Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tell you what. Don't even count the Midgar pic. Just look at all of the other Crisis Core pics where there's less going on and then do the same to the others. It's still obvious that something's just not right. I can see it. too much distortion. lol it almost looks like VCR quality.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to open your 2+GB yellow.pkg file from your merged ISO somehow?
Noesis doesn't seem to handle that file (retail files from the split ISO work tho).

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sir skybladecloud...ahhhmmmmm.....can you make a new link to your merging iso....a multiple link for the archive of the merging iso.....cuz my internet connection is so slow...and it will took days to complete the DL for the merging iso :(

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
sir skybladecloud...ahhhmmmmm.....can you make a new link to your merging iso....a multiple link for the archive of the merging iso.....cuz my internet connection is so slow...and it will took days to complete the DL for the merging iso :(

I put the latest merge files on mediafire (parts), you can see the link in the comment section (sky's blog)

Reactions: wownmnpare

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's our priority. About Video comparison, they still have the same resolution, always 480*272, and that's how the videos are supposed to look. I'd say youtube videos are using a more complex filtering than the one provided by the emulator, but there is no point in inserting those into the ISO: keep in mind that the natural, untouched video source is always the PMF file inside the game. From there, quality can only decrease. Again, if the video is filtered, is due to an external program. If we had direct video sources (3D models, CGI projects, etc...) we could render them at a higher resolution, but those assets are not in the ISO.

Sky Very thanks to this translation i love final fantasy games you and your team are the best /one question the files not work if my firmware is 5.50?if i not have the inferno driver i canot play the game with the new videos quality?if yes can you put the merging files with the old videos translated because my firmware not suport this game with the new videos quality(more 2g i think)sorry my bad english thanks

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tell you what. Don't even count the Midgar pic. Just look at all of the other Crisis Core pics where there's less going on and then do the same to the others. It's still obvious that something's just not right. I can see it. too much distortion. lol it almost looks like VCR quality.
Could just be compression, then. Square Enix might have had to cut some corners to fit the entire game on one UMD. Does the game fill out a UMD? How much video is in Crisis Core compared to the other games you mention?

Square Enix couldn't fit Type-0 on one UMD, so they put it on two. Maybe this dev team just loves to use video and other assets that take up a ton of space, like voice acting.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have said before the DOOMTRAIN don't make stops for no one. And pfft! Do you think a team with the GILGAMESH FAN KING would end their quest prematurely? I think not. Hark! For we shall tread through the endless void for greatness awaits in the beyond!

Sensible post: Yeah we are still working on it. Don't worry too much. It is as Core says.

Reactions: toroal and nalcwap

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just send a pm to Solar12 asking about the weekly report.
Solar didn't replay to my pm. Maybe the translation is in stall :(

Nice conclusion :glare:
Well... at least you didn't ask for an "alpha patch" like what happened with Arino's Challenge 2 DS, or Summon Night X (in the latter's case the flood of similar messages made the team quit the translation altogether)

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, i wanted to wait until the patch is done before posting here, but I have something to report about the merging files. First of all, thanks to Sky and the whole team for doing this patch, you're f*****g awesome!!! :lol:
So, about the thing I found in the merging files: Whenever I start a new game it just goes black screen, but loading a savedata works fine. Also, it seems like this only happens when you run the game in PPSSPP, it works fine when you try it with a PSP.
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem and if you already know about it (although I don't remember it being mentioned) but i thought it might be interesting for you to know. But as I said, the game runs perfectly well on a PSP, and since that is your priority, it's not even a big problem^^
Anyway, thanks again for doing this, you don't know how much it means to me, and probably everyone else here, to finally play this game AND understand it.
You guys rock!!! :yay:

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i wanted to wait until the patch is done before posting here, but I have something to report about the merging files. First of all, thanks to Sky and the whole team for doing this patch, you're f*****g awesome!!! :lol:
So, about the thing I found in the merging files: Whenever I start a new game it just goes black screen, but loading a savedata works fine. Also, it seems like this only happens when you run the game in PPSSPP, it works fine when you try it with a PSP.
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem and if you already know about it (although I don't remember it being mentioned) but i thought it might be interesting for you to know. But as I said, the game runs perfectly well on a PSP, and since that is your priority, it's not even a big problem^^
Anyway, thanks again for doing this, you don't know how much it means to me, and probably everyone else here, to finally play this game AND understand it.
You guys rock!!! :yay:
i think is because your firmware not have the inferno driver but i not know because sky not answer my question i wait/my firmware is 5.50 d what your?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?