they still haven't bothered fixing the font issues. God, that'd be horrendous in handheld mode.

Believe they did, or at least made it optional.

Reactions: godreborn

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
And it still won't have the optional content that came with subsequent re-releases of these six games. Two words:

HARD PASS

(first!)
It's really a shame that they didn't include it. I'd even be ok with it if it was DLC for another dollar or two. As it stands, I only bought FF3 since that one hasn't had a previous 2D USA release. I would have gladly picked up the others if they weren't missing content because the FF3 pixel remaster is really good, and I've seen others play FF4, and it looks like they otherwise did a good job with it too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have a waiting list on SE's store. I assume it will open up eventually. Don't buy FOMO.

Believe they did, or at least made it optional.
Didn't realize you could get on a waiting list. I just did so for the basic package. The 35th anniversary edition is a total ripoff.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does FF1 still keep all the ridiculous glitches and non-functional magic whenever it gets rereleased? I’ve only played it on the NES

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally ! Great news ! Yay !

I also wish they's add all the remake-exclusive content but that content is not that necessary after all. 16-bit-like FF III is a dream come true !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol