Final pre-launch trailer for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom released, showing Ganondorf

UPDATE: The trailer is now live! A short but fully packed 3 mins trailer, showing a lot of new enemies and vistas, and even a look at Ganondorf!

With just one month away from the release of the highly anticipated sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nintendo has prepared another trailer for the game, preparing a livestream for the 3rd and final trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The livestream will air on April 13th, 2023, at 7am PT or 10am ET.

What new surprises will the new trailer unveil? With Tears of the Kingdom releasing on May 12th, 2023, the hype is ramping up, and we're now entering the final weeks until the game appears (either officially or through street date breaks and leaks :tpi: )

Attachments

• FthN5lrXgAAhGyb.jpg
    FthN5lrXgAAhGyb.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 73

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it took a while to fully sell me on this game, but I think I might be sold on it. I still think $70 is a stupid price, and they should give $20 of Nintendo Store credit to buyers who also have BOTW, but this game is looking pretty dope.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it took a while to fully sell me on this game, but I think I might be sold on it. I still think $70 is a stupid price, and they should give $20 of Nintendo Store credit to buyers who also have BOTW, but this game is looking pretty dope.
what's even more ridiculous is the etrian origins game, which is ports of the first 3 etrian odyssey games. $80, wtf!?

raejin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ohhhh man I got CHILLS 😳😳
Got a lot of friends saying "BOTW sucked" "It's overhyped" nah man that game was groundbreaking when it came out
I do agree though the price is just too much and they're relying on that old hype from the first game to justify the price but it's worrying that other games will likely follow in its footsteps :unsure: *sigh*
reluctantly participating in capitalism for the sake of this game - nintendo got us in a choke hold

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhh man I got CHILLS 😳😳
Got a lot of friends saying "BOTW sucked" "It's overhyped" nah man that game was groundbreaking when it came out
I do agree though the price is just too much and they're relying on that old hype from the first game to justify the price but it's worrying that other games will likely follow in its footsteps :unsure: *sigh*
reluctantly participating in capitalism for the sake of this game - nintendo got us in a choke hold
I need to play the first game. I am coming from an rpg background, where you want to experience everything, get everything, but I no longer use guides, and I haven't really been doing post game. my objective is just to beat the game. my backlog is way too big to go through a game more than once or to do post game stuff unless I feel like it.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was/am hesitant to try the first game, because it seemed like such a departure from what made zelda great, but damn, the second game looks awesome! I felt the same way about odyssey, but that turned out to be the best 3d Mario game I've ever played. I need to play the first game after metroid prime. I have the second one preordered using one of those vouchers.

BOTW is still worth a play, despite it's departure from some of the traditional elements. There's still plenty to criticize of it, for sure. But I'd say it's still a solid 8.5/10 for a Zelda game in my book. If nothing else, borrow it from someone, give it a few hours and see if you like it.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTW is still worth a play, despite it's departure from some of the traditional elements. There's still plenty to criticize of it, for sure. But I'd say it's still a solid 8.5/10 for a Zelda game in my book. If nothing else, borrow it from someone, give it a few hours and see if you like it.
I already own it, so I think I'll try it out once I beat prime. I'm not sure if I'll try to get everything in that game or just beat it, probably the latter.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already own it, so I think I'll try it out once I beat prime. I'm not sure if I'll try to get everything in that game or just beat it, probably the latter.

As far as the completionist side of things goes, it definitely feels like a grind, which is one criticism a lot of people have about it - myself included. I'd say just complete enough shrines to the point where you're comfortable with your hearts and stamina, unless you really want to get an extra set of armor for the effort. The same thing with Korok Seeds for expanding inventory - you only need enough to be comfortable. Grinding Korok Seeds will otherwise feel like an endless chore if you try collecting all 900 of them. I stopped after 150, personally.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the completionist side of things goes, it definitely feels like a grind, which is one criticism a lot of people have about it - myself included. I'd say just complete enough shrines to the point where you're comfortable with your hearts and stamina, unless you really want to get an extra set of armor for the effort. The same thing with Korok Seeds for expanding inventory - you only need enough to be comfortable. Grinding Korok Seeds will otherwise feel like an endless chore if you try collecting all 900 of them. I stopped after 150, personally.
I'll do what I can. I hope I like it.

Reactions: Delerious

raejin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, yeah big agree with this
All Korok seeds is useless except for the dopamine hit of 'I did that' , I wish they'd at least give us a good reward
I also never got the bike (DLC I think?) because it was too much of a hassle and I'm sad I never got to try it, but screw that lmao

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't watched this trailer. Didn't watch the showcase the other week either. All I know since the previous trailer is a stone on a stick and hot ganandorf. Excited to go into this as blind as possible!

Reactions: Beaukilla

Noxbur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haven't watched this trailer. Didn't watch the showcase the other week either. All I know since the previous trailer is a stone on a stick and hot ganandorf. Excited to go into this as blind as possible!
Same mood here dude. I didn't watch it today either, and still managed to stumble upon a breathtaking Ganondorf image anyway, I'm trying to conserve all the hype until the game leaks lol.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, the chills

It just looks so fucking great. If people were afraid it looked too much like BoTW and are still not convinced, I don't see what will make them think otherwise

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Alright.. So... 2023 has given me TWO games for the Switch that I would like to try:

Metroid Prime Remaster (After I run through the GC version again, I'll be picking this up)
Tears of the Kingdom. This trailer really set an expectation, and I hope that Nintendo is smart enough to at the very least come close to meeting it.

Only leery because of the price tag, but I need to play my OLED some more..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.. So... 2023 has given me TWO games for the Switch that I would like to try:

Metroid Prime Remaster (After I run through the GC version again, I'll be picking this up)
Tears of the Kingdom. This trailer really set an expectation, and I hope that Nintendo is smart enough to at the very least come close to meeting it.

Only leery because of the price tag, but I need to play my OLED some more..
I feel ya. I've been playing the ps5 only for several months, and now I'm finally playing prime.

Reactions: ber71 and Kioku

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The goosebumps I've got from the orchestra were impossible to restrain! The video montage was great too. I hate to say it but well done, Ninty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: off to make lunch. L8er guys :) [ham sammies]