Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the topic I started about GKH?? I used a proxy server to play online in JP but the single player is just as good, not to mention multiplayer can be played offline with NPCs instead...
I have the files somebody gave me from the ISO if ANYBODY wants to help me pull out the JP script...

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This game is currently being translated by datehacks team, if I'm not mistaken its current patch covers up to chapter 10 (story mode) & 4 chapters (extra story)

I didn't knew the name of the team, and how I couldn't find nothing about the project progress I thought that the project was dead...
Thanks!! *-*

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey jamrules, the guy translating sol trigger, has been having trouble with the font sizing for a long time.
Sky, might you be able to give him some tips on fixing the problem since your good at rom-hacking.
I excited that your team is doing well in the FF Type zero translation, though I just hope I can play sol trigger as well.
This just a beckon for help. If you don't have the time it's ok.

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey jamrules, the guy translating sol trigger, has been having trouble with the font sizing for a long time.
Sky, might you be able to give him some tips on fixing the problem since your good at rom-hacking.
I excited that your team is doing well in the FF Type zero translation, though I just hope I can play sol trigger as well.

Quit spamming posts.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"I am excited you are doing well in your project all in an attempt to get help for the game I want to play in English instead".

If you want to request help from Sky you can just send a PM and see if he replies. Grump Grump.

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
"I am excited you are doing well in your project all in an attempt to get help for the game I want to play in English instead".

If you want to request help from Sky you can just send a PM and see if he replies. Grump Grump.

I think he all ready have...

Casviel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay first of all i would like to say hi to all the members of this forum. I am watching this thread since i learned about the translation of Type-0 and i decided now to register in order to thank Sky and his team that finally we will be able to play this amazing game. I am so excited about it that i can hardly wait till the release date! For me this will be the ''real'' next Final Fantasy after X. So thanks a lot for translating this guys! You are making many people happy with this move. More then you can even imagine.

Also seeing that the translation team is looking suggestions for the next translation project (if they decide to translate a new game) i would to suggest too a couple of titles.

What i would like to say first is this though. Sky and his team must choose a game that that can be accessible to as many users as possible. I am reading a lot of you want Tales of Vesperia for PS3. This is a nice suggestion but CFW for PS3 is not as widespread as PSP's CFW. It is really difficult for people to mod their PS3 because first of all they can unless they have a PS3 with a firmware since 2009 and second it is very difficult. Let alone there aren't any PS3 emulators for PC. What i want to say is that Sky and his team must choose a platform that most users can use without problems. PSP and PS2 are the only ones right now. Well there are GBA,SNES,PSX and DS but i think the team will choose a relatively new platform. PSP can be modded very easy plus there is already a working emulator. With PS2 from the other hand we have PCSX2 so... we are all set. Also all PCs can run PCSX2 at full speed (at least the ones with specs after 2008).

So here are my suggestions:

Tales of Destiny 2

The game all the Tales fans want to play. Sequel to the fan-favorite Tales of Destiny this game released only for Japan for PS2 and PSP. Many teams started working on a translation after the release of the game but all them stopped soon after. Tales of Destiny 2 is the best selling Tales game in Japan and is the final conclusion to the epic tale that started with Tales of Destiny.

Super Robot Taisen

The long running robot series that Japanese love. This franchise includes robots from many series and puts them all in an epic story where they all have to team together to eliminate the threat. Amazing animations, cool voice acting, shiny mechas and tons of hours to play this is one of the favorite franchises in Japan. There are many games that a team can choose to translate. We already have translated Super Robot Taisen Alpha Gaiden, Super Robot Taisen J, Super Robot Taisen for DS and a partial translation of Super Robot Wars Alpha. I think the best game a team should choose to translate is Super Robot Taisen Impact for PS2 because it is a standalone entry while the others like the Alpha series and Z have many games. I would really like to see Z or Alpha 2 translated though.

Bonus video

Dragon Quest IV

Last this is a personal favorite. The game already is available in english for DS but i don't a DS let alone it is hard to track a copy of the game anymore because Square printed a low number. The game was available for PSX in Japan remade with the engine of Dragon Quest VII. The team which translated Dragon Quest V for PS2 was planning to translate it but for unknown reasons didn't. So an english version of the PSX game would be nice.

So these are my picks but i am sure if Sky and his team are planning to start another project they will create a poll or something similar.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think Dissidia in itself at it's core is a mediocre rock paper scissors fighting game but I'll keep my pessimism to myself. ExDeath is pretty boss though. Best character to use for sure. Master ExDeath and you master the game. To use him effectively you must know how every move of every character works. Pretty sure lag in PvP kills him though. Never got a chance to try PvP myself since Square didn't know how to implement infrastructure modes into the game.

I'd love to hear more about why you think that - I'm not a fighting game nut, but I've put close to 200 hours in to the game so far (the 012 version) and it seems pretty well-balanced to me...

Grand Knights Historia has almost the same problem as Titanfall and to a lesser extent Dragon Quest X. Its single player content is anemic, and it needs connecting to servers which were made accessible mainly for Japan-only IPs anyways.
Not to mention that the servers for it would be closed permanently really soon like every other online-only game on an old console. I hope there's some way to possibly rip the data on the server's side and rescue it somehow..

In defence of GKH, the single-player battles are a lot of fun. I have a menu-patched ISO of the game and between the combat and the gorgeous artwork I'd say it was worth playing even without multiplayer support. Having said that, I'd much rather see Berwick Saga or Persona 2 EP translated

Reactions: LumInvader

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
oh! and what about Corpse Party 2 Dead Patient? "Memories of Fear" was translating that but...

"Unfortunately, we have reached a stand still with our translation project of Corpse Party 2: DEAD PATIENT.
There is an issue with the spacing limitations of the game that is currently beyond our skill level. Until then, we cannot progress further with this project and it will be stuck around 90%. Also, we prefer to not release an unpolished product that doesn’t reflect our standards."

And that was a lot of months ago, now the project is basicly dead ._.

Btw, thanks to the team for the big effort on translating Type-0, I recently buy a psp just for that game (well, for a couple more too, but principally for Type-0 ) n.n

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, my first thought when I clicked on this thread today was "UGH... all this talking and nothing about the actual subject matter..." Then I had to quickly remind myself - COME ON AUGUST 8TH! :lol:

I was playing some of the unpatched japanese version of the game this morning on my laptop's PPSSPP. And there's always been an issue about it when I play on my PPSSPP....... I can play the game just fine in the first few minutes. But once I come to the end of the first row of enemies, the game slows to a crawl and then the PPSSPP freezes on a black screen. Anyone else experience this problem on their PC's while playing Type-0? I know it can't be the version of the emulator i'm using. Because i've used many versions - updated versions of both the official and unofficial builds. Same results.

Zorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong