Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well based on the ETA that's based on this weeks report i would say the translation could well finish in a month since they are gonna get that almost there just push a bit more feeling and end up finishing it much faster so that my dear FF lovers is your santa

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well take it easy there,would be nice for an eventual nice little extra thing but for now having the game translated is a lot more than enough

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, we are talking about the story being translated when you guys talk about the percentage of the translation being done.... right? Isn't there a bit more to go after that like the Crimson Codex or something like that?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, maybe it's time to start researching lossless video edition again...

Sky, I've wanted to ask you about this long ago but what are the most commonly used file formats in PlayStation/PSP games for videos/graphics/sound/file archives etc? I mean stuff as widespread as the TIM format. And which ones are covered by the fabled leaked sdk?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, every now and then I update the SVN and I see Sean has translated his batch of 66 lines... The thing is that he does that 4-5 times a day W-T-F? This is crazy, and I can vouch for the fact that it's indeed a very good translation, keeping the original game feeling.

An yeah, there are other things to translate besides the main scenario, but trust me, just the main scenario makes the game playable in English. The rest are:

-Finish the CC (at a rate like this, it could be finished in 1-2 weeks)
-Do the 10 remaining PNG's (no big deal, it's only a matter of deciding what to put in place of those reusable kanjis)
-Do the videos (they are only a few, it's more of a matter of finding out how to edit them without loosing quality).

About the PSP common formats, videas are usually in PMF, which is mpeg2 + muxed at3 audio, textures, in GIM format (which is a container for raw pixel data), audio can also be coded in ad-pcm (usually for mono sfx, while stereo BGM is usually in at3). However, each game is different and Type-0 only use PMF's for the videos, the rest are custom format just for Type-0.

As for the leaked SDK, it will only serve you for GIM pictures, however, it comes with no tools, and the included source is just a set of data definitions that makes it difficult to create any GIM converter: you can use it only to get a general idea how the format works... The rest is up to the programmer.

The SDK also contains sources for the GMO 3D model format. Again, it's just a set of definitions and simple methods. In order to create a GMO converter, you would have to pretty much do everything based on that source (this is one of the things that I did for the dissidia modding project).

~Sky

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw, the main scenario contains some L'cie profile texts... Are those already translated? Sean and Adank were talking about doing them, but IIRC Coredecepts had them already done by Hakurou...

Also, I think I can guess what the present is about... :P

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, in theory it has always worked for the Vita... But due to the lack of kernel exploits, only a few people have been able to prove it (a new kernel exploit has been released recently and more people can play it now ;))

Reactions: Arizato

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, in theory it has always worked for the Vita... But due to the lack of kernel exploits, only a few people have been able to prove it (a new kernel exploit has been released recently and more people can play it now ;))

Good thing I just updated to the latest kernel exploit then. Can't wait to play this when it's done.

Ziggi_Strife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
4 times 66 is 264 lines a day times 7 (one week) is 1848 lines a week !
5 times 66 is 330 lines a day times 7 (one week) is 2310 lines a week !

SO SEAN IS ON FIREEE ! ! !

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All CFW's nowadays can play PSP games, as long as they've been correctly converted; the only thing that could go wrong in the PS3 is the 2GB limit, that the merged ISO bypasses thanks to the Inferno UMD driver for the PSP (but I'm guessing it wont be available in PS3 xD). But hey, it can always be split in 2 UMD's again (IDK is such pain would even worth it lol... Though a true HD Type-0 sound pretty cool)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....