Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

zenjirou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if these present a rom-hacking challenge, or if you're open to jumping in on currently ongoing projects, but what about:

Persona 2:EP (that actually seems like it could be a relatively quick project, if you took the translations from the original US release), Suikoden: Hyakunen, or Sword Art Online (something must be funky about that game, the last time I saw an update on the gbatemp threads, Kirito's legs disappeared)

hmm I second the Persona 2:EP suggestion!

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like it to be a PS3 title, since I've never done a project in that platform (I'd have to get a CFW one, but still, is what I'd like to do xD). Maybe a PS3 game wont be so accessible to gamers, these are all things we have to consider.

A PS3 game you say? I too have been wanting to mess around with PS3 modding and CFW so I can mess with Translations. Was looking into Gundam Breaker since I recently purchased it and it appears to be rather text light.
Alternatively if you could spare a hand with the SD Gundam G Generation games after this project is over I'd appreciate it greatly. Never was able to extract files from those CPK files while maintaining the Filenames and extensions.

That aside, I wish you the best of luck with your Type-0 testing and hope for the best with your Web Services. I hope those DDoS attacks end soon, they're most tiresome.

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baah. I vote for Tales of Vesperia PS3. Because those guys who have been working on it for years now have always seemed to have it like... 99% done... for years... and it never comes out. Not only that, they've made it to where you need to be running a very old firmware on your PS3 to play it. A firmware that most people don't run anymore.

zenjirou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baah. I vote for Tales of Vesperia PS3. Because those guys who have been working on it for years now have always seemed to have it like... 99% done... for years... and it never comes out. Not only that, they've made it to where you need to be running a very old firmware on your PS3 to play it. A firmware that most people don't run anymore.

I also second this... I'm not the happiest fan for it to come to the Xbox instead.. I am bitter.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Third!

Btw, I'm not too knowledgeable on psp CFW, I have 6.60 ME-1.8, will the patch not be compatible with that? Will I need to get 6.60 PRO CFW from wololo?

EDIT: I should say that I HAVE been able to play the extracted ISO with this CFW already.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... that one is pretty popular eh?... Alright then I guess it will be one of the entries of the "What to do next?" poll I'll put in my blog after releasing Type-0.

Huzzah! I'm alright with waiting a bit as I'm saving up for one of the really fancy Japanese PSP 3000's. Only like $100, but bills will make that saving take a while. XD

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An the tales of fans steal the ball!! xD Need to look into a hacked PS3 myself, since I don't wanna CFW my current one.

Aside from that and on a time travelers note, which is completely off topic. Check out the music in it a few are sung in english, Hina's theme, and Ressentiment's theme specifically, kinda neat.

Pedro Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you have tales of vesperia on xbox. translating the ps3 version seems a waste of time since we have so many jap games that didn't release here in either side

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. I don't know much about demuxing videos or programming. I am only a user of free software. :lol:

By the way, I made a tutorial here for merging Type-0 into single ISO. I hope it helps. :)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-on...antasy-type-0-in-one-iso.362170/#post-4919075

Thanks for this Blackfire, I didn't have a clue what to do and this has helped me to understand what to do.

Been lurking here for over 6 months watching how the translation has progressed, just want to add my thanks to the many other people who have already expressed their gratitude for the work Sky and his team have done over the past year. Without you guys it is very likely that we would never see an English-language version of this game - everyone here really appreciates all the time and effort you've put in to this project, and I'm sure it's going to turn out great once the beta-testing is complete and we can all get our grubby mitts on it!

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud please get rid of this Crap video of a rip off of your hard work on your blog of the rip off by memorypsp
It makes me sick that people think they can do this to your team and it has no English trans anyway ;)

Decided to check their site looks to be under maintenance wonder why :ph34r:

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're taking suggestions for a PS3 game to work on next, can I add Yakuza 5 to the mix?

I'd really rather no one wasted their time translating any more Tales of games.

Reactions: zenjirou

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys what about Last Ranker (PSP)???
I saw a thread in this forum with complete (subs)translation but the author does not know how to put translated lines in game, so it would be romhaking only :)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say God Eater 2, and maybe the Last Ranker (since that one has already a translator who did the main game and is willing to complete it if there's someone to insert the text for him in the ISO)...
But I'll be realistic and quit wishful thinking.

Thing is, the lack of translators is the real thing hindering these kinds of efforts, despite all of the best intentions on the part of Sky and other hackers.
Our Ni no Kuni DS translation is stalled precisely because we have zero translators with us, and another Falcom game (which can be edited with Notepad+ since everything -well, besides some graphics for town entrances-) is entirely possible yet once again a lack of translators is what's preventing this kind of thing to materialize.

I really hope you can find translators interested enough in any game you choose, I'll look forward for its release :)

you have tales of vesperia on xbox. translating the ps3 version seems a waste of time since we have so many jap games that didn't release here in either side

The "additional content" for the PS3 version is on a whole other level than most PSP/PS3 Tales ports. It's essentially a remake.
Also, "jap" (sic) is racist slang, and extremely offensive to Japanese folks. I think it's not what you intended, so you may want to avoid that word. Friendly advice :)
====

Sky, I'd like to ask you how to decrypt/encrypt the eboot.bin in psp isos, or if that's not possible, at least give me a lead. You know Japanese devs have that nasty habit of stuffing text there :)

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are many games i want to play for psp. Actually i taking japanese courses one day i hope to play. some of those games;

Fate/Extra CCC
Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment
Summon Night 5
Frontier Gate Boost
7th Dragon 2020-II
Shining Arc
Shining Hearts
sUikoden games
mana khemia 2
heroes of phantasia
many Tales of games
super robot taisen games.