Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Adams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12/01/13 week ending report on Sunday (United States time)
3 of 10 Main translators were active
Hakurou translated 273 lines!
Sean translated 51 lines!
Adam's team translated 1149 lines!
1473 of 1000 weekly goal
1473 of 4000 monthly goal
Approx lines of Japanese left: 18489 of 34549
Completed this week: 4.3%
Completed this month: 4.3%
Completed: 46.5%
Completion projection based on this week: 3 months

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Oo naman, I know they're busy person..however if they managed to translate up to 2000 lines even if they are busy, eh di mapapabilis yung translation (the duration of translation will decrease and everyone will be happy). Ayaw nyo nun? (don't you want it?). Basta maniwala na lang tayo sa kanila (just trust them)

Like I said, just try and translate by yourself with the rate you fixed, from any language. Just to see what are you asking from them.
A goal of 3000 words/day (approx a bit less than 2000 lines per week: the rate you're asking for as a goal, a minimal rate, assuming each line has 10 words), which is a rate that even professional paid translators working full-time 8 hours per day struggle and can't keep for long (the average they usually do is 2000words/day). Assuming they work without holidays or weekends. From Japanese which is very hard to translate correctly.
And you are asking them to work at that breakneck pace? As a minimum?
They're not slaves. They're not paid to do this. They have other real life concerns, like school and work, friends, family...
And they only do this in their free time thanklessly and generously.

Please respect the translators and their efforts more.
"HURRY UP" or "WHY ARE YOU NOT TRANSLATING MORE" or "I DON'T CARE IF THEIR BUSY" posts aren't respectful in the least.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, just try and translate by yourself with the rate you fixed, from any language. Just to see what are you asking from them.
A goal of 3000 words/day (approx a bit less than 2000 lines per week: the rate you're asking for as a goal, a minimal rate, assuming each line has 10 words), which is a rate that even professional paid translators working full-time 8 hours per day struggle and can't keep for long (the average they usually do is 2000words/day). Assuming they work without holidays or weekends. From Japanese which is very hard to translate correctly.
And you are asking them to work at that breakneck pace? As a minimum?
They're not slaves. They're not paid to do this. They have other real life concerns, like school and work, friends, family...
And they only do this in their free time thanklessly and generously.

Please respect the translators and their efforts more.
"HURRY UP" or "WHY ARE YOU NOT TRANSLATING MORE" or "I DON'T CARE IF THEIR BUSY" posts aren't respectful in the least.
I'm sorry if someone here was offended, but I didn't say "HURRY UP" or whatever disrespectful words in my post.. I am just only wondering if they can do that someday, and hoping that the others will be on the groove soon. I am not forcing the team to rush the project..

Rada91

Trophies
XP
Country
I read that Sean broke his arm, didn't he? Anyways, AMAZING job guys, i can't wait to finally play this game. At least I have a new 3DS with pokemon X, so the wait will be less painful :P.

So, hopefully, this will be over in february-april, at the same time than Dark Souls 2... Good year this year =D

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
The best thing about this thread is the weekly updates. Thanks so much for those. Not only is it immensely useful so we all know how much y'all are doing (and it's a lot, so that's awesome), but having them there prevents idiots from thinking this project is dead! It's a win-win! :D

Ziggi_Strife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Awsome you guys are on fire. 12 week like this ? Just don't rush to much. we know you guys are gonna do a banged up job ! This team is gonna make miracles happen. =)

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We should probably do some testing after we're done with the bulk of the translation.

But yeah, the translators are making awesome progress!

Yeah, well, there is the CC too, and some spare images... But that represents "little" compared to the main scenario; I mean, still some work to do, but after finishing the main scenario the game should be perfectly playable in English...

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be playable in PPSSPP, regardless of the performance, that can be pretty bad deppending on your specs, but most tests I've done have been played on PPSSPP.

About summer outfits, no, they aren't in the game yet. You can import a japanese save in the translated ISO to have them anyway.

~Sky

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using the Android version, in a Nexus 4, most games run decently. Persona is at 30 (or is it 60?) fps with textures at 3x and resolution at 2x.
I'm still unsure though, I'm going to copy it right now. I'll post if it's good or not later.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AFAIK, there's a problem regarding Qualcomm and its Snapdragon processors, making it a tad slower than other phones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fun fact: popeye with spinach solos