Hacking finally decided to upgrade from 3.55 need a little help....

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi fellas ok i been on kemaw 3.55 for absolutely ages but i feel its finally time to upgrade to rogero 4.46/4.50
i have the update ready to go and the latest multiman ready to install i just need to do it...

some questions..
it says i can just put the update on a usb and update direct from the "system update" option in the xmb menu is that REALLY all i need to do? is it that easy?
can i actually upgrade direct from kemaw cfw 3.55 to rogero 4.50? has anyone here done it like this?

do i do that 1st "and then" install the newest multiman? or instal multiman 1st? i currently have multiman 4.20

do i really need to q & a flag and make a nand back up? (im not too sure how to do this tbh)

is ther anything else i need to do? like an MD check? how do i do that

thanks guys for any info its been ages since i upgraded the old ps3 so im a little out of touch in the cfw scene

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure it has to be done via the recovery menu but don't quote me on that and yeah update first and then do multiman, play it safe, qa flags is for downgrading after as far as I'm aware but can't hurt doing a nand backup

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone from kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero without using the recovery method. I'd update the cfw first and then mM. Last time I checked, multiMan server was back up and you could update it online right from mMs gui. As for the md5 checksum, it's a good idea and there are various ways to check it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did