Gaming Final Fantasy VII port still has the music loop glitch?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anybody confirm this? Is it still in there? Made the game practically unplayable for me on PS4.

And if that's the case.. do we have the tools to fix this?

Edit: It's still there.

Last edited by Bimmel,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea its a sh*t port too, fuzzy AF. I friggin bought this game separately for ps1/ps3, (psv/ps4), psp, pc. because i kept forgetting my playstation account and password and it was only a few bucks. IDK why, this game isnt even that great, its a nostalgia thing and it isnt even worth it. I've had a sxos since the second week and never used it until now just for this game and its meh... the psp version is the best version.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is also another bug in the switch version instead of the game seamlessly going to fmv from gameplay with no transition you get a black flash on screen for a second or so and sometimes the screen flashed black multiple times before it transitions into fmv

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the music bug is still there. I'm beginning to hate the company over their refusal to address this in multiple ports across multiple platforms.

Reactions: DarthDub

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I think people should stop buying re-releases. Reboot or remake fair game but the same game? Emulate or get an original system, specially with a worst port o bad emulation compilation.

Reactions: tbb043

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people should stop buying re-releases. Reboot or remake fair game but the same game? Emulate or get an original system, specially with a worst port o bad emulation compilation.

I must be the only one who hates wobbly PS1 3D games/models then. PC port is so much smoother with the 3D models. People sure love bitching about the PC port it seems, not like they're forced to buy it.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I must be the only one who hates wobbly PS1 3D games/models then. PC port is so much smoother with the 3D models. People sure love bitching about the PC port it seems, not like they're forced to buy it.
You lose either way. Smooth 3D models and crappy backgrounds or vice-versa. But the PC version at least have a nice mod with HD backgrounds just released.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that if it's enhanced, remake or a reboot it's okay but a straight re-release while also introducing new bugs is not.
Refusing to acknowledge the bugs is the worst part to me. It's been 3.25 years for the PS4 release and even longer for Steam. They keep releasing the same broken shit even though we know they're aware of it since they did finally patch the same issue with FFX HD on PS4 after it had been out for over a year? SE has no integrity to keep this sort of practice going.

Last edited by Glyptofane,
Reactions: DarthDub

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem to but on the PC and PS3 port, what I had to do was softlock my game and re-install it. There's probably nothing wrong with the music sync but just make sure that the data is wiped clean before starting again, if anything else happens I think its best to just stop, but don't replay the game.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the bug where it restarts the field music after every battle? That has been there ever since the 1998 PC release.
This is the one I was referring to and what I thought OP meant. The soundtrack is a big part of this game's atmosphere and this bug in particular really cheapens it.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the one I was referring to and what I thought OP meant. The soundtrack is a big part of this game's atmosphere and this bug in particular really cheapens it.
That is indeed what I meant. The soundtrack is such a vital part of the game and transports so many feelings. Random battles happen far too often to hear some of the best parts in the tracks.

Keeping this bug intact literally spits on the composers work in my opinion.

Maybe I'm too nostalgic about this, but I rather play with shitty resolution than hearing the first 15 seconds of many songs over and over again.

Reactions: Glyptofane

cottonMOUSE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
Too bad mod support on Switch is such a PITA to use and implement.
It's actually just a matter of dumping the files into a layeredfs directory. Even the PC executable, so you're not really limited by anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is indeed what I meant. The soundtrack is such a vital part of the game and transports so many feelings. Random battles happen far too often to hear some of the best parts in the tracks.

Keeping this bug intact literally spits on the composers work in my opinion.

Maybe I'm too nostalgic about this, but I rather play with shitty resolution than hearing the first 15 seconds of many songs over and over again.
If you use the New Threat mod, you can have the game maintain the Field Music when in battle, which handily circumvents this bug at least!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: @AncientBoi how are you ? :evil: :D +1