Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, we've received enough reports to add these to the confirmed issues. A Google Docs document will soon be available to document all currently confirmed issues along with recommendations on how to solve them.

- The Crimson Codex does not display correctly, does not unlock entries when they are meant to become available, or causes slowdown and performance issues when being viewed.
- Solution: No confirmed solution will work for all of these cases as yet, although I plan to look into it later this evening. For now, try the following to troubleshoot:

* Ensure that you have progressed far enough in the game for Crimson Codex entries to be made available. Entries should not unlock until specific in-game goals are reached.
* Ensure that you have not missed an unlocked entry. The in-game notification of an unlockable codex entry does not specify where the entry is located (this was also the case in the original game). Try scrolling fully through each subsection. The scroll bar for each subsection is located on the left side of the screen. For the Historical Records section, it is quite small, owing to that section's large size.
* If slowdown issues or crashes are occurring on either PSP or emulation, ensure that you have the latest editions of PPSSPP and/or PSP custom firmware. The Codex takes up an extremely large amount of memory, which can cause performance issues under certain circumstances.

- All systems: Videos display incorrectly, stutter, or cause the game to crash or become nonresponsive.
- Solution: Still being investigated, though several users and team members have verified video accessibility on both PSP and PPSSPP, so a fix of some sort should be available.

- All systems: The save/load screen displays some content in Japanese under certain circumstances.
- Solution: Still be investigated. Note, however, that the same menu can still be used normally if it is displayed in the incorrect language. The Japanese option with two characters is "Yes" and the option with three characters is "No."

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering the same thing as well. Aldostools keeps giving me an error about the EBOOT not being signed when I try.
Hey, if you find anything else out, please let me know.

I might be resorting to these two choices

Component cables on 55 inch LED
PSP to PC monitor via USB

Wonderful input lag

D

Deleted User

Merkabah when you have the google doc rdy can you link it on the first page it's hard to keep track of all the issues on different posts.
Thanks and sorry for being annoying.

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My psp game save file translated but don't know about Crimson codex (on psp) because after that movie problem i passed psp option for now playing with ppsspp.

edit: i answered for ' Oh, my save messages weren't translated either. Maybe that's related to the Crimson Codex issue I had? Can anyone playing on the PSP confirm their save messages are translated and their Codex works? I'm on 6.60 PRO-CFW. ' but i guess i understand wrong him. =))

SCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be good to have a version of the patcher that is pure command line, since it doesn't currently work in wine (either with mono or with winetricks dotnet20)

For mono the exception is:
Unhandled Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No valid icon entry were found.
which might be caused by the assemblies being confused about the icon size or something.
The donet exception is a invalid handle to the form, and i'm not even going to copy it since it sounds like a wild goose chase.

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed issues:

- PSP: Under certain circumstances, the game will crash or become unresponsive if the system is placed into Sleep Mode while a video is playing.
- Solution: None. I believe this is just a small unfortunate issue that stems from inserting new video files into the game. Please avoid placing your system into Sleep Mode while a video file is playing for now.

- PSP: Under certain circumstances, pressing the Home button while a video is playing will cause the video display to become garbled.
- Solution: Likely explained by the same as above. In this case, though, it appears that the video can still be skipped normally by pressing the X button.

Reactions: Madridi

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...nuts. Mega stopped at 95% and says "Temporary Error: Retrying"

My swearing shall pierce the heavens.

I recommend the plugin they want to install in your browser for fast download

BTW Team great work and I wanted this so bad that I made my PC dual boot now have win7 and all went well with patch

Thanks again and like stated the Yes No is not translated but the rest of the save is and exit to XMB is as well and that is a surprise most trans forget to do that B-)

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the plugin they want to install in your browser for fast download

BTW Team great work and I wanted this so bad that I made my PC dual boot now have win7 and all went well with patch

Thanks again and like stated the Yes No is not translated but the rest of the save is and exit to XMB is as well and that is a surprise most trans forget to do that B-)

The less I have to install, the happier I am. Perfectly ok with slow downloads, if it means I don't have more programs I don't fully understand on my computer.

One question though, is there a point where you can tell Mega has failed in retrying, and is just hanging?

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The less I have to install, the happier I am. Perfectly ok with slow downloads, if it means I don't have more programs I don't fully understand on my computer.

One question though, is there a point where you can tell Mega has failed in retrying, and is just hanging?

Mega has the tendency to freeze pretty often, you cannot really see if he's retrying, you just notice when it froze.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you keep an eye on it and see your download speed fluctuate or the time for download stops for more then 30 sec probably had some problems try again or hope for the best maybe corrupt

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has already been answered but what firmware does it support? I am on 5.00 m33-6 by the way.

Verrannicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just confirming, since I've been happily playing the game for a while now, but when I ran the translation patcher I only had to run it on the one disk/iso, correct? Or do I need to run it on both of them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1